The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Product overload

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by GamblerMagic, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. GamblerMagic

GamblerMagic Senior Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Just a general discussion. Obviously all the Chinese makers output a lot of different products but lately Vandy Vape has been putting out way too many products, in my opinion.

We used to have one Pulse, now there are 4..5?most released within the past few months... WHY!?

Then VandyVape let's you buy up "upgrade" parts to change panels, bottles, or whatever. The micro transactions of the vape industry.

SMOK is on a rampage too putting out way too many tanks and different coils for most of them. Making the general consumer that much more confused.

Maybe there is a fear among manufacturers to rush out products in case a ban happens. But in all I feel like they should improve their products, not make the same mistakes across their entire product lines.

Thoughts? Opinions? Just bored and it seemed like a good discussion starter...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    IMO,the market is exploding and they are looking to capitalize.

They do disappoint me when they, discontinue a good working product.

• Agree Agree x 8
  3. tailland

tailland Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2018
    Germany
    If they do it, it must pay off, meaning that they sell all that stuff to.. someone other than me, or people like me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  4. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Juul's got them quaking in their shoes, lol. They don't have any really bright ideas of their own most times. Steal our ideas and focus on looks more than performance. It's been a wild ride since I joined and frankly I'm scared to buy most of the products that are on the market.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. GamblerMagic

GamblerMagic Senior Member

Nov 29, 2018
    Yeah that's what kills me. Even when they re release a product with the same name but it's not nearly as good as the first.

• Like Like x 2
  6. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I stick to a few brands that have a decent reputation and even then I want real use experience from people on this forum and other places to tell me it’s a good buy. Avoid Smok as a general rule and the other companies that work on the premise that quantity trumps quality. There is good gear to buy that doesn’t cost a fortune and lasts years not months or weeks. Just have to keep your ears open and do a little research to find the elusive mod under $50 that performs great in all modes, is durable, and last and least looks good doing it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Ben Killeen

Ben Killeen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2018
    Finland (British)
    I’ve had to return a couple of products to my local vape shop since November when I started vaping.

Every time I’m told the same thing, oh we have never had that happen before

8. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Strike while the iron is hot.
    Like Jim Carey movies or 50 cent videos.

Cheers
    I

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. madstabber

madstabber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I believe it, some of these crap companies have QC problems so bad, their mods are always finding new ways to brick. Smoant, Vaporesso, and Geekvape mods have a pretty good reputation, but none are immune to the brick. Those three are better then most though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Ben Killeen

Ben Killeen Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 28, 2018
    Finland (British)
    I’ve settled with 2 different eleaf mods, not amazing quality but they are at least still working.
    Ijoy squonk was terrible.
    And have had an OBS engine 2 fall apart after a week too

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Tesla is another good brand. I bought a Steampunk Nano 120 used for 25 dollars shipped last year and its still going strong. Love the way it vapes too although its not a bell's and whistles kind of mod.

There are plenty of good mods that arent high end. And of course your tried and trues like Provari are all still going strong, even if Provape isn't, Reo is still as awesome as ever as well.

I don't think the panel add ons for squonkers is a bad thing. If you aren't into matchy matchy and changing up the same mod then don't buy the panels. For some it saves money from having to have several different mods. Just throw on some different panels and a new RDA and you've got a whole new mod..

I like the idea myself. I have an original pulse, but none of these new regulated ones. I think if I was gonna get a regulated squonker I'd go with vicious ant, who as a beside is a company that cranks out new products with reasonable regularity and doesn't suffer QC issues. It can be done well..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    Jewelry sells. Always has, always will.
    Is it coincidence that kids use Juul's and not Blu's?

When Mrs. States and I first began vaping we'd go into a store and she was always attracted to the shiniest, most gizmo loaded device at first. While trying out stuff we'd see folks come in "got one of those (insert brand here) bluetooth mods?" Or "how about that one with the big clock?"

My wife likes the clock on her Armour Pro. And the fire button on one entire side.

When was the last time you saw a custom mech mod carved to look like a minimaglite? Nope, cross hatching, bat wings, skulls and intricate patterns dominate. Because jewelry sells.

One company that rhymes with tutu makes one shaped like a football. Strings and all. Gimmicks galore.

It's a natural progession of an exploding market where first glance and creature features create sales. Buyers remorse later? Well yeah, which means more sales tomorrow.

When I first began vaping folks told me "man you gotta have a mod, but don't expect to get more than 90 days before they brick." Seriously, a bunch of people told me that. Some now say "man my (insert brand/model here) has lasted 6 months, can you believe that?"....

Sad, but true. Most vapers I work with figure a new device is required 3-4 times a year.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SW VA
    Yes it does. But most of the brands mentioned here are costume jewelry at best. ;)

• Agree x 5
    • Funny x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Love x 1
    • Creative x 1
  14. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    What is the one of the Biggest News Years Resolutions that a Smoker makes? Sometimes Year after Year after Year.

And what are things that a Vaper might want as a gift or to buy themselves for Christmas?

If I was an OEM, I would want to do my biggest Product Roll Outs in December and January.

That, and the e-Cigarette Market is Very Volatile in the USA. And the USA is a Large Market. So getting while the getting is Good is surely a Factor.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    The industry has about 19 days to get customers hooked.

Statisics say that by January 19th most have stopped trying that "new year resolution" and gone back to whatever it was they resolved to change.

I suppose that applies to those trying to stop smoking.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I dunno? I'm still working on Last Years Resolution.

I vowed that I would Lose 10 Pounds. And I only have 15 lbs to go.

LOL

• Funny Funny x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I know what you mean sir... I lost 12, but 14 found me.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  18. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I think I read somewhere that resolutions are anti-motivating. You are focusing on the VERY thing you want to get rid of, so like, you counteract yourself. The successful quitters are the ones who just say "done" and like, do it.

I have been very, very ill ever since my actual verbal AND written proclamation of "I am going to try not to die this year."

I've never formulated it quite this way, and now I'm like, on a ton of meds and so ill the very idea of bringing my suitcase to my car is bringing a tear to my eye.

I might need to switch it to, "I'm trying to be sickly and die this year." What the heck, I'm doing it. I mean.....

I can test my theory out. I'm gonna be reckless and drag that sucker downstairs shortly. Since I am TRYING TO DIE even, I should probably repack it into two smaller suitcase, not the big heavy one.

Oooh it's working.

I was pretty sure I was gonna fail at vaping. That's how I approached it. No one was more surprised than ME when I had my first smoke free day. Well, maybe some of my family but I did not ask. None of them have any idea how freaking hard it was. I do.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. United States

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    I usually just stop whatever it is on a whim. Often times something triggers said whim though.

"One of these days I'm going to lose weight". Doc says "you're an official type 2 diabetic". Welp, it's time to lose weight.

Resolve to fix the shed roof before it leaks... Starts leaking.... Time to fix the leaky roof...

One day I considered halting the purchase of vaping gear. An email from AmEx said my credit was max'd. Welp, time to put that plan into motion.

Another day I bought a Zero pod in a store (using cash, lol) and have not looked back. The only other vape purchases were stocking up on clearance juice and buy back up Zeros. I did try an EQ but Mrs. States ended up acquiring that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. toughdiamond

toughdiamond Full Member

May 12, 2009
    I agree with the view that it's the exploding market syndrome that's responsible for too much choice and not enough reliable, boring products. It's much the same with most commodities and it's getting worse. I had to try 3 vaping shops just to get bottle of unflavoured nicotine. First place, there's a bloke behind the counter with a gigantic tank blowing clouds all over the place like he was some kind of poster boy. He barely knew what I was talking about. Second shop was much the same. Third shop was more of a general store that happened to sell mix-it-yourself vaping loquid where you'd get a bottle of unflavoured nicotine and a bottle of the flavour of your choice. Jackpot! But it was only possible to get what I wanted by "abusing" the product. And by the time I want to buy another one, they'll probably have discontinued it and moved on to something else.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.