ProTank II flooding since removing flavor wick

Status
Not open for further replies.

eFFeRR

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys,

I removed the Flavor Wick today from my ProTank 2. This seems to have been a mistake on my part because ever since the e-liq I am using keeps flooding the tank. I know it's because of the wick since the second atomizer head that came with the ProTank works perfectly fine.

I only have 2 liquids at the moment. One definately looks "thicker" then the other but I have no idea what the PG/VG ratio is of them. The "thinner" liquid is what is flooding the tank. I will try the "thicker" liquid with the flavor wick removed to see if that helps.

Currently I am using the second base with the flavor wick in tact. I am looking to buy some Silica Wick to put in the first atomizer head I messed up. Which mm size should I get for the ProTank 2?

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/silica.htm

That's what I will be buying.

Thanks!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Did you remove the entire wick? That's a bad thing.

If your eliquid is very thick, you may try to dilute it with a drop or two of distilled water (per ml) or some PG. Or you can gently remove one strand of the flavor wick.

Watch how Phil does it--at 25 min.

And yes, you can use cotton to replace your flavor wick for now.

BTW, I have never removed any wicks from my Kangers--I vape 70/30 PG/VG.

Last edited:
Screwing Protank onto battery too tight will restrict airflow which will make you want to drag harder which will over saturate you wick with liquid. Excess liquid will either go up mouth-pipe into your mouth or down into your battery port. Try just tightening battery until its just snug and taking slow, steady and smooth drags. People come into my shop just about everyday, having leaking issues with evod/protanks

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
So instead of buying wick I can use a piece of cotton ball? Does this give good results or should I just order some 2mm wick next time I place an order?

Cotton ball or plain rolled cotton. Just pull and twist to desired thickness.

evodrewick1_zps169dfe2e.jpg

Photo borrowed from TomCatt's pictorial (without permission ;)).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...d-rewicking-cotton-recoiling.html#post9853037

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
dag nabit.....stop vaping on it take the cotton you just put on off and replace again with the rolled cotton...then re assemble and let tank sit for 10 minutes and only after that time do a few dry pulls without hitting fire button before you try it...forgot to warn you to let it saturate well before using sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread