The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prof Reviews the Hellfire V1 style dripper from Attysmith

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by prof beard, Mar 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. prof beard

prof beard Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Stafford UK
    Why?

I had no intention of buying this, but when I visited the Attysmith site (to look at something Raptor related) and noticed there was something else actually available, my interest was piqued... I was amused by the name V1 "style" dripper - if it wasn't on the Attysmith site, such a name would make me assume "clone"! But here was a simple dripper in 20mm which would fit well on a number of my Super T mechanical mods, not too expensive either - so I ordered.

The Atomiser

Here is the atomiser - to me it looks slightly shorter than the orignal v1 HF dripper (and hence has a reduced chamber) but I may well be wrong - I'm sure someone will tell me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cap is flat with a "ridged" top internal surface:

[​IMG]

The deck is simple - the negative post is integral to the deck, and the postive post is a similarly simple "knurled knob" set-up:

[​IMG]

Building the HF v1 style dripper

As my intention was put this atomiser on my Precise Simplicity 18350, I went for a modest build at 0.68 ohms made from three stand machine twisted Kanthal at 0.25mm overall:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then wicked it fully but not tightly with Japanese cotton:

[​IMG]

Conclusion

Here iy is on my 18350 Simplicity (I think they suit each other):

[​IMG]

This atomiser gives a great vape for those who do "mouth to lung" - good dense vapour and exceptional flavour (in the Luxe and RSM dripper class). If you are looking for a really well made 20mm dripper and vape "that way" - get one of these...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.