Status
Not open for further replies.

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
Why?

I purchased this atomiser from P-Vaper back in late October when I had an attack of "new attyitis". There was no special reason other than others had suggested it as one to look at. I was busy "Professoring" at the time and didn't get around to reviewing it. So, as it needed re wicking and the weather was crap, I thought I'd do a review now - you will have to accept the used coils on the atomiser as I didn't feel like removing coils that were performing well :)

This is what turned up:

2usg4yx.jpg

The tub contains the Hobo:

dvpkr7.jpg

A couple of spare (and really weeny) hex grub screws

34520d4.jpg

And yet another hex key in yet another size:

2vchtp2.jpg

About the Hobo

The Hobo is USA made, serialised, and has a copper contact screw (which I failed to clean for the photo :) )

rwnep4.jpg

The Hobo pulls apart to give the deck/juice well and cap/air-control sections:

n3p1dx.jpg

The top cap has a removable top section which is used to adjust the "upper air control":

28a3hw7.jpg

The two holes in the slanting part of the top cap can be closed and opened using this upper section to provide additional "above coil air":

x6lkht.jpg

ejbz9k.jpg

The three holes in the side of the main top cap provide adjustment for "normal" airflow to single or dual coil builds using the slots (centre hole for single, side pair for dual) in the side of the base:

2ibgj6b.jpg

An excellent feature of the Hobo is that the base cylinder unscrews from the deck for ease of building and wicking:

2l8vhnt.jpg

The deck has two holes in the centre post and decently deep juice wells:

iy1zd0.jpg

The coils shown are machine twisted kanthal with a total resistance of 0.5ohms:

121y0qd.jpg

Here is the deck wicked with Japanese cotton and with the base cylinder replaced:

xel72w.jpg

The Hobo in use

The Hobo is capable of provided a very large airflow and excellent vapour. It is also capable of giving a fairly tight draw for regular mouth to lung vaping.

Here it is attached to my Super T Simplicity 18350 (yes - I'm using a battery rated at 10A)

295fuv7.jpg

I've found the Hobo to provide decent flavour and vapour across its full range of adjustment - it is a good atomiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread