Protank 2 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
What ProTank? 1/2 full size mini? How long have you been using the current coil? Premade Coil? Rebuild? At a guess I would say clean the center tube with a q-tip/blow out any extra juice that may have gotten in there when filling.

Also could be:
o-rings in top/bottom
old atty break down
coil not screwed in tight
top/bottom not screwed in tight
etc...

Vape on :vapor:

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have noticed that the coil on my mini-protank 2 will come unscrewed (heh) each time I refill (though I didn't notice it when I visually checked it). I found this out last night when it leaked all over my hand. lol. So I have to make sure to tighten it up on each refill. This does not happen with my EVOD tanks.

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
I have 3 and have had no problems with any of them until last night when I cleaned one along with cleaning others. It was leaking popping gurgling like crazy. When I took it apart again to look and see what was going on, I had an EXTRA o-ring in there. not sure exactly how that happened. Upon putting it back together again it works perfect. Check it out and make sure it all together properly. :)

Translations

Nov 30, 2012
San Diego, CA
I would suggest getting a new tank, I have had three protanks and they all started leaking at the o-rings. Might want to check out crave tank clones there around the same price but the quality is 100% better, got one a while ago and have not had a single problem with leaking and they come with extra o-ring's if you do have a problem.

BCWDragon

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
I would suggest getting a new tank, I have had three protanks and they all started leaking at the o-rings. Might want to check out crave tank clones there around the same price but the quality is 100% better, got one a while ago and have not had a single problem with leaking and they come with extra o-ring's if you do have a problem.

I've just had the one protank and have had 0 issues. If the o-ring gives out just replace the o-ring. Also I think you may have been screwing it together to tight if you had the same issue with all three. Build quality on it is amazing IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
The new boxed PT2's , mini's and prolly other kangers that take the protank heads have a opaque silicone looking positive insulator and its real crap. Its the heads that are included in the box, they are so soft that its easily squished and cutting off airflow and could cause leaking. The heads in the blister 5 packs are whiteish and more rubber looking. I got both PT2's, mini's and heads from the same coop the other day and have 2 different color of insulators. Just gently pull the pin outwarda iota and pull the insulator down and reround it and you should be good until you add that extra 1/16 turn and it squishes again especially if its saturated with juice..What a Pain. I'm very unhappy with this and have to waste all the included heads to save myself the frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread