• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Prohibition on importing e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
It was only a matter of time:
Prohibition on importing e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine
The Australian Government has announced that they intend to ask the Governor-General in Council to amend the Customs (Prohibited Import) Regulations from 1 July 2020 prohibiting the importation of e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine (nicotine in solution or in salt or base form) and nicotine-containing refills unless on prescription from a doctor.

If the Governor-General agrees to make the regulations, the following questions and answers provide further information for individuals, health professionals and importers who may be affected by the prohibition.

You are no longer permitted to import nicotine for use in e-cigarettes directly from an overseas supplier without a valid import permit.

The Australian Border Force (ABF) is obliged by law to seize e-cigarettes containing vaporiser nicotine which arrive in Australia on or after 1 July 2020.

You will need a prescription from your doctor for an e-cigarette containing vaporiser nicotine, and it will need to be obtained on your behalf by a medical supplier or from a pharmacist who dispenses it for your use as the named patient. The company or the pharmacist will need to be given a copy of your prescription.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
As I said before, for a land that allows gambling in pubs, the Aussies sure are self righteous about what they are doing with ecigs. tobacco must be huge for them. GET YOUR NIC NOW. Because they Aussie Border Patrol don't play. They have dogs capable of sniffing out any plant or animal item that is non native to Australia. It will not be hard to add nicotine to that dog's nose.

Anna

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Here's to stupidity. Good on ya Aussie government, ya pack of drongos.

iMwmfnA.jpg

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Flick, thank you so much for posting this here. I just happen to have email notifications of updates in this forum, without which I would not have known this is happening. I have immediately placed an order from NZ, now I can only hope it will arrive before the deadline.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
HiLIQ are listing 1pm on the 23rd as their cut off date:
"if you want to order nicotine, we recommend you to order your stocks before June 23, 1PM (Asia Pacific Time) so we can ship it on-time. If all is well and falls into place, no other delay out of our control, it will arrive in your place on time before July 1, 2020."

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I put another order in today as soon as I heard. I started stockpiling nic as soon as I started vaping 2.5yrs ago. It seemed too good to be true, vape all week for a dollar vs smoke all week for $100.
I didnt think it would take long before they started trying to claw back the lost excise somehow.
By up large and do it quick.

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
WARNING This product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical

That could be an issue but our Customs don't have the resources or man-power to analyse every package that comes in, I suspect they'll only be looking at the liquid bottles that come up on x-ray...

I usually buy 20 x 30ml bottles, or 1L bottles, those guys would know what to look for, so hardware will probably be fine..

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
That could be an issue but our Customs don't have the resources or man-power to analyse every package that comes in, I suspect they'll only be looking at the liquid bottles that come up on x-ray...

I usually buy 20 x 30ml bottles, or 1L bottles, those guys would know what to look for, so hardware will probably be fine..
Hope so. I'm glass half empty though.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
"0" zero mg nic flavours have been confiscated at customs because it has "this product contains nicotine" on the label. This was happening a year ago.
One local store lost $5000 dollars of zero mg juice because of that kind of idiot stupidity and Ive since heard that its happened to other stores.

Last edited:

FLICK

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2009
Australia
Stock up stock UP it's a good plan.

This has been coming in Australia since I started vaping in mid 2009, it's been an ongoing issue, I've always kept a few years supply on hand because of the ongoing threat, there was a panic in 2017 and it "seemed" they were going to ban it then so I stashed away a lifetime supply in my freezer, thank gawd!...

I really feel for the people that survive month to month on international juice orders (which most people in Aus do because you cant buy nic juice in Aus), this will catch a LOT of them out..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread