Promise not to laugh! Newbie with a brain freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
I have a 10ml bottle of unflavored nic juice from FSUSA. I purchased several flavors from Perfumers Apprentice. I really just want to taste the flavors. My juice is 18mg, 80/20 pg/vg. If I take 2 mls of the juice, how many little drops of the flavor do I need to add? They came with these cute little pipettes. How much does the drops of flavor decrease the nic level? I really don't care much about the nic level, just want to see if I like these flavors. I purchased them thinking I was getting ready to vape eliquids and realized what I had done when they got here. I don't need to add any water do I?

I just can't seem to find a calculator that deals with such a small amount that makes sense to me and I want to try this with what I have on hand. Once I decide I like a flavor, then I will purchase a large bottle of unflavored juice and go from there. Thanks so much for the help... you guys have been great!!

Bully mom:blush:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It varies a lot.
I typically end up with 12 - 20% flavoring in a final liquid. If you have 2ml of your nicotine base, then try perhaps about 0.25ml of flavoring; the final would be 2.25 ml, so the liquid you added would be 0.25/2.25 = 1/9, just over 11%. If that works for you, great, otherwise just add a few more drops at a time.
(A rough approximation is that there's somewhere around 25 drops to the ml -- it varies, of course.)

As to nic level, it is a ratio, total nicotine divided by total liquid. In the above example, 2 ml of 18 mg/ml, and 0.25 ml of 0 mg/ml, the final strength is 2mlx18mg/ml /(2 ml + 0.25 ml) = 16 mg/ml. If one of the things you bought is called Tobacco Absolute or Tobacco Absolute Diluted, that is a special case. It is a very strong tobacco base flavoring. I typically use the TA Diluted just to "perk up" a tobacco eliquid, and then I'm talking on the order of 2 - 4 drops per 10ml of final eliquid. For just making a tobacco-oriented flavor, I use their Tobacco Blend, at about 12%, plus whatever else I want (typically 8% vanilla, or 3% hazelnut plus a couple drops of the TA Diluted).

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I think *2 drops per 2 ml would be a good place to start .
just add another drop if ya can't taste it
& take notes so you know for later mixing what you liked .

*generally a ml is 20 drops so if you wanna start @ 10% flavoring that would be 2 drops ....
but w/that said all droppers/pipettes don't make the same size drop & thickness of liquid probably changes the sizing a little too. But since you are just mixing for yourself(assuming)
then it dosn't really matter ... same with the reduction of nic , it will be minimal. So don't worry about that either . have fun ....good luck !

bully mom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2011
Kentucky
Mark,,, Thanks so much that is exactly what I was looking for. The two big flavors I got are wintergreen and English toffee. Also I got one of the little test packages which is an assortment of fruit flavors. Think I will try the English toffee first.

Kelley... I appreciate the tip of taking notes. Your explanation was perfect and I will let ya know how it all turns out!!!

Many thanks to you both!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread