Prodigy Connection Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my Prodigy a few weeks ago, and it's great. I have one problem that I haven't been able to fix on my own, though.
I have to hit the adapter part on my hand every few drags - just like you have to do with some flashlights. I will be vaping away, then try for another puff, and nothing - I will hit it on my hand, and it will work again. This is SO annoying! I have tried several things to fix it to no avail.
I wrapped the batteries in a section of the roll from an empty roll of paper towels - now the batteries are centered in the tube and don't rattle around.
I have 3 adapters - 901 (my main adapter), 510, and 801. I don't really like the 510 adapter because too much fluid leaks, so I haven't tried it for any length of time to see if the same problem happens. It happens all the time with my 901 adapter, and I received a 801 adapter today and have been using that today, and it is happening with that as well.
I have buffed all the brass to make sure everything is making contact.
On the 901, I screwed an atty in too tight one time and it was worse until I reset the center pin. Now the center pen (on both adapters I use) is flush on the top and bottom, and they are making connection on my atomizers.
I'm thinking the problem may just be that the brass on the switch needs to stick out a tad more on the adapter side. I cut out a little piece of cardboard (the same paper towel roll) and cut it out so that it would kind of "hold" the center pin of the switch up, and this didn't seem to help, but I didn't try it as good as I could.
I would just like you guys opinion on this, if you have the same problem, and if/how you solved it. Thanks!

Wow!

I posted this here, as I didn't think Steve or Casey would be able to answer me quick, what with all the chaos over there with the Protege's. Casey wrote back to me in about 5 minutes and fixed it! Great service, PS!

The problem was the adapter wasn't making good contact with the switch. I have the newer switches with the rubber housing. I pushed the switch foward with the adapter removed, then put the end-cap on, then screwed the adapter on slowly, pushing the switch back in as it did so. This fixed it, and I am fine now (at least for 10 min or so - that's a REALLY good sign). :D

Again, PS service RULES!

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Wow!

I posted this here, as I didn't think Steve or Casey would be able to answer me quick, what with all the chaos over there with the Protege's. Casey wrote back to me in about 5 minutes and fixed it! Great service, PS!

The problem was the adapter wasn't making good contact with the switch. I have the newer switches with the rubber housing. I pushed the switch foward with the adapter removed, then put the end-cap on, then screwed the adapter on slowly, pushing the switch back in as it did so. This fixed it, and I am fine now (at least for 10 min or so - that's a REALLY good sign). :D

Again, PS service RULES!

As your Prodigy ages the problem will creep up again. Clean the threads on the end caps and put a little vegtable oil on the threads. You will get a better, more consistent connection through the body of the Prodigy.

Brian

illspeed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2009
Denver, CO
I was having a similar problem and actually found that it was being caused by the plastic on the batteries. If you look at the negative end (flat end) of the battery and compare it to others, The plastic on some wrap way too far over the edge. What was happening was as they shifted around in the tube the spring on the end cap would loose connection with the negative of the battery or not provide a good contact. I just took an exacto knife to all the bottoms of all my batteries and cut the plastic back, not all the way to the edge but just removed enough to where the spring always was in contact and this has fixed many of my problems.

I was having a similar problem and actually found that it was being caused by the plastic on the batteries. If you look at the negative end (flat end) of the battery and compare it to others, The plastic on some wrap way too far over the edge. What was happening was as they shifted around in the tube the spring on the end cap would loose connection with the negative of the battery or not provide a good contact. I just took an exacto knife to all the bottoms of all my batteries and cut the plastic back, not all the way to the edge but just removed enough to where the spring always was in contact and this has fixed many of my problems.

Great idea! I looked at my batteries and they were the same - there was just a little area where the shielding was. I exacto'ed all around all 4 and now they make great contact every time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread