Prodigy or Protege?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market for a high end durable PV and I'd really like one that is capable of doing 5v.

I really like the stainless steel look of the Protege, but is it capable of doing more than 3.7v?

Is it one of those mods where you can do a different battery setup and achieve 5 or 6v?

I'm using the Janty Stick right now with 510 and 801 attys. How much of a difference is it over the Janty Stick in terms of vapor production and throat hit?

Thank you!

WindyCityMike

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
OK
Protege is only 3.7V.

Steve said they are working on a stainless prodigy, not sure when it will be available though. Prodigy with a resistor-less switch and the batteries that come with the kit, rcr123a, will do 6v, with the resistor switch it does 5V.

I've never used a Janty Stick, so I'm not really qualified to answer those questions.
I'm in the market for a high end durable PV and I'd really like one that is capable of doing 5v.

I really like the stainless steel look of the Protege, but is it capable of doing more than 3.7v?

Is it one of those mods where you can do a different battery setup and achieve 5 or 6v?

I'm using the Janty Stick right now with 510 and 801 attys. How much of a difference is it over the Janty Stick in terms of vapor production and throat hit?

Thank you!

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI

I have the JS as well as both a 510 and 801 Prodigy, know anyone who wants a used stick? Frankly there is no comparison between them. The 801 on the stick gave me a lot of vapor, but no throat hit, where the same atomizer on the prodigy gives me thick warm vapor, with a great throat hit.

Can't comment on the 510 on the JS, but have used it on the new mega batteries (about the same mAh) and really like it. The 510 is actually great at both 3.7 and 5 volts. 5v give an even better throat hit, and great vapor production.

One major difference you'll notice is that you don't need to take as log a drag on a higher voltage device, on a 3.7v 510 I take maybe 5-8 second draw, on the Prodigy 510 it's more like 3-4.

Just remember that high volt vaping needs a really well filled atomizer, I drip 6-7 drops on the 801, and 4-5 drops on the 510 on the Prodigy.

Gibby

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Fairfax, VA

Thank you!
Order a Prodigy, and send it to TDM, and he will use his grinder to take all the black paint off of it for you.

Done!

Gibby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread