Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why?

I had no intention of buying this, but when I visited the Attysmith site (to look at something Raptor related) and noticed there was something else actually available, my interest was piqued... I was amused by the name V1 "style" dripper - if it wasn't on the Attysmith site, such a name would make me assume "clone"! But here was a simple dripper in 20mm which would fit well on a number of my Super T mechanical mods, not too expensive either - so I ordered.

The Atomiser

Here is the atomiser - to me it looks slightly shorter than the orignal v1 HF dripper (and hence has a reduced chamber) but I may well be wrong - I'm sure someone will tell me?

24b7sw4.jpg

34xj992.jpg

2va03u8.jpg

The cap is flat with a "ridged" top internal surface:

qz4p7c.jpg

The deck is simple - the negative post is integral to the deck, and the postive post is a similarly simple "knurled knob" set-up:

34hxds8.jpg

Building the HF v1 style dripper

As my intention was put this atomiser on my Precise Simplicity 18350, I went for a modest build at 0.68 ohms made from three stand machine twisted Kanthal at 0.25mm overall:

2a5it76.jpg

2rr29w1.jpg

I then wicked it fully but not tightly with Japanese cotton:

2hyvv2g.jpg

Conclusion

Here iy is on my 18350 Simplicity (I think they suit each other):

20ab3g4.jpg

This atomiser gives a great vape for those who do "mouth to lung" - good dense vapour and exceptional flavour (in the Luxe and RSM dripper class). If you are looking for a really well made 20mm dripper and vape "that way" - get one of these...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread