(Propylene Glycol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
I went shopping at Wal-Mart for VG look as was suggested in cake decorating area. All I could find was PG ..in a vanilla flavor and another one in butter..The brand was wilton as that was the suggested brand to look for.

My question do the make a flavorless PG or VG..I'll take either..or would using the flavored ones they had work for cutting purpose

That is just flavoring, not plain PG.

Try JuicyLiquid or LiquidXpress--I think both of those sell plain PG.

Tractor Supply sells it by the gallon, I think, but I am not sure if it is USP. Probably is, though, since I think they sell it for animal use.

Not sure if I would vape butter flavor at all. Not sure why I think that though--some distant memory that inhaling it is not a good idea. Could be way off base--check it out first.

That is just flavoring, not plain PG.

Try JuicyLiquid or LiquidXpress--I think both of those sell plain PG.

Tractor Supply sells it by the gallon, I think, but I am not sure if it is USP. Probably is, though, since I think they sell it for animal use.

Not sure if I would vape butter flavor at all. Not sure why I think that though--some distant memory that inhaling it is not a good idea. Could be way off base--check it out first.

We checked with Wilton's and the Clear butter flavor does NOT contain any Diacetyl. That is what you couldnt remember, it causes popcorn lung.

We checked with Wilton's and the Clear butter flavor does NOT contain any Diacetyl. That is what you couldnt remember, it causes popcorn lung.

Thank you, Halfevil! And you are absolutely correct--it was something about popcorn that was hovering near the corner of my mind.

It is good to know that it is okay. Thanks for checking it out.

Jbugz

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2009
Plant City, Florida
You can get pure VG at Walmart for cutting and mixing. It's in the pharmacy section. If you can't find it, just ask them where the vegtable glycerin is. It is Humco brand, and the bottle says Glycerin USP. About $3 for 6 oz.

I got mine in the drug section too. It was on the shelf along with things like mineral oil, witchhazel...stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread