Problems with new Super Mesh X1-X2 coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeromy Keller

Dec 8, 2020
I have been using the super mesh coils for about a year now on an Aero tank and now a Cerberus tank. I have really enjoyed the coils and they would last about a week. I go through about 120ml of juice a week. The last few boxes of coils I’ve had I can barely get 2 days out of them before I start getting burnt tasting hits. I have not changed anything and run around 38-40 watts. Has anyone else had problems with the new X1 and X2 coils or anyone have a thought as to what the problems could be? TIA

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
My experience with mesh coils is I get at least 2 weeks use of one or even 3, depending on how gunky the particular juice I'm using. Bet then, I dont go through 120ml in a week either. That right there itself may be the issue with your coils not lasting. If you are vaping to quit smoking, and are a new vaper, I can understand vaping every time the urge to smoke hits ya. That's how to kick cigs to the curb. I'm not familiar with the tanks you're using though. My mesh set up is the fireluke 2, I use the double coils and vape around 60 to 65ish watts. I also use a vaporesso NRG tank with mesh coils. Very similar performance and mileage out of the coils. One thing you can try is to step up your wattage, 40 watts is a bit on the low side of what these kind of coils can handle. Another thing to consider is the gunkability of the juice you are using. Some are worse than others as far as that goes. And a third thing to consider is you may just have a bad batch of coils. But using 120ml in a week, I did that when I first started vaping to quit a 42 yr, 2 pack per day smoking habit. If that's your case, you will eventually reduce your juice consumption. I've been vaping now a little more than 3 yrs and 120ml will last me 2 or 3 weeks or longer. How long did you smoke and how much per day? And have you ever considered rebuildables? Two of my tanks I have are rda's and with that, the coils will last a very long time as long as you change the wicking when it goes bad and clean your coils when you re wick. A bit of a learning curve but worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread