The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Prof Reviews the NeoVapeTek Venturi RDA Atomiser (V2)

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette APV Reviews' started by prof beard, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. prof beard

prof beard Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Stafford UK
    Why?

To be honest, I bought this a bit on the spur of the moment. I was looking at the Cloud 9 website, saw it, thought "interesting", and ordered it. It arrived in the usual super-fast C9 manner, nicely wrapped in blue tissue with a chocolate toffee.

What did I get?

The Venturi came in a box:

[​IMG]

With a certificate of authenticity:

[​IMG]

The box contains alternative three top-caps, the deck, the centre-post (gold-plated), the chimney and a choice of screws:

[​IMG]

The Venturi, as I said, comes with a choice of three top-caps:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note there are no holes ion the side of the caps - air enters the atomiser from slots in the top of the cap. You can see these in this shot of the cap I decided to use for this build:

[​IMG]

As delivered, the deck comes without the centre-post and the screws fitted:

[​IMG]

The side-posts are machined from the deck, and the central insulator is fitted:

[​IMG]

The centre-post has holes machined in both directions. (These holes, and the those in the side posts are just a tad on the small side - more later):

[​IMG]

Here is a view of the base of the atomiser with the centre-post fitted:

[​IMG]

Screws are provided in two head sizes:

[​IMG]

I decided to go with the bigger heads - here they are fitted:

[​IMG]

The Venturi uses a "chimney" which makes up the (very reduced) chamber and provides the airflow control:

[​IMG]

The slots in the chimney base can be rotated against those in the deck to adjust airflow. Here they are showing "tight airflow":

[​IMG]

The chosen top cap then screws on over the chimney onto the base:

[​IMG]

In the position shown, the chimney can still rotate relative to the deck (altering the airflow) so in practice you need in drip tip inserted into the top of the chimney to hold it in place whilst screwing the cap on. Once fully screwed on the cap holds the chimney in the desired position.

So to summarise, air enters through the slots in the top-cap, travels down the sides of chimney, through the slots in the chimney/deck and back up the chimney to the drip tip.

Building and Using the Venturi

I build the Venturi using two coils of machine twisted 0.35mm Kanthal. These came out at 0.4ohms combined. I had no problems with the side posts, but getting two twisted wires through the holes in the centre post was a fair bit of a faff (doable though)

[​IMG]

I wicked it with Japanese cotton (NOTE this picture is misleading, you need to ensure the slots in the deck are NOT blocked by cotton):

[​IMG]

Having put the chimney on the deck and set it to "small" airflow, I put the cap over the chimney and screw it halfway down:

[​IMG]

This allows you to take "checking sucks" to ensure the airflow hasn't shifted (you can rotate the chimney with the drip tip to correct things if it has).

Here it is fully tightened up:

[​IMG]

Conclusion

I put the Venturi onto my Super T Workhorse 18500:

[​IMG]

I am very impressed with this atomiser. It gives stonking flavour and great hit. I haven't tried it "opened up" yet, but vapour in the setting I have used is well adequate! I dont think this is a "cloud atomiser" but it seems superb for "regular vaping". Having used it now for a few days I can state that i have had NO leaks whatsoever - if you over-drip, the worst that happens is gurgling...

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.