Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why?

The Striker has been around for quite a while, and I had no intention of buying this, but my attention was drawn to the fact that Self-e-Steam.com in the Netherlands were offing various Atmomixani products at silly prices and that the Striker 510 rda was 35 Euros!

What I got

A nice little bag and a plastic snappy with some kanthal and some silicon wick (that has gone in the drawer)

9ay1aa.jpg

Here are a couple of views of the Striker showing its serialisation and logo. I should stress that the Striker is uniform in finish and the strange "wavy bits" are a trick of the light :)

rh798p.jpg

1zq7jop.jpg

Next a view of the top and bottom of the atomiser:

28ltb28.jpg

hwml8g.jpg

Removing the cap reveals the deck. The two o-rings make it a "big pull" at first, but this will improve with time and liquid. The two side posts are not an integral part of the deck and can be removed if the screws are fully unscrewed. Personally I find the washers on the posts a bit fiddly.

21b199h.jpg

As can be seen in the shots below, the top cap provides a variety of holes for different airflow settings and single and dual coil builds. Note the "dimples" above each hole which show the position of the holes with the airflow control ring in place.

2wbxcf6.jpg

153sjec.jpg

The airflow control ring has two small holes and one large hole positioned to provide a decent range of settings when matched with the holes in the cap.

34gnb12.jpg

sdzi1k.jpg

Building the Striker

The deck is nicely open gives good access, but as I have said, the posts and washers are just a bit fiddly - but manageable. I was going for a "mouth to lung" everyday vape build so I built the coil below using 0.35mm machine twisted Kanthal at 0.7omhs:

kccpkm.jpg

6567hi.jpg

I wicked it with Japanese cotton:

24ziyo0.jpg

In Use

I fitted the Striker to my Petit Gros:

fu6kgo.jpg

I set the airflow to the smallest hole... With this set-up, the Striker gives a very similar vape to my RSM Dripper and my Luxe Dripper, so a very decent vape. For me, all is well :). I can't comment on other builds yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread