Proper use of 306s

Status
Not open for further replies.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I bought 2 different type of 306s. ProVape and Cisco both are 1.5 and I am using GGTS with 18650 3.7v and dripping. I have only tried the ProVape so far but it tastes burnt after the 1st puff. I am using about 3 drops. I don't know if it is the atty or what. I have heard so much about these I had to try them. Hopefully the Cisco is better. They sure are juice hogs the ProVape. When my ProVari gets here Monday I will try lower voltage.

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
I just got my cisco in today. I am afraid to tell you that you might be disappointed. I have been trying and trying to like it. I don't know what the deal is but I get a extreme burnt/chemical taste. More chemical than burnt but both none the less. This is my first shot at true dripping and I have to say that the throat hit is more of a chemical burnt hit. ALL my juices are tasting the same through this atty. Perhaps I'm screwing something up but dripping aint rocket science. I have wanted to drip so that I can taste the liquid that I'm mixing up before making larger batches. I have also received a regular 510 atty for dripping but I wanted to give the LR a try first. I have been hoping beyond hope that this is just a new atty that needs to break in but I have tried all my juices and can HARDLY tell the difference between them. If I'm doing something wrong I sure would like to know. I have been using the tank system for about two weeks now and had been using 808D-1 cartos as well.

Rockproof

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2010
PA
My experience with the Cisco's is that it will take a day or two to get through that harsh taste. It seems like they have a definite break in period (at least the ones I have recieved which were 2ohm). Once you are through this period, they are definitely the best hitters out there. What I would recommend to those wanting to get into LR's or dripping with them is start with a Joye 306LR. I will say that these are great out of the box (just not as powerful as the Cisco). Do the same prep with the Joye as with the Ciscos when you recieve these new. Great flavorful hit with huge plumes and they seem to retain a bit more juice than the Cisco's without leaking. Don't get me wrong, I love the Cisco for the hot, heavy hits but the apparent breakin is a bit bothersome. You can pick up Joye 306LR's from many vendors for about $7-8 ea. including Good Prophets.

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
Good to know Rockproof. I will give it some time and I did try something that I read whilst trying to figure out if it was me or the atty. Drown the ........ Seems to be less harsh on the chem taste as long as I take short drags. but as soon as it stops gurgling and or I take longer drags I get the same burnt chem taste. Loads more vapor while drowned as well. Good thing I have a sealed battery.

rtfm

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2010
USA
From Cisco's Site...

What you should know:

• When using a new LR 306 for the first time, it is important to prime the atomizer properly. Cisco LR 306 atomizers come with NO PRIMER, therefore special care must be taken. Priming is done by dripping 4 to 5 drops directly onto the atomizer coil, waiting about 60 seconds, then dripping another 1 to 2 drops. After this is done, you are ready to take your first drag. Do not press the button before this point.

• These atomizers come with no primer because a) So you don't have to clean it out & b) Some people are sensitive to primer.

• As with all LR atomizers, do not use with any batteries rated higher than 3.7v.

• LR 306 must not be “dry burned” to be cleaned. This will damage the atomizer. Instead, soak in grain alcohol if cleaning in absolutely necessary. Alternatively, try blowing out excess e-liquid from the bottom into a napkin.

• LR 306 atomizer must be kept wet at all times. The moment you detect that your e-liquid is almost finished, drip at least 2 more drops.
• These atomizer are designed for short hard draws, Takig long soft pulls could cause the atomizer to dry out and give off a burnt taste.

• The LR 306 atomizer shares the same threading with the 510. It will fit on any device a 510 atomizer will fit on.

• Do not use LR 306 (or any low resistance atomizer) with batteries rated less than 450mAh. Not only will it will damage a “standard” e-cig battery, but you will not get the most out of low resistance.

• These atomizers can take 24-48 hours to fully break in, depending on how often you vape. It is not uncommon to feed these atomizers up to 1ml of liquid within the first hour of usage during the break in period. The amount of liquid needed will decline after the initial 24-48 hour period. Some leaking from the bottom of the atomizer may occur during this period.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
with "ALL" my Atty's I put a condom on the bottom end, fill them up above the bridge with the flavored liquid I chose to run in that Atty, I let it soak good for at least an hour or just forget about it till I remember I'm prepping a new Atty. This insures my wick to get saturated with that flavor and insures I DON'T BURN THE WICK, when I'm ready to use that Atty I pull off the condom screw it on and vape it and don't inhale, when it's ready for more liquid my Atty is ready to vape, enough said..!

MikeDeason

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
Toronto
I just got my cisco in today. I am afraid to tell you that you might be disappointed. I have been trying and trying to like it. I don't know what the deal is but I get a extreme burnt/chemical taste. More chemical than burnt but both none the less. This is my first shot at true dripping and I have to say that the throat hit is more of a chemical burnt hit. ALL my juices are tasting the same through this atty. Perhaps I'm screwing something up but dripping aint rocket science. I have wanted to drip so that I can taste the liquid that I'm mixing up before making larger batches. I have also received a regular 510 atty for dripping but I wanted to give the LR a try first. I have been hoping beyond hope that this is just a new atty that needs to break in but I have tried all my juices and can HARDLY tell the difference between them. If I'm doing something wrong I sure would like to know. I have been using the Tank system for about two weeks now and had been using 808D-1 cartos as well.

Dude...I HATE the LR306 Cisco's...they all taste like dirty cartomizers to me as well...they last but they taste like crap.

I get a MUCH cleaner vape from a LR 510.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
I love my Cisco LR 306's, fantastic flavor, heat, and vapor production on eGo-T 1000 batteries. I've used two of them quite extensively and never had a chemical or burnt taste. It seems pretty obvious when they need more juice. I did dewick them since I never intend to do anything but drip on them and see no purpose for the wick. I don't think they vape any different without a wick, but it reduces the risk of vaping charred wick if I space and forget to drip.

Feeding two drops and occasionally, accidentally three and they are so consistently good. You must be running them dry or on high voltage if you aren't getting good flavor. I find with the way the drip tips are designed (love the XLs) they also rarely leak.

Sorry about your bad luck with them, but hopefully you can get them to work for you because IMHO they are worth it.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I'm having a burnt taste every now and again with my cisco lr 306. It's only 2 days old and I've kept it nothing but wet. What is the recommended draw time on these? And is it ok to take 2 good pulls back to back then let the atty cool down? I'm using a V3 at 3.7volts.

I love my Cisco LR 306's, fantastic flavor, heat, and vapor production on eGo-T 1000 batteries. I've used two of them quite extensively and never had a chemical or burnt taste. It seems pretty obvious when they need more juice. I did dewick them since I never intend to do anything but drip on them and see no purpose for the wick. I don't think they vape any different without a wick, but it reduces the risk of vaping charred wick if I space and forget to drip.

Feeding two drops and occasionally, accidentally three and they are so consistently good. You must be running them dry or on high voltage if you aren't getting good flavor. I find with the way the drip tips are designed (love the XLs) they also rarely leak.

Sorry about your bad luck with them, but hopefully you can get them to work for you because IMHO they are worth it.

dcassidy1214

Mar 4, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
I use Cisco 306 LR 1.5 ohm atty's w/ a 3.7V AW 18650 on my Reo Grand and I've never had any burnt or chemical taste at all. EVER. I take them right out of the package drown them and let them sit for about an hour or two then vape into oblivion. I've been vaping on the same atty for almost two months now and it still vapes like new. Not sure why your's aren't working properly but I'll never buy any other atty than the Cisco ever again. Is it possible it may be your battery? Maybe it's putting out too many volts.

UNDERD06

Mar 12, 2011
MN
Hi all
I'm new to vaping and have been researching them for quite a while now. I'm planing on purchasing the Reo Mini and a Reo Grand (when their back in stock) and need advice on what else I need to buy, maybe a list of the things I need to go with the Reos and a company with good CS where to buy from. Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

UNDERD06

Mar 12, 2011
MN
I use a 306 on my Reo Mini w/ AW IMR batts and never take atty breaks, I do dewick all my atty's as the wick can taste burnt.
It easiest to dewick a new atty's (prior to 1st use) however it can be done on used atty's.

To me a Cisco 306 @ 1.5 Ohm has the most flavor for tobacco type liquids and the heat is great.

Hi rtfm,
I was wondering if you could help out, I'm getting the Reo Mini and wanted to know where you buy e-juice and atty's? I'm a first timer and need all the help I can get. Also, is reosmods.com the only place someone can buy a new reo? Thanks in advance for any advice!

P-Dub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
Santa Rita,GU, USA
From Cisco's Site...

What you should know:

• When using a new LR 306 for the first time, it is important to prime the atomizer properly. Cisco LR 306 atomizers come with NO PRIMER, therefore special care must be taken. Priming is done by dripping 4 to 5 drops directly onto the atomizer coil, waiting about 60 seconds, then dripping another 1 to 2 drops. After this is done, you are ready to take your first drag. Do not press the button before this point.

• These atomizers come with no primer because a) So you don't have to clean it out & b) Some people are sensitive to primer.

• As with all LR atomizers, do not use with any batteries rated higher than 3.7v.

• LR 306 must not be “dry burned” to be cleaned. This will damage the atomizer. Instead, soak in grain alcohol if cleaning in absolutely necessary. Alternatively, try blowing out excess e-liquid from the bottom into a napkin.

• LR 306 atomizer must be kept wet at all times. The moment you detect that your e-liquid is almost finished, drip at least 2 more drops.
• These atomizer are designed for short hard draws, Takig long soft pulls could cause the atomizer to dry out and give off a burnt taste.

• The LR 306 atomizer shares the same threading with the 510. It will fit on any device a 510 atomizer will fit on.

• Do not use LR 306 (or any low resistance atomizer) with batteries rated less than 450mAh. Not only will it will damage a “standard” e-cig battery, but you will not get the most out of low resistance.

• These atomizers can take 24-48 hours to fully break in, depending on how often you vape. It is not uncommon to feed these atomizers up to 1ml of liquid within the first hour of usage during the break in period. The amount of liquid needed will decline after the initial 24-48 hour period. Some leaking from the bottom of the atomizer may occur during this period.

Well That settles that. It is all making sense now and I have had much better performance while it is saturated. I just have to remember to take shorter draws. Habit with all my other attys have me drawing long. Simple solutions... Done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread