Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Both may prematurely fail. I'd be looking at the warranty policy from the vendor you're buying from to help decide what to buy. A good vendor will be helpful in the event of a failure for a few months after purchase, so be sure to check that out in your decision process.

tym64

Jul 30, 2017
Smok is notorious for poor quality control; Vaporesso has a pretty decent rep so I'd go with the Tarot Nano

Odd, like I have said before, Myself, and some friends have always used Smok, not a single issue.

I suggest get what ever you decide on from your local vape shop. Internet can lead to knock offs. Take a look at some you tube videos, see what mods offer you the things you really want in a mod. Learn to take care of it, NEVER charge any mod usb. Get a split charger.

IMHO, Find the one that best suits what you want, take care of it, and pretty much any mod out there should last you along time. Keep a back up if you can, and sadly, no matter what mod you go with, they sometimes do go bad, and tanks leak. Happens. Nature of the Beast.

Myself, the single battery, with the fire bar, Smok AL85 has been rock solid, but you may find other mods people list here with the features you want, and better fit your needs. Youtube it, Google it, find the one that best fits your budget, and pull the trigger.

And lastly, remember, any mod can be fragile, its a tiny computer. So take care of it. Best of luck, and let us know what you went with!! On a side note, go to your local vape shop, handle the mod, make sure it feels comfortable, I HATE the big bulky mods, others love them. A mod, its such a personal choice imho.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
SMOK has earned a rather dubious reputation. As a vaper who has been vaping nearly 6 years, read thousands of forum posts over that time, and worked in a vape shop who sold SMOK products I will stake my good reputation on this forum that SMOK has a history of questionable quality control and at times had faulty manufacturing and workmanship.

Coroner's Corner: Issue #1 Smok Alien ...the autopsy begins ...
Smoktech groove recall | E-Cigarette Forum
SMOK Stick 8 Blows Up While Charging (Video)
PSA about Smok koopor Primus and Wanted the Advice of the Reddit Community
smok alien is just garbage

SMOK comes out with a new model every couple of months. They don't do beta testing, they sell their beta products on the market and hope for the best. They focus more on new shapes and multiple colors instead of making a product that will function for a year or more. They focus on the new or inexperienced consumer.

"We make cheap. We sell cheap. If it break. You buy another."

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Both may prematurely fail. I'd be looking at the warranty policy from the vendor you're buying from to help decide what to buy. A good vendor will be helpful in the event of a failure for a few months after purchase, so be sure to check that out in your decision process.

If outside the US, chances are that warranty is 0 days. Not sure where OP is from, but worth looking into.

I have a Nano. I love it. Only mass produced chinese mod that I still use. It's a dark horse too. 80W and it's the thickness of my finger and hides itself in my palm? Winner.

Only thing to keep in mind is that if you're vaping >35-40W, you're going to be charging that thing more than vaping on it.

For that reason, for every beginner, I suggest a 2x 18650 battery mod. Those are work horses and have their place in every collection.

Here it is in action:

YgNofEW.jpg

The thing is minuscule and hits like a horse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread