Progressive Vapors Social Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
As a confirmed, anti-authoritarian liberal Democrat, I welcome your new group. Liberals want more regulation of corporations; conservatives want to regulate individuals.
I'll try to stay off this board but I did want to read it and see what you guys had to say.

Grand "conclusive" statements such as this have absolutely no basis in reality at all.

skex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2009
Austin Tx USA
I'll try to stay off this board but I did want to read it and see what you guys had to say.

Grand "conclusive" statements such as this have absolutely no basis in reality at all.

Actually this statement has a hell of a lot to do with reality. Far more than the idea that Conservatives want small government.

And yes I know that Progressive is not a new term having originated from the last the last Republican President who was worth a damn (there were only two regardless). But it's use today is slightly different than it was then this of course not being surprising since as I noted before these definitions tend to shift over time.

As far as the FDA goes it's not so simple as you describe there are competing interests involved. On one hand the FDA does have a legitimate job to try and protect the American people from tainted foods and drugs on the other it does tend to get abused by those in power to form a barrier to entry for new products particularly drugs.

The e-cig hits a gray area it should have some regulation to ensure that the public is fully informed of what we are inhaling on the other hand trying to regulate a recreational drug as if it were a medication is stupid.

Then again we can argue until the proverbial cattle come home about who's party's fault it is and it wouldn't change the fact that something needs to be done to head things off.

Like I said I'm not trying to change minds here other wise I'd have written a book already in response to both your and Ramblin's assertions.

Any liberals reading this please join the social group so we can get a forum formed and start hashing out details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread