Problems With Ms. T's - Anyone Else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
On the many good comments regarding Ms. T's Bakery e-juice - especially about the prompt delivery of orders and "delicious flavors", I placed an order on Jan 7.

It's now 5 days later. My debit card was charged, but the order hasn't shipped. I sent an email through their web-site last night asking about my order and it was a little disconcerting to receive a response that sounded a lot like excuses, with a promise to ship it out today.

It's not good business practice to receive payment for an order that almost a week later hasn't even been processed. I'd feel a little better about the whole thing if I hadn't been charged until the items shipped out. I now feel stuck, helpless, without remedy and potentially out some money with no product.

A home based business is still a business - period. Am I wrong to expect a confident, professional effort to proactively resolve order issues with clear communication and satisfactory resolution?

Is this the way most e-cig/e-juice suppliers operate? Or, did I make a bad decision choosing this vendor?

Has anyone else ever experienced a problem with this e-juice supplier?

I know I am new to all of this and it was my oversight to not order enough juice from cignot with my initial 510 starter kit, but when I placed my order with cignot I received it in less than 4 days!!

I placed the order with Ms. T's the day after I placed my order with cignot. I didn't even have my e-cig yet and I ordered the juice I knew I'd need. The website clearly stated "quick and fresh" - there was no indication that they were not processing or shipping orders. There is nothing that states their practice is to receive payment upon ordering, not shipping.

Earlier this evening when I checked, yet again - I see clearly, in red letters that orders placed now won't ship "until the end of the week or beginning of next week". :confused:

If I had seen that a week ago it would have been my decision to shop elsewhere or wait.

Will I have a problem getting relief and remedy from Ms. T? Should I try to cancel the order and get my money back? Is the product really worth the poor service, lack of proper communication and (I hate to say this- but) disregard for potential future business?

At this point I'm certainly reticent to ever place an order there again.

Am I wrong to think telling a brand new customer that you "fell behind" on orders because it was the holidays and you moved into a new house and you're now "playing catch up" - well, sounds like unprofessional excuse-making instead of active customer service problem solving? In the same correspondence I was also "vaguely" promised processing and shipment today, and not only was it not shipped, it's not even processed.

I'm now almost 4 days analog free and really loving this whole vaping journey. I'm going to run out of e-juice and I don't want to have to resort to picking up analogs while I try to figure out who will reliably ship e-juice quickly as promised on their web-sites :(

I apologize for being so wordy and for sounding so cranky and whiny - I AM cranky and whiny! :mad:

Any suggestions? Did I choose a poor e-juice supplier? Do you know of a reliable e-juice vendor who will ship decent product quickly? (not dekang- not liking the dekang so much, want to try something else)

Thanks everyone - I consider you all a huge part of my success to date :)

Remie

seegood

Jan 10, 2010
Florida
I am in the same boat as you although I did order from tasty vaper too...I saw her website was closed for the holidays/moving on another thread & yes I did not see that post until today after I ordered 1/8 no ship....I use to run my own business too & I know 2 things that can really hurt you..too much business or not enough business...so I am waiting I need a new flavor!!! I told my husband & he said wellllll....you were smoking the same cigs for years so I guess the same flavor for a week is fine! Yeah I have to wait till payday to order again...:(

~Bean75~

Jan 1, 2010
Mississippi
i ordered gorm her and my invoice got lost somehow... so since it was after business hours i called... here's the reasons your order might be delayed... this is a one woman company... she has no employees and makes everything fresh as it's ordered... with holidays and family needs thrown in the mix... things get behind... give her some time and if nothing else try calling her she's very nice and willing to work with you on your order... i mentioned a flavor she didn't make, so she's gonna try it out and send me a free sample to try... seriously... call her... she's only human and things do happen...

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
I understand how hard it is when you really need an order and it gets delayed, but I'm a regular of Ms T's and I can tell you about her and her service. This is the first time she has ever been behind since we have been ordering from her. We have always gotten our orders only days later. I also have an order I placed before you that I am waiting on, but I've been aware of the backed up orders she has so I've just been waiting patiently this time. Ms T is good people and she always feels terrible when she has to make anyone wait. She does make every order from scratch so she doesn't have bottles ready made on the shelves. Having to close for the holidays and trying to move and having a sick child and no help has really taken a toll this week and she's been pulling all nighters trying to keep up and get the orders done. I totally understand your frustration, but please don't count her out quite yet. She's always given us the best customer service and she will come through for you :).

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I understand your frustration, Remie. I agree that it isn't good business practice and I doubt I will order from her. Her website gives the impression she has it all under control but if she can't timely ship orders then maybe all the flavors are more than one person can handle professionally. Some business owners are good with R&D but need assistance when it comes to keeping up with the growth. There are so many suppliers that give such excellent customer service and NEED the business that no one has to settle for excuses.

I understand and can appreciate that many are loyal to her but having ejuice so you don't go back to analogs is important. She should have posted a notice on her website explaining a delay in shipping. IMHO And you should NEVER be charged until an order is shipped!!!

malyden

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
OH
as per her facebook page:
Due to the recent move I am a little behind in orders! I am working day and night to get each order created and shipped! Please remember that each bottle is created individually by me!! There is a waiting period if you place your order now, it may not be shipped until the end of the week or beginning of next week! I am so sorry for any inconvenience this may cause!
Login | Facebook

Rhaevyn

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2009
Tigard, Oregon
www.myspace.com
Remie, although I agree with your statements in a general sense (good business practices et al) as others have stated, this woman is doing this alone. Keep in mind that many of the other suppliers here are also startups at various stages of this game. This entire industry is still in its infancy and not everyone that starts out has help.

Regarding the charged before shipping: I work at an internet/registrar and can say that a lot of shopping cart programs are designed to charge the customer at the time of checkout. Depending on who she is hosted with and her skills with hosting, this may be a default feature and the reason you were charged before the item was shipped.

I will have to check out her liquids in the near future once she's settled. I have not done business with her myself yet, but being a single mother and vigorously searching for my own form of self-employment my heart can't help but go out to her.

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
She has also been keeping us all updated via her thread in the suppliers forum since before she had to close.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...404-ms-ts-bakery-essentials-news-updates.html

I'm sure you weren't aware of that thread since you are new, but she checks in often there to let everyone know of any delays to be expected and whatnot.

It's not my intentions to jump in as a "fanboy" (or fangirl lol), this really has just been a first in her getting behind and isn't expected to continue.

I had a similar experience recently with another well known and popular vendor here. I too had a user error and ran myself low on juice and needed some in a crunch so on many suggestions from other ecf members I placed my order and never received it. I was getting pretty mad and emailed them and didn't hear back for a couple days. When they responded back it turns out it was just a mistake and they made it right and were very apologetic which I appreciated so with that and all the other good reviews they have had I will still order from them again. We are all human and have moments where things get crazy or mistakes happen from time to time :).

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
I understand your frustration, Remie. I agree that it isn't good business practice and I doubt I will order from her. Her website gives the impression she has it all under control but if she can't timely ship orders then maybe all the flavors are more than one person can handle professionally. Some business owners are good with R&D but need assistance when it comes to keeping up with the growth. There are so many suppliers that give such excellent customer service and NEED the business that no one has to settle for excuses.

I understand and can appreciate that many are loyal to her but having ejuice so you don't go back to analogs is important. She should have posted a notice on her website explaining a delay in shipping. IMHO And you should NEVER be charged until an order is shipped!!!

This was my biggest problem and it's what worried me initially. Being charged immediately upon order. I wouldn't have a problem with it if I had that specific information when ordering because it would then become my choice to do business with that company, or not.

I do understand now that she is a small operation and I do trust that the people here who have done repeated business with her have good reason to defend her. I'm empathetic to her situation, honestly. I will give it a few days.

seegood is right when she said, "I use to run my own business too & I know 2 things that can really hurt you..too much business or not enough business..."

I used to run my own business too, and worked in client service for a long time as well. Even today, a large part of what I do is keeping clients happy and fostering good and lasting business relationships. I suppose my standards are very high as a result.

I have to remind myself that this particular market is all quite new and the upstart operations that are popping up as a result don't operate with huge overheads, staff, inventory, etc.

OK - I'll give Ms. T a break and be patient with everyone else :)

Thanks everyone!!

And to those of us white knuckling it waiting for our e-juice... :shock: :lol:

Greeneyeddevil

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Sulphur, LA
oh, yes i forgot about being charged. i have always been charged for orders as soon as i have placed them with any vendor i've ordered from regardless of how long it took me to get my order filled. i don't think that is actually handled by the vendor theirself but by whatever company processes the payments for them as the vendor generally doesn't even see your payment info :)

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
A little bird told me that she is working very hard in her e-kitchen cooking goodies...
...reminds of my own sweet Gramma in the kitchen cooking up ejuice for Grandad..

Only.. It wasn't ejuice. And Grampa was mostly passed out from his homemade rhubarb hootch he used to make. It was great for degreasing engine parts...and it didnt taste like maple bacon.

Remie

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Florida
A little bird told me that she is working very hard in her e-kitchen cooking goodies...
...reminds of my own sweet Gramma in the kitchen cooking up ejuice for Grandad..

Only.. It wasn't ejuice. And Grampa was mostly passed out from his homemade rhubarb hootch he used to make. It was great for degreasing engine parts...and it didnt taste like maple bacon.

:lol: !! OK - I saw the maple bacon, and other "bacon" flavored e-juice there and I just couldn't wrap my brain around smoking bacon. Wait - :lol: bacon is smoked.... I mean, inhaling bacon flavored vape... is it good? Does it taste like bacon? You like vaping bacon? Please enlighten me!!

I LOVE BACON... but I don't know if I want to relax and savor invisible bacon!!
(hrrrm... effortless bacon, LOL ... no chewing...) :lol:

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
I disagree with payments not being taken until shipment-every online vendor Ive dealt with has first taken payment, then made processed and shipped my orders.

About Ms T- She happens to have flavors that noone else has. I know other vendors have some of the same names but the taste of her flavors are unmatched. Definately worth the wait IMO.

I know its frustrating waiting this long for your order but I have a feeling once you recieve it you will be very pleasantly surprised ;)

Ms T is a very good E Juice creator and if you want something tweaked she will do it and even make flavors you make up if possible...

Considering the holidays and her being closed, Im sure she had alot of catching up to do. Thats an excuse yes, but its also a reason. I hope you can understand that one woman getting a business going is alot different than buying from a mass producing factory that spits out poor quality product in a super fast manner. Sometimes things are worth a lil extra time and I hope you will not cancel ur order bc I feel you would be truely missing out on an awesome product...

I also hope you report back once product is recieved for your opinion on the juice itself....Just be patient, if she said she mailed it today then Im sure it got mailed. In the future, you will know it may not get sent out same day and be prepared to wait a few days but Im confident you;ll prob want to order from her again ;)

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
:lol: !! OK - I saw the maple bacon, and other "bacon" flavored e-juice there and I just couldn't wrap my brain around smoking bacon. Wait - :lol: bacon is smoked.... I mean, inhaling bacon flavored vape... is it good? Does it taste like bacon? You like vaping bacon? Please enlighten me!!

I LOVE BACON... but I don't know if I want to relax and savor invisible bacon!!
(hrrrm... effortless bacon, LOL ... no chewing...) :lol:

You know... I thought the same thing. I was like.. "I like smoking" and "I like bacon" hmm.

As soons as she comes up with "Poached Egg" I'm making an e-McMuffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread