Status
Not open for further replies.

KY_Rob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2013
Kentucky
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I couldn't find any other thread...Lately I've noticed a lot of hype over "telescope" tubes, and it seems that new devices are released every week (if not more often).

These things look great, and by all accounts very versatile.

I'm actually considering one myself at the moment, and the one thing that keeps coming back into my mind, is what keeps them from "coming undone" and losing battery connection?

I would think that a common problem would be loosening, which would just irritate me. What are your experiences? How well does your device "stay put"?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

danomat1073

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Houston, TX Area
I have an Electric Angel aka EA Mod. It works great. Once it is snugged down it is not loose at all. I never have had any problems with it becoming loose over time either. I guess it all has to do with the materials used and the machining quality. I cannot comment on other mods seeing as I only have the EA at this time. I have preordered the ELA from Super T Manufacturing because the company is know for its quality and the ELA takes the concept of the telescoping mod in a whole new direction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
To me the versatility is handy. Should you find a mod you particularly enjoy using, it's a big bonus to be able to drop down to a pocketable 18350 stealth size when needed. The other positive is that rare occasion when you only have one remaining backup battery available, it'll probably keep you vaping regardless of size.

The negatives are increased diameter and weight, but well designed ones are still pretty small.

danomat1073

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Houston, TX Area
To me the versatility is handy. Should you find a mod you particularly enjoy using, it's a big bonus to be able to drop down to a pocketable 18350 stealth size when needed. The other positive is that rare occasion when you only have one remaining backup battery available, it'll probably keep you vaping regardless of size.

The negatives are increased diameter and weight, but well designed ones are still pretty small.

My thoughts exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I have a SmokTech telescope. It stays put just fine. The tension put on the threads but the springs at the end seems to be enough to keep the middle from twisting too much. But when there's not battery, it is really easy to twist, but only a negligible amount.

The versatility from being able to have a really short 18350 mod to an 18650 and even stacked 18350s is great, although I have yet to get any 18350s, but will one day.

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I have a GG Stealth with the extra tubes to make it a telescope, and the only time I have had issue with the tubes unscrewing is when I change the battery and I seem to almost always unscrew a part I didn't plan on. I love being able to use it in 18360 mode of the stealth when need be or pop a bigger battery into it ( I mostly use 18500's in it) and if I know I will be out all day I throw in a 18650

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Well it is a nice idea if you don't want a bigger mod I suppose. I don't see the point for my vaping habit. I like 18650s. I have lots of them, so it is all I ever use. I have a handful of 18350s from my first lavatube. Every once in a blue moon, I dust them off, and use the ole lava in 18350 stacked mode for fun. But that lavatube is no match for my eVic or even my Vamo.

I do have the lavatube telescoping mod GS SUB 2.0, and it looks really cool. But I always use it with an 18650, and it feels so flimsy that I am afraid to take it anywhere.

IntelligentDesigner

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for all the feedback!

It makes sense that the spring pressure from the battery cap would keep things in place. I kind of surprised that there's enough force to do this, but I digress...

Thanks again all!

It's still pretty easy to twist with the tension, but not so easy it untwists enough to break the connection inadvertently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread