Profile RDA by Wotofo & MrJustRight1 Review - Clouds & Flavor For Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOneVape_Review

Jan 21, 2019
Malaysia

Profile rda by Wotofo & MrJustRight1

The Chinese Spring Festival is coming to an end in a few days times and I want to wish Wotofo, all the Chinese vape companies and everyone a happy Chinese New Year! Just came back from my New Year break and I back and ready for another review. I know the Profile rda has been out for quite some time now and the vape market over here is quite slow, that's why I bought it quite late. For those of you that can't decide which rda to buy or whether you should buy the Profile RDA, do take your time to read this review. Now let's head back into the review.

INTRODUCTION
The Profile RDA, a collaboration between Wotofo and MrJustRight1, is a RDA / RSA that can be used in mesh mode or in coil mode. There are quite some mesh RDA out there such as the Mesh RDA by VandyVape and the CETO RDA by Cthulhu Mod. But from what I know, the Profile RDA has gained the most popularity in the vape market. The Profile is a 24mm RDA that includes the 20mm build deck and the thick barrel that makes it into 24mm. There's a special feature that makes the Profile RDA stand out is the spring loaded ceramic block that pushes the cotton to the mesh to ensure they are in contact to prevent dry hits. The Profile RDA comes with the Wotofo mesh strips, but if you don't like it, the OFRF and the VandyVape mesh strips are compatible as well.

How well does the Profile RDA performs? Let me write out my thoughts and show you some of the pictures I took below.

SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES
Diameter ( Build Deck ) : 20 mm
Thickness ( Barrel ) : 2 mm / Side
Height : 32.5 mm
Flavor Can Be Broken Down Layer Upon Layer
Breakthrough Mesh Style Heating Element
Spring Loaded Ceramic Block
Mesh & Coil Compatible
24 mm Barrel With Accurate Airflow Holes

COLOR OPTIONS
Ultem
Frosted Clear / Black
Matte Black / Gunmetal / Steel
Aluminium Green / Red / Blue / Purple
Rainbow
Black
Stainless Steel
Gold
Gunmetal
Blue

WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE
1 x Profile RDA
1 x Frosted 810 Drip Tip
2 x Mesh Strips
1 x Framed Staple Clapton
1 x 6 mm Agleted Cotton
4 x O-Rings
1 x 510 Pin
1 x Spring
2 x Philips / Flat Head Screws
1 x Bending Tool / Coiling Rod
1 x Hex Head Screwdriver
1 x Philips Screwdriver
1 x User Manual

Profile RDA Packaging

What You Get In The Box

LOOKS OF THE PROFILE

Drip Tip
The Profile comes with a resin 810 drip tip and the color of it varies depending on the color of the RDA.

Top Cap
The top cap has a leveled design at the sides to block off the airflow holes. Under the top cap, it has a domed shape to it.

Barrel
The barrel has a thickness of 2mm on each side and is similar to the Recurve RDA which also has thick barrels. On the barrel, it has 19 honeycomb airflow on each sides and they are all located at the top half.

Build Deck
The overall build deck is quite short and it has 2 o-rings surrounding it. The spring loaded ceramic block is placed in the middle and on both sides are 2 clamps to capture the mesh / coil which is held on together by screws. There's a hole in the middle of the ceramic block for juice to pass through the when squonked. The peek insulator can be seen on the positive side of the clamps.

Overall Looks Of The Profile RDA

Profile RDA When Dismantled

BUILD QUALITY

Exterior & Interior
The build quality of the Profile RDA is good except for the resin drip tip. I have dropped mine on accident a few days from chest level and it broke. I was expecting the barrel or the build deck to deform, but it did not. Not a single scratch or dent on the exterior can be seen. So I can come to the conclusion that the build quality of the Profile RDA is good and strong but definitely not the drip tip. The build deck, barrel and top cap were all well made, everything inside is clean and smooth except under the top cap as discoloration can be seen

Discoloration Under Top Cap

Paint Quality
The paint quality holds on pretty well as I have had it washed in my ultrasonic cleaner a few times and no signs of color drop or chip.

O-Rings
O-rings restriction surrounding the build deck is tight. It is quite difficult to get the barrel pushed into the build deck but as long as there is some ejuice on it, the tension is gone. As for the drip tip, the restriction is quite loose. Every time when I adjust the airflow, the drip tip will always come out. Lastly, the tension for the top cap is just nice, the top cap is not hard to adjust and to put in / take out.

MORE ABOUT THE BUILD DECK
The build deck has a spring loaded ceramic clamp and what that does is when cotton is inserted, it will push up the cotton always ensuring that it is in contact with the mesh in order to prevent dry hits. The hole in the middle of the ceramic clamp is for the ejuice to enter when squonked. The juice will directly gets absorbed by the cotton. The clamps at the sides are held together by two screws and they are not spring loaded so you will have to manually adjust it to your liking before installing the mesh strips. The juice well is pretty shallow but once the barrel is put over, it becomes a deep juice well.

Build Deck

HOW TO SET UP & INSTALL MESH STRIPS
  1. The coil bending tool / coiling tool is provided in the box. For mesh, use the larger side of the tool and for coil, use the smaller side of the tool.

2. Place the mesh on the larger side and gently bend it to shape. Don't rush the process as you don't want your mesh to have any folds or crisps.

3. While the mesh is still on the tool, place the tool down on the ceramic block and align the ends on the mesh to the clamps.

4. Align the mesh as straight as possible and once done, screw both sides of the screws and remove the tool.

5. Remove any possible debris or dirty things on the coil by dry burning it. You don't need a lot of wattage for mesh strips as the heat up instantly, unlike coils. I heat up the mesh strips using 15 watts only.

Honeycomb Pattern on Mesh Strips

HOW TO INSERT COTTON
  1. Use the provided 6mm agleted cotton strip or your own cotton.

2. Ensure that the mesh is cooled as you don't want the plastic on the cotton to melt.

3. Insert the provided cotton gently through the mesh. For me, I use half a full strip of cotton bacon prime. I will then tear apart the cotton bit by bit to make sure that it fits through.

4. Press the ceramic block down and slowly pull your cotton through to the other side.

5. Place each end of the cotton at the second o-ring and cut it off.

6. As the cotton is still too thick at the ends, trim it more and fluff it afterwards to thin it out.

7. Gently tuck in each end of the cotton and make sure the cotton is not tightly packed.

This is my way of wicking the Profile RDA. But if you want to try other methods, you can try the pancake method. I will post the link here: Per request, here is a collection of pictures describing how I build/wick my Profile RDA. : Vaping

PERFORMANCE

Wicking
The Profile RDA wicks great and will always ensure that the cotton is wet when squonked. I haven't had any dry hits and I can easily take 20 puffs after each squonk. I do get some minor spit back sometimes which I don't really care.

Mesh
The ramp up time for mesh strip is literally instantaneous. The vape is pretty cool but if set at higher wattage it will start to become warm. I use it at around 55 watts and I get a warm vape to my liking. The lifespan of the provided mesh is always great. I have been using it for almost a month now and my mesh is still looking brand new after washing it.

Squonking
During squonking, juice will rise up to the top, making sure the mesh is always saturated with ejuice and it will always come up from the sides to fully saturate the cotton. So far it is quite hard to leak from the airflow unless you tilt the RDA one side when squonked or if keep squonking non stop. I did not encounter any leaking issues so far.

Airflow
The airflow is so darn smooth all across the board. It has 19 honeycomb airflow holes on each side of the barrel. It is quite airy for me when fully opened and when the top row is fully closed. The steeped level on the airflow will close the top row then close both the second and third row together. When continue to turn, it will open up 3 airflow holes vertically until it is fully opened. Airflow isn't loud in any configuration.

Flavor & Vapor Production
Damn! This RDA produces one of the best flavor and vapor in my opinion. The barrel is so thick and because of the domed shape under the top cap, it helps to improve the flavor. The flavor is so good that I am not using any of my RDA these few weeks. Vapor production is really really huge and dense. For flavor and clouds chaser, this is the one for you.

FINAL THOUGHTS
The Profile RDA by Wotofo and MrJustRight1 is a success which is why it has gained so much popularity in the past few months. The special feature that the Profile has and is different from other mesh RDAs is its spring loaded ceramic block that will always ensure that the cotton is touching the mesh to prevent dry hits. The mesh, coil, cottons and spares are all provided and you can set it up right away. Build quality is pretty great as it don't get scratched or dent easily when dropped. I think the drip tips needs to be made stronger to prevent it from breaking under impact. But luckily it came with a spare drip tip. Setting up the Profile RDA is super easy but I wouldn't recommend it to beginners as you need to get the amount of cotton right unless you buy the 6mm agleted cotton specially made for this RDA. It is also compatible with other brand mesh strips such as the OFRF or VandyVape. In terms of flavor and vapor production, it really shines well as it gives you the best of both worlds.

If I were to get another Profile RDA, would I? Yes. I am a flavor chaser and not so for cloud chaser but I don't mind because the vapor production doesn't really matter to me. I find building on this is more simple than some of the RDA that I owned. So if you don't know me well, what I look out for in an RDA is aesthetics, flavor and ease of usage.

WHAT IS GOOD
  • Excellent Flavor

• Huge Vapor Production

• Smooth Airflow

• Easy To Install

• Provides You With All The Necessary Things To Start Up

• Different Mesh Brand Compatible

• Coil Compatible

• Mesh Life Is Good

• Hard To Leak

WHAT CAN BE IMPROVED
  • Quality Of Drip Tip

• Minor Spit Backs ( Subjective )

• Fingerprint Magnet For Some Colors ( Subjective )

Thank you for taking the time to read my review on the Profile RDA by Wotofo and MrJustRight1. This is TheOneVape_Review, signing off.

REVIEWER DISCLAIMER: I only type reviews during my free time so some products may take quite some time to be posted up. All products are used for 2 weeks or more.

PRODUCT DISCLAIMER: The Profile RDA is not sponsored by any companies or shops. All products I reviewed are bought with my own money.

PICTURE DISCLAIMER: All pictures posted in my threads are purely taken by me and only me. Do not use without my acknowledgment or giving any credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread