Propylene glycol (PG) Makes me sneeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieBrown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Austin, TX
This is week 3 of vaping. During the start of my adventures of vaping, I've purchased mixes of 40/60, 70/30, and 60/40, and 100% VG. On Thursday, I vaped 100% VG all day. The next morning, continued to vape the 100% VG juice, and then decided to try a different flavor and also switched tank and cart; but it was a 60/40 mix. After a couple hits of the mixed juice, my nose began to run and I started sneezing. It was a moment of 'ok, I now i know i'm allergic to PG". As soon as i switch the tank/cart with the 100% VG, my allergic symptoms went away.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Possible you have an allergy. I sneeze more but my juice doesn't have much PG in it some have none. So I am assuming it's the VG. We are all different. Allergy to it is mentioned on here in a couple of places. I think the Juice is more an Art and not so much a science. Comes down to what works. VG as I understand it is more organic as apposed to PG. One thing to note is did you have the same flavor. I could see a flavor causing an allergic reaction too.
As with all my posts most if not all are opinions from an FGN/Nob so I could be wrong.

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Yes, experimenting with PG and flavors is a long drawn out process and I must take better notes too:facepalm:
I've been trying to use mostly VG and not sneezing as much when I vape anymore, however, some flavors might have PG
Last night I tested about a dozen different DIY flavors (most were Capella's) and few tobacco flavors from other vendors. Some had what "tasted" like diffferent spices in them too.
Started sneezing and then my sinuses got completed congested.. . . but it wasn't till that moment that I realized I better not do a dozen different taste tests all in less than an hour, sheesh. I'll take notes and do one test at a time between vaping my usual flavors that don't make me sneeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread