Protank 2 bargain $10.98 w/ shipping $9 each additional. Protank2 Protank II PT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trayce

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Multiversal
Other thing is, if you are going to get a knock-off, fasttech sells them for 5 bucks plus change, free shipping. Which is probably where this eBay vendor got his stock from. Might as well get one from FastTech if that's what you want.

One major difference (that you may or may not care about) is that the knock-off from FastTech says it is an acrylic tank, vs pyrex (Kanger). Acrylic is stronger than glass (i.e. less liable to break all else being equal in terms of thickness of the tank) while also being lighter. However, acrylic is easily scratched and is also flammable, while pyrex of course is not. (Scratches can be buffed out of acrylic.)

Otherwise I don't know how the knock-offs perform vs the real thing, as I only have a Kanger. Since they use the same heads the only difference might be the draw, assuming the seals and specs are otherwise the same. For $5 it might be a good extra tank, but I'm sticking with pyrex tanks, personally.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
It even says in the ad they're not genuine . . .

It didn't the other day. It said Genuine etc. I heard they don't include a spare coil or ego cone. It said they were in PT1 boxes because of FT's fault or something. Yeah, a knockoff from FT would be cheaper.
Besides what I just learned about acrylic, I returned my Davide Glassomizers because I read that although the outside of a PT2 and Davide are both chrome plated/washed, the inside of the PT2 is stainless and thus safer than the davide's which I scratched and confirmed was plated. Even if the knockoffs were pyrex, they're likely chrome plated/washed on the inside. Also, the drip tip holds much tighter in a PT2 than a Davide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread