Protank Mini 2's delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
Bummer! That is my next purchase. I have PT's and have problems with going from AC inside to Arizona heat outside and my PT floods. I don't have the same problem with MT3's or EVODS. I suspect the size of the tank and area is part of the problem with juice thinning in the heat. I want the mini! I have a few juices that require glass.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I have my pre-order in w/ Viper vape. Just checked their product page and see that the release date has been changed from the original 8/25 to 8/28. Frustrating, but not terribly so, if this is accurate. Sent a chat query to them; their response was that 8/28 is what they'd been told by their supplier. :sigh: I had 8/25 circled in red on my calendar. :another sigh: Worth waiting for, though, IMO...

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
While they don't have a replaceable drip tip (doesn't matter to me), the Smoktech ARO Pyrex clearo looks like it'd fit the bill. It looks almost exactly like a PT Mini, but has a metal sheathing around it. Discount Vapers has them, so do a few other other places. Only bad part is that they don't use Kanger heads interchangeably, so you'd have to buy the extra replacement heads. I tried the plastic version of the ARO, and I think I might like it better than the EVOD. My uncle has them, and hasn't had a single leak so far.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Bummer! That is my next purchase. I have PT's and have problems with going from AC inside to Arizona heat outside and my PT floods. I don't have the same problem with MT3's or EVODS. I suspect the size of the tank and area is part of the problem with juice thinning in the heat. I want the mini! I have a few juices that require glass.

i have the same issue here in fresno bud. just fire up the AC in the car and hold the tank in front of it for a second or 2 or vape thru it, itll wick it back up. And keep all ur starbucks/tacobell/subway napkins in the glove compartment for a quick clean. i dont think its the thinning of the liquid that does it. I think its the pressure change from the cold to hot cuz its usually instantaneous. Heat makes everything expand

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
i have the same issue here in fresno bud. just fire up the AC in the car and hold the tank in front of it for a second or 2 or vape thru it, itll wick it back up. And keep all ur starbucks/tacobell/subway napkins in the glove compartment for a quick clean. i dont think its the thinning of the liquid that does it. I think its the pressure change from the cold to hot cuz its usually instantaneous. Heat makes everything expand

That is exactly what I do, hold it in front of the AC. I've heard a bunch of opinions one why and they all are possible but none quite make sense. Pressure is one of the likely choices and that would explain why the smaller EVOD with the same atty doesn't have the same problem...less space for air (air being what while change the most significantly with regard to pressure).

I'm hoping the mini PT2's will not have this problem. And I like being able to change the metal tip. I hate the metal tip on the PT's.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
That is exactly what I do, hold it in front of the AC. I've heard a bunch of opinions one why and they all are possible but none quite make sense. Pressure is one of the likely choices and that would explain why the smaller EVOD with the same atty doesn't have the same problem...less space for air (air being what while change the most significantly with regard to pressure).

I'm hoping the mini PT2's will not have this problem. And I like being able to change the metal tip. I hate the metal tip on the PT's.

I actually didnt mind the tip on the original pt. I like the pt2 tip as well. Ive tried to put in other drip tips and they dont seem to fit as well. I dunno if its the machining of the original or what but it fits snug and tight as other tips wobble in it. Guess id have to mod the others to flatten the end or something. I may try it. i got a wrong color sent to me from MBV and they promptly sent out the right one. So ive got a crappy color to do some testing with.

Proud owner of 4 Protanks and 3 Protank2's cuz i likes me a big ole jug o juice ;)

I might get me a mini just for craps and giggles to check it out.

Sd13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
NJ
The mini protank 2 has not been delayed. It is available. I just bought it today from a brick and mortar store. It performs just as well as the mini protank 1. However, the mini protank 2 does not have a replaceable drip tip and you cannot use your own drip tip like you can on the full size protank 2. The draw is not as tight as it is on the protank 2, mainly because of the non-removable drip tip. The draw is pretty much identical to that of the mini protank 1...not super tight but not airy like the evods either.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Kanger mini Protank II (Static Tip) - Sun-Vapers.com

Excerpt from the description @ Sun-Vapers:

For the mini Protank II there will be two versions. The idea behind the mini’s is that they are for the more conventional eGo/eVod vaper who needs to pack a big punch in a small portable package. These will be available in a static tip for those who want a no mess device, and a tip replaceable version for those who want to customize the mouthpiece. Since the release of the Protank II many vapers made note that they liked the static tips of the Kanger products and for them it was a key selling point. (Change something to please guy A and you will almost always upset guy B) It would appear in the future we will see more static tip and replaceable tip options from KangerTech to appease both parties. The item in this picture is for the Kanger Protank Mini II with a static tip. (labeled V1 by Kanger themselves) - See more at: Kanger mini Protank II (Static Tip) - Sun-Vapers.com

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
Yikes! Thanks for explaining static vs. removable tip, Glen. I have some PT mini 2's on order. Love the mini 1, but wanted to check out the M2 mainly for the changeable tip. Just checked my order at Viper Vape, and from the illustration they're selling the M2 w/ changeable tip. So many variations to try! :laugh:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Altitude is a PITA too.
If I drive East, I climb like 1000 feet every 15 minutes.
At 4-5000 feet, an EVOD dumps a lotta juice.
Ditto on the fast food napkins!
I should probably stop every 20 miles and unscrew it a little to equalize the pressure or something.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Altitude is a PITA too.
If I drive East, I climb like 1000 feet every 15 minutes.
At 4-5000 feet, an EVOD dumps a lotta juice.
Ditto on the fast food napkins!
I should probably stop every 20 miles and unscrew it a little to equalize the pressure or something.

You just need to learn to hold it top down when not vaping.
Air to the wicks = Air in/out, not juice.

Bkag

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Supplier posting outside of authorized areas.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread