Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don't think going over the amp rating on a regulated mod is going to hurt anything.
On the dna and as and iq chips it fires perfectly fine no problems.

Your thinking is all Bass Ackwards.

It's Not the Mod or the Chip you should be Worried about. It's pushing the Battery(s) Too Hard and the having one or both go into Thermal Runaway.

And for what? So you can somehow make a RDA do something that you like with what you have?

Do Yourself, and those around you, a favor. If you just Can't Figure Out how to make things work using Lower Watts on what you have, then buy a Dual 21700 Regulated Mod and get a set of Batteries can hand those Amps that you just have to use.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
With every new post the OP reveals more and more of what he DOES NOT understand.

It must taste good......
img_3880.jpg

Ya know...... It's been said millions of times......
You-can-lead-a-horse-to-water.jpg

And it's soooooo freakin' true!!!

Perhaps we'll read about and/or see you in the news.

Good luck!!!

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
With every new post the OP reveals more and more of what he DOES NOT understand.

It must taste good......
View attachment 989052

View attachment 989051

Good luck!!!
Since when do regulated mods blow up?

And why would wotofo sell me a product that would harm me?

Give me a real response instead of a meme.

Go to wotofo.com and look at the profile ps rda, scroll down, and it shows you all the different mesh strips you can use. I'm using the nexmesh A1. Wotofo has its statistics and all.

It's not some custom wire build that I made up.

I'm just following directions from wotofo.

Reactions: TARTARA

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023

It must taste good......
View attachment 989052

View attachment 989051

Good luck!!!

Scroll down and read when u click the link.
And the power ratings they say are for each strip, not sure why they did that so take it and multiply it by 2 basically.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Since when do regulated mods blow up?

It's pretty Rare for a Regulated Mod to Blow Up. Because the Vast Majority of people Aren't pushing things like you are. Or have such a Poor Understanding of what is going on. But will Aggressively Challenge those who are trying to Help You.

Here's Life Lesson #7: If Everyone around you tells you you are doing something Wrong, even Total Strangers, then you are Probably doing something wrong. And in a Clear Moment, should think about things.

And why would wotofo sell me a product that would harm me?

Give me a real response instead of a meme.

Go to wotofo.com and look at the profile ps rda, scroll down, and it shows you all the different mesh strips you can use. I'm using the nexmesh A1. Wotofo has its statistics and all.

It's not some custom wire build that I made up.

I'm just following directions from wotofo.

OK, I got sick of hearing "Just go to Wotofo.com, Just go to Wotofo.com." So I did. And here is what I saw...

Profile PS Dual RDA

Specifications
RDA Type: Dual Mesh RDA
Deck Diameter: Ф28.5mm
Overall Height: 35.5mm (with 810 drip tip and 510 pin)
Drip Tip: 810 Resin Drip Tip
Coil Configuration: Dual Mesh in Parallel or Series
Included Mesh Resistance: 0.30Ω (series build: 0.60Ω; parallel build: 0.15Ω)
Wattage Range: 60-90W
Recommended Wattage: 75-85W
Juice Well Capacity: 3ml
Juice Feeding Method: Drip / Squonk
Airflow Type: Adjustable Side Airflow
Body Material: Stainless Steel
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Threading: 510 Thread

So Wotofo says the Wattage Range for the Profile PS Dual is 60~90W. With a Recommended Wattage of 75~85W.

Then I looked at those Mesh Strips you say you use...

nexMESH A1 Mesh Coil

0.13 ohms
16mm by 6.8mm
Wattage Range: 60W – 70W

"The Kanthal A1 nexMESH Mesh Coil is made of Kanthal material with a built-in resistance of 0.13ohms. The coil measures 16mm by 6.8mm and can be placed easily on the profile RDA or RTA. For the best performance, the recommended wattage range is 60W-70W. The Kanthal A1 coil has round shaped holes with plenty of surface area."

Once again a Run of the Mill Wattage Range of 60 ~ 70W.

But here is something Interesting. Notice the Resistance is give at 0.13 Ohms. Which would fit in with what Wotofo Mods are capable of Doing. But you say the Build is 0.07 Ohms. Which is Half of what the OEM says they are. So that makes me Wonder if you are running your RDA in Parallel Mode and you don't know it?

Anyway you Slice it, something is Seriously Wacked with that setup. And the Numbers you say are Cool Aren't what Wotofo has on their Website. Or make any sense for that matter.

Last edited:

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
It's pretty Rare for a Regulated Mod to Blow Up. Because the Vast Majority of people Aren't pushing things like you are. Or have such a Poor Understanding of what is going on. But will Aggressively Challenge those who are trying to Help You.

Here's Life Lesson #7: If Everyone around you tells you you are doing something Wrong, even Total Strangers, then you are Probably doing something wrong. And in a Clear Moment, should think about things.

OK, I got sick of hearing "Just go to Wotofo.com, Just go to Wotofo.com." So I did. And here is what I saw...

Profile PS Dual RDA

Specifications
RDA Type: Dual Mesh RDA
Deck Diameter: Ф28.5mm
Overall Height: 35.5mm (with 810 drip tip and 510 pin)
Drip Tip: 810 Resin Drip Tip
Coil Configuration: Dual Mesh in Parallel or Series
Included Mesh Resistance: 0.30Ω (series build: 0.60Ω; parallel build: 0.15Ω)
Wattage Range: 60-90W
Recommended Wattage: 75-85W
Juice Well Capacity: 3ml
Juice Feeding Method: Drip / Squonk
Airflow Type: Adjustable Side Airflow
Body Material: Stainless Steel
Insulator Material: German PEEK
Threading: 510 Thread

So Wotofo says the Wattage Range for the Profile PS Dual is 60~90W. With a Recommended Wattage of 75~85W.

Then I looked at those Mesh Strips you say you use...

nexMESH A1 Mesh Coil

0.13 ohms
16mm by 6.8mm
Wattage Range: 60W – 70W

"The Kanthal A1 nexMESH Mesh Coil is made of Kanthal material with a built-in resistance of 0.13ohms. The coil measures 16mm by 6.8mm and can be placed easily on the profile RDA or RTA. For the best performance, the recommended wattage range is 60W-70W. The Kanthal A1 coil has round shaped holes with plenty of surface area."

Once again a Run of the Mill Wattage Range of 60 ~ 70W.

But here is something Interesting. Notice the Resistance is give at 0.13 Ohms. Which would fit in with what Wotofo Mods are capable of Doing. But you say the Build is 0.07 Ohms. Which is Half of what the OEM says they are. So that makes me Wonder if you are running your RDA in Parallel Mode and you don't know it?

Anyway you Slice it, something is Seriously Wacked with that setup. And the Numbers you say are Cool Aren't what Wotofo has on their Website. Or make any sense for that matter.
The strip is .13 ohms, and I'm using 2 in parallel mode so it cuts it in half. If you scroll down on the info page of the profile ps it tells you the ohms of each and every strip and it says .07ohms for mine. It doesn't say anything about it being dangerous. And the a1 strip when running one of them is 60 to 80 watts. For some reason they say 60 to 80 for them when running dual which makes no sense it's twice as much metal so why the same watts

I'm not trying to argue with you guys, and I am greatful for the input, I'm just trying to make sure you know what it is I'm doing exactly before giving me the ultimatum.

The page you went to is for buying the item it doesn't tell you everything.
This page tells you what every strip does in parallel and series modes both I use parallel

Go to THAT page.

And you'll see what I mean about the recommend wattage being the same for dual strips as it is for just one strip, which makes no sense to me.

So after reviewing that page get back to me on your thoughts of what I should do, maybe vape on it series mode? But it's such a better vape in parallel

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
The strip is .13 ohms, and I'm using 2 in parallel mode so it cuts it in half. If you scroll down on the info page of the profile ps it tells you the ohms of each and every strip and it says .07ohms for mine. It doesn't say anything about it being dangerous. And the a1 strip when running one of them is 60 to 80 watts. For some reason they say 60 to 80 for them when running dual which makes no sense it's twice as much metal so why the same watts

I'm not trying to argue with you guys, and I am greatful for the input, I'm just trying to make sure you know what it is I'm doing exactly before giving me the ultimatum.

The page you went to is for buying the item it doesn't tell you everything.
This page tells you what every strip does in parallel and series modes both I use parallel

Go to THAT page.

And you'll see what I mean about the recommend wattage being the same for dual strips as it is for just one strip, which makes no sense to me.

So after reviewing that page get back to me on your thoughts of what I should do, maybe vape on it series mode? But it's such a better vape in parallel
Edit: it says 60 to 70 just like you said, but that is for EACH Strip. Because on the profile 1 with one strip its recommended 60 to 70. So if you have two strips that means you need twice as much power roughly am I wrong?

So 120 to 140 watts is the wattage recommendation for parallel A1 strips.

It won't give you a hit at 60 to 70 watts not enough power, now if you are running one strip then yes. But they mean for each strip.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Edit: it says 60 to 70 just like you said, but that is for EACH Strip. Because on the profile 1 with one strip its recommended 60 to 70. So if you have two strips that means you need twice as much power roughly am I wrong?

It won't give you a hit at 60 to 70 watts not enough power, now if you are running one strip then yes. But they mean for each strip.
I'm just trying to make sure both you guys and me are on the same page, and see eye to eye before I just go with what your saying. I don't want to say(okay cool got it) when we're not fully understanding each other.

Again, thank you for putting in the time to help me

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023

And 120 to 140 makes sense because that's for sure the sweet spot for the hit. (I like 132).
A nice warm smooth saturated hit. Absolutely amazing. Idc about the clouds but they are huge AF.
This pic doesn't do them justice at all but it is an idea.

So now after you've read that link that I sent you, and we're on the same page, let me know what you think about the whole thing and wotofo marketing the a1 strips for parallel mode.

Not trying to annoy you guys, sorry

Attachments

• IMG_20230124_013258142_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230124_013258142_HDR.jpg
    888.6 KB · Views: 7

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
And 120 to 140 makes sense because that's for sure the sweet spot for the hit. (I like 132).
A nice warm smooth saturated hit. Absolutely amazing. Idc about the clouds but they are huge AF.
This pic doesn't do them justice at all but it is an idea.

So now after you've read that link that I sent you, and we're on the same page, let me know what you think about the whole thing and wotofo marketing the a1 strips for parallel mode.

Not trying to annoy you guys, sorry
Sorry for not putting this all in one, the L200 allowed me to vape on these strips at any wattage I wanted No problems, if the l200 and most other mods allow it does that mean regulated mods can be dangerous? And that the chips aren't doing their job? Ide like your input on that comment

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
Sorry for not putting this all in one, the L200 allowed me to vape on these strips at any wattage I wanted No problems, if the l200 and most other mods allow it does that mean regulated mods can be dangerous? And that the chips aren't doing their job? Ide like your input on that comment
This is me trying to argue by the way, it's a genuine question that I hope you can answer.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023

Scroll down and read when u click the link.
And the power ratings they say are for each strip, not sure why they did that so take it and multiply it by 2 basically.
Might just get the rx 200 which has 3 batteries that way I'm not pushing them so hard. The dovpo is letting me go to the watts it feels is safe, so for now until next paycheck It should be fine.

HashiramadYomama

Jan 24, 2023
I usually have my MTL RTAs somewhere to 12 - 15 - 17.5 Ws and my RDAs with a single coil somewhere to 25 - 30 Ws and im pretty good... just saying... !
I didn't know there were better 18650s than the vtc6, the molicel p28a is rated at 25 amps, so that's 50 total and my desired wattage is 132 so that's 43 amps. And it the dual topside let's me vape my .07 rda and the craftsmanship and ergo is amazing.

How come no one just suggested I get those batteries?

Sorry for the continuous replys but I just learned about those batteries and want to know if that is also kosher

TARTARA

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2023
Yeah there are some quite different types of 18650, some with a lot of Mahs so they "suppose to can last longer", and some with a lot of Amds and they "suppose to can handle bigger loads... ! On these high Watts - low builds they are playing a crucial role... you you have to be very careful !
And on michanical mods too, you have to know very good before you use them, because you don't have any protections like in the regulated mods, there you are playing with the fire... !
For me with my MTL RTAs on a regulated mod doesn't matter so much, but it's better to have batterys with a lot of mahs !
Just my opinion, you have to do you own research... in general... !

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    You're failing to understand the message these other guys are trying to convey to you. While yes, regulated mods are pretty safe when it comes to battery usage and draw, there's some common sense that needs to be used when vaping which they're not seeing, and neither am I.

Your logic says how can a car company sell cars if they can cause you serious harm? Well because, they assume you'll use the product as it was intended, and when done so correctly, the risk is minimal.

At one point you said your very high wattage was pulling 4 or so amps, and then later said you set the device to variable voltage mode at 3.3V and it was working great. Well, if you fully understand Ohm's Law and did some quick mental math, you would know between these two values, you're only going to get out about 13W, so your math isn't adding up. What these guys are trying to point out to you is, you don't quite understand how it all works well enough to be trying to do the risky things you're doing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread