problems with mesh coils .15 in vape pen 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

3duard0

May 24, 2019
hi guys, i've been using the vape pen 22 for almost two months with .3 coils, and i didn't have any problem, but now i bought some mesh coils of .15 ohms and my vape doesn't seems to work with it, it just let me vape for two seconds and then it stops heating the coil, and sometimes it even doesn't heat the coil, it just blinks the led 4 times, idk if my vape is not working or if the resistance is too low, maybe one of you can solve my doubt. thanks.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hi guys, i've been using the vape pen 22 for almost two months with .3 coils, and i didn't have any problem, but now i bought some mesh coils of .15 ohms and my vape doesn't seems to work with it, it just let me vape for two seconds and then it stops heating the coil, and sometimes it even doesn't heat the coil, it just blinks the led 4 times, idk if my vape is not working or if the resistance is too low, maybe one of you can solve my doubt. thanks.

Hi and welcome,

Do you have a back up device you can use so that you will NOT smoke?
Is the battery fully charged?
Do you have a local vape shop you could visit?

According to SMOK: "The large number of thin films formed in the porous has greatly improved the free energy of the surface. "

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Smok advertises two compatible 0.15 ohm coils for the Pen 22. Being a fixed voltage device at 3.7 volts a 0.15 ohm coil would draw ~25 amps at 90+ watts. In comparison the 0.3 ohm coil would be ~12.5 amps at 45 watts.

Drawing 25+ amps is way too high for a device with an unknown battery regardless of what safety measures have been implemented. As others have suggested, stick with the 0.3 ohms coil

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.

Unfortunately you purchased a Smok product that may have a problem.
"Battery Features
3. Resistance protection: when the atomizer
resistance is lower than 0.1 ohm or higher than <--------- Yours is 0.15 ohms
2.5 ohms, the white LED light will blink 4 times
and the battery will automatically shut down the
output."

Re: https://res.smoktech.com/order/files/1501657276029.pdf

Could contact:
SMOK --->SMOKTech
Phone: (704) 696-8900.
Support: SMOK® Innovation keeps changing the vaping experience!
email: support@smoktech.com
ECF Smok dealer: VapeSourcing Vapesourcing
Vape Shop Online E-Cigarette & E-liquid Best For Sale
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/verashu.262193/#profile-post-71627

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um if you want to go that low resistance I would get a (non-smok) two battery mod that isn't fixed wattage (which I am thinking your smok setup is.)

Smok may ADVERTISE a 0.15 limit but I wouldn't trust it or vape it. Also, Qc being what it is, some of those coils may be 0.14 or 0.13 resistance. I am just saying.

Don't ever redline ANY mod, but certainly not Smok. I'm sorry but I'm giving you the best advice I have. Go back to the 0.3 coils or get a better setup. Or both, if you are serious about quitting, you will want a backup vape.

Anna

Reactions: vapdivrr

SkyBlueRose

May 23, 2012
Minnesota
I have been using vape pen 22’s probably since they first came out. The newer coils that are 1.5 mesh, I LOVED at first, but the last several boxes I have been very frustrated with. The first few of these frustrating ones, 2 or 3 appeared to be duds. Then the last few boxes 4 or 5 appeared to be duds. Now from what I am reading here, I know the problem is the low resistance. Of the duds, some don’t work at all, some very minimally, and some minimally. I am really bummed because I love the mesh ones when they work, mostly because of the flavor and they wick so well, never having dry hits.

Now that I know what is going on, and that it isn’t a safe option either, I will only get .3 or .4 coils for them (I have 3 vape pens.) I am still scratching my head about a couple things though. 1) why is there a variance of them working if they are all the same coils? At first most worked perfectly. I have read that sometimes the resistance can be inconsistent, like the coil will be marked one thing but test out as being something else. Could this be part of the reason the coils have varied as far as working? Then the more puzzling question is 2) Why is SMOK making mesh coils for their vape pens that are not going to work with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread