Problems with mini Protank 2, leads to burnt taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathbox Mnemic

Jul 29, 2013
Canada
Hey there,

I recently bought a mini Protank II. When it's working properly, it's fantastic! However I keep running into the same issue, the dreaded burnt taste. I've narrowed it down to an air lock issue (with the help of ECF of course). When it has the burnt taste, if I loosen the top part of the clearo (the piece right under the drip tip) I can see the air bubbles release, then the bad taste goes away, but not for long unfortunately.

Yesterday, I thought I had figured it all out. I replaced the coil (for the 5th or 6th time) but this time I removed 1 of the flavor wicks. No more air bubbles/burnt taste! Until this morning, when I took a nasty draw. Loosened the top of the clearo again, more bubbles! So like I said, it was working great after I removed the flavor wick, I've changed nothing at all (same juice, same device, same wattage) and the problem is back. Any suggestions?

-Using a 1.8ohm coil (although it reads at 2.2 :?:)
-iTaste VV V3.0
-I generally have the wattage set to 7
-I have the same issue on my iTaste MVP 2.0
-I've also tried the tank on an ego twist, same issue...

Last edited:

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Hey there,

I recently bought a mini Protank II. When it's working properly, it's fantastic! However I keep running into the same issue, the dreaded burnt taste. I've narrowed it down to an air lock issue (with the help of ECF of course). When it has the burnt taste, if I loosen the top part of the clearo (the piece right under the drip tip) I can see the air bubbles release, then the bad taste goes away, but not for long unfortunately.

Yesterday, I thought I had figured it all out. I replaced the coil (for the 5th or 6th time) but this time I removed 1 of the flavor wicks. No more air bubbles/burnt taste! Until this morning, when I took a nasty draw. Loosened the top of the clearo again, more bubbles! So like I said, it was working great after I removed the flavor wick, I've changed nothing at all (same juice, same device, same wattage) and the problem is back. Any suggestions?

-Using a 1.8ohm coil (although it reads at 2.2 :?:)
-iTaste VV V3.0
-I generally have the wattage set to 7

I don't know anything about watts, but on a 1.8 ohm coil, from what I've read, lower ohms takes lower voltage/wattage. Lower your volts/watts. You're probably pumping out too much electricity, burning through your juice and to the wick.

xCJack

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2013
United States
Thanks, I'll give it a shot but I run at 7 watts on every tank/coil (all my coils are 1.8 or 2.2) and haven't had an issue until now. Perhaps the mini Protank II is "special"...

If your other units are larger, and the coils are aswell, that could have something to do with it. If you're getting a burnt taste, lowering the voltage/wattage should be an obvious step to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread