Status
Not open for further replies.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
I've had my protank for about a week, and immediately swapped the head for an evod after reading that it tightened the draw (about the loosest draw I like is a T2). No leaks at all, my protank is the $14.95 from ivape, same as yours, if I read correctly. I've been using 100% VG and 80/20 PG/VG in it. Vapor production has been great, only issue I'm having is "two-month-tastebuds", but thats with all my clearos right now.

Same here. I tried a regular protank head for the hell of it and it was a bit too airy still.

Unlrelated, I tried a vivi nova the other day and the draw was super tight. Funny because I didn't notice it before the kangers.

thinhdle

Jun 22, 2013
CA, USA
Hey guys, I got my ProTank about 5 days ago and I'm lovingg it so farr. Huge, thick plumes of vapor with the stock 2.5ohm Protank-head that came with it.. I heard that using EVOD-head with the ProTank will help give it a tighter draw, so I ordered some of those with it (also 2.5ohm even though I ordered 1.8s)

My first (stock) protank head burnt out after 5 days and only about 6 refills, which I thought was a little odd. Anyways, I screwed on my Evod-coil onto the PT last night to try it out, worked great for a few hours and I enjoyed the tighter draw..

Well this morning I woke up and went to take a drag, and noticed my PT was gurgling and not giving me a good thick hit like it usually does.. I opened it up to find a decent amount of juice had leaked into the center-post and into my battery. I cleaned it out and dry-dragged a few times (which resulted in some juice in my mouth) and tried again, but it's still leaking slightly.. And it's giving me a super thin vapor and not much of it, which I know has to do with the leak

.. What's the problem?? Has anybody else had this issue? I never took any 'flavor-wick' out and haven't modded my PT at all, this is kind of disapointing

I have the same exact problem with my X9 protank using the Evod coil. So it must be the coil problem. Any suggestions?

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
a lot of people use the evod center post to make the draw a little tighter. however, the grommet and the bottom pin are larger on evod than they are on the head. evod head restricts the airflow too much.

if you use the evod base, there will be little to no airflow which will pull way too much liquid from the tank and over the coil. this will flood your coil and cause it to leak through the hole in the bottom pin.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
Anyone else experience leaking out of the 510 thread when using T3S head? I can't see any difference between the Protank head and the T3S head other than the top part, but the leaking is related to flavor wick and the actual wick area if it's coming out of the 510 right?

There's also an gasket at the base of the thread where the head threads into the Protank base, but I've used fresh T3S heads and it still leaked...

Have any of you ran into this?

xpackaday

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Anyone else experience leaking out of the 510 thread when using T3S head? I can't see any difference between the Protank head and the T3S head other than the top part, but the leaking is related to flavor wick and the actual wick area if it's coming out of the 510 right?

There's also an gasket at the base of the thread where the head threads into the Protank base, but I've used fresh T3S heads and it still leaked...

Have any of you ran into this?

all my T3S leaked. But my 2 protanks and protank min do not leak. I think is has to do with the T3S top leanks and breaks the vaccume.

tom_chang79

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
CA
all my T3S leaked. But my 2 protanks and protank min do not leak. I think is has to do with the T3S top leanks and breaks the vaccume.

Do you mean the top portion of the coil unit?

I bought a replacement pack of Protank heads, and just received it in the mail, going to try it out and see if I see no more leaks, I don't remember this thing leaking when I used the stock Protank heads, so I'm suspicious of the T3S heads.

To be fair, using the T3S heads in the T3S does not leak, I'm think it has to do with that slight variance in the top length and width where it makes it impossible to use PT heads in the T3S, so the T3S heads must be undersized at that point to cause a flooding/leaking issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread