Propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin shelf life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiment040

Sep 25, 2019
Hey guys I have a couple gallons of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin that I bought about 3 years ago. Does anyone know if this would still be good for DIY juice making? I'm a victim of the New York state vaping ban and I have to go back to making my own juice (salt nic) also, does anyone have any tips for a first timer with DIY salt nic? I'm probably going to get all my ingredients from wizard labs. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Vapntime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Hey guys I have a couple gallons of propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin that I bought about 3 years ago. Does anyone know if this would still be good for DIY juice making? I'm a victim of the New York state vaping ban and I have to go back to making my own juice (salt nic) also, does anyone have any tips for a first timer with DIY salt nic? I'm probably going to get all my ingredients from wizard labs. Any help appreciated! Thanks!

Most commercial salt e liquid uses nicotine benzoate, I don't think wizard sells that they sell a 'milder' nic salt. You can find nicotine benzoate (salt) at LNW and some other places if you search around. You will notice the difference if you are use to nicotine benzoate.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Following this as I had the same question. Although I feel they can stay good for years if stored properly.
You can dilute nicsalt the same way you do with FB. Just keep PG to 40% if you plan to use in a pod system.
Might be worth asking WL or LNW. When they put a "use before date", I wonder if vendors account for the time since manufacturing or they just count from the time for rebottling.
Anyone freezing PG/VG ?
Is microbial contamination of PG & VG possible? worried more about the sweet stuff.

Sorry. More questions than answers

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
They apply expiration dates indiscriminately these days, and the dates are often wildly pessimistic. PG is a preservative that's added to extend the shelf life of other things, so it should technically be good forever. And can you imagine any micro-organism surviving in a pure glycerol osmolyte that instantly sucks out all its cellular water? If the ancient Egyptians had vaped we'd be finding tubs of usable PG and VG in their tombs alongside honey. Seriously, the stuff lasts forever if you keep it sealed: if it's not green it's still good.

Did you know? PG and VG are the two primary ingredients found in intimate lubricant.

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
They apply expiration dates indiscriminately these days, and the dates are often wildly pessimistic. PG is a preservative that's added to extend the shelf life of other things, so it should technically be good forever. And can you imagine any micro-organism surviving in a pure glycerol osmolyte that instantly sucks out all its cellular water? If the ancient Egyptians had vaped we'd be finding tubs of usable PG and VG in their tombs alongside honey. Seriously, the stuff lasts forever if you keep it sealed: if it's not green it's still good.

Did you know? PG and VG are the two primary ingredients found in intimate lubricant.
Vapable?

:lol: Could not resist

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
I just used the last of a gallon of PG I bought in 2013. Probably not the greatest of ideas, but I just hated to throw it away, and it didn't seem "off" or anything. At the time I bought it, I had no idea how far it would go. It was stored at room temperature in a closet. If I had known it would take this long to use it up, I would have found freezer space for it. After all, nic has a base of either PG, VG, or both, and people freeze that.

I just replaced it with a pint of PG this time.

Walter Ladd

Multiple ID Suspension
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2018
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread