• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Problems with Products and their suppliers NOTE: strictly moderated read ALL rules before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

just-cass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2009
ireland
pinkvaper.com
This thread is for members who have had ongoing issues with a supplier who are unhappy with their products and would like to explain why. This thread is NOT for discussions or hearsay and ONLY for factual clearly presented information.

The following rules apply to this thread, if you do not adhere strictly to the rules your thread will be deleted*,**:

1. You MUST NOT enter into any libelous conversation about the supplier. Please give valid,concise,factual references to any points you make.

2. This is not a discussion thread. You may only post once every 7 days to prevent spam and trolls.(you may of course edit/retract your existing post)

3. You may only post once about a particular issue.

4. You must not reply to other members threads. This is designed to be a thread where members can speak openly and freely about their VALID problems with a supplier. Discussions are held in the general and review forums.**

5. In creating your own post please do not reference otherposts already on this thread.

6. Please do not post hearsay or anything others have told you. Just your own experience.

7. Please do not post because you "dont like" the product/supplier. This thread is for faulty/defective products only and the suppliers who sell them. If you are unsure please read this:

mods will not just "delete" a negative review. The negative review or experience must be based upon factual statements. The threads that are "so and so is a rip-off artist and a liar" are not tolerated. We will not allow potentially libelous statements to be posted with no supporting evidence. Here are some examples of perfectly acceptable criticisms:

"I had a bad experience with this supplier because I ordered on the 1st and they didn't ship until the 18th and provided no explanation"

"I sent 4 emails over 6 days(NOT 15 minutes) and the supplier did not respond"

"I got the unit and the switch only works half of the time. I've contacted the supplier to get a refund and they have refused"

Think about what you post. Yelling or screaming does not add credibility to your complaint. If anything, it detracts from what you are trying to say.

PLEASE NOTE: This thread is a tool and can be used in a positive or a negative way. Think about the supplier you are about to write about. If you feel there is another way to correspond with them and resolve an issue this is your first port of call,then perhaps if you feel it would be beneficial raise the topic in the suppliers subforum - ask youself have you given the supplier every effort to respond and deal with your issue?

*You will be pm'd first to notify you that your post will be deleted and you must respond within 24hrs if you think your thread is still valid.

**ALL posts that are a "response" to anothers thread will be removed without notification.

FINAL NOTE: The opinions and material expressed in this thread is the opinion of the poster and not necessarily the view of others. Please use it as a reference guide only to form an opinion. There are many other posts which have detailed responses on this forum. Please visit

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/requests-opinions-reviews/
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reviews-suppliers/ and
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-some-extra-rules-apply-here.html#post1005708
To find threads responded to and also visit suppliers sub forums. These threads are just ONE SIDE of the coin

(suggestion: If you have posted already in the subforum and wish to post a link please do so)

Last edited:

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Hi Cass,

I would like to start this very important thread off by telling MY experience with PS. It's not a pretty story and it's one I have kept to myself until recently.
I bought a Prodigy V1 kit last summer for $140. I was new to vaping and I wanted a higher voltage mod because 3.7 was just not cutting it for me and I really wanted to quit smoking. It worked well when I received it and I loved it, for about 6 weeks. The button on it got harder and harder to press, hurting my finger even. I read their forum and followed all the suggestions for cleaning etc. I finally had to just send them the entire unit because it stopped working altogether. When I got it back I vaped it for about an hour before the switch stopped working again. I tried everything I had learned to get it working to no avail. Shoot off another ticket to PS and told to mail it back again. I got it back again and it "seemed" to be fixed. I was happily vaping for about 24 hours when it suddenly stopped again. Then it got really hot. I opened it up and the batteries were VERY hot, one was even partially melted. I had to throw them away. I contacted PS again and told them I was not mailing it back a 3rd time and I was just going to call it a total loss. About 3 days later I got another switch in the mail from PS. This one works but I have essentially stopped using it because I am afraid after the last incident. In amongst all these goings on I had also purchased a 510 adapter for my Prodigy and when it came, it didn't work. Another ticket to PS, another adapter, doesn't work.
Before my Prodigy switch problems I had told my sister to try the new Protege since she wanted a mod and I had also bought a Protege, she tried it and liked it. She bought one and waited almost a month to get it. She had only used it a few times when it suddenly burned her hand and desk. The switch had stuck on it and she didn't know it until she picked it up. She wanted to throw it away because it scared her but I told her to let me send it to PS for a new switch and sell it for her. When I got it back from PS I put it up for sale on the classifieds and sold it. The buyer contacted me and told me the switch was not working. I realized I had sold it without even trying out the new switch. I don't even know if it had a new switch or if the old one was "fixed". At any rate, the person who bought it from me contacted PS and was mailed another switch which they are still having problems with.
I had sold my own Protege to a friend a month after I got it because I prefer 6 volt vaping now. He has told me that the switch stopped working about 2 weeks after he got it from me.

Sorry this is so long, but it's not a story I can tell in 2 sentences. Now, I know there are quite a few people that are happy with their PS devices and I say that's wonderful. As for me, I will not buy from them again. I don't need the frustration. Customer service is one thing but sending out faulty products over and over and over again to your customers is bad business to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread