ProTank thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Have had all weekend to play with this, and have come to some conclusions on MY end..your mileage may vary.

Used on a 900mAh eGo. It is a VERY airy draw. Fruit flavors are so muted as to be almost tasteless, including the tangerine I got this tank for, so will be getting extra shots for the 'melt your clearo' ones. Some of the flavors that were too strong in a clearo or bcc are also very muted. On the upside, one that was an absolute no-go for me because the flavor was so overwhelming is now vapeable and I don't have to toss it. It doesn't leak. It looks great on my eGo with the beauty ring. Was it worth the price? Yes. Would I buy it again? Yes. Will I get more? Probably, if I find other 'clearo melting' flavors I don't want to just drip occasionally. I think it would do much better on a VV device than a eGo, but I don't have one..yet.....

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
I too received my first ProTank, I have VV eGo's which I didn't like this tank on at all, it is too heavy and large for such a small device. I also have a Zmax and Provari, and it works well with both of those. I do admit it has an airy draw, but through my transistion into the vaping world I have discovered I have adapted my draw techniques toward the slow, longer draw which gives me more flavor.

I have only had the ProTank for about an hour and filled it up immediately with a Cinnamon based liquid which I feared putting in any of my plastic clearos, tanks, etc. and am able to finally enjoy it's flavor. I also have a DrunkTank which not only had an airy draw but it whistled too, I ended up plugging one of the three holes in it's base and now it is perfect on the Zmax.

Trying the ProTank was based on my likes of the Kanger T3, which I still use consistently on my eGo type batteries and I was hoping that I would feel the same about the ProTank and so far it hasn't disappointed. All of my comments of course are just my personal opinion and taste preferences.

Broodwich

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2013
Charleston, SC
Using the Protank on an eGo might not offer the best flavor you could get. At 3.3v, any vape is bland unless you have a 2 ohm or lower atomizer coil. Which coil are you using?

I would have to agree with this. You may enjoy the Pro Tank more if you had a more powerful device behind it. Not trying to be rude at all, just saying you may.

molli

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
Dubuque, Iowa
Using the Protank on an eGo might not offer the best flavor you could get. At 3.3v, any vape is bland unless you have a 2 ohm or lower atomizer coil. Which coil are you using?

I would have to agree with this. You may enjoy the Pro Tank more if you had a more powerful device behind it. Not trying to be rude at all, just saying you may.

I agree totally. It comes with a 2.4 ohm coil. (actually two of them..heir and spare....lol) I DO plan on getting an iTaste MPV as soon as I can sneak yet another order past hubby.....might have to wait a couple weeks on that.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
You really need 3.7v to 4.2v for a 2.4 ohm coil to get the best flavor.

The airy draw has been observed by others. Some are closing off one of the small air holes around the threaded area where it screws into the ego battery. This video might be helpful. Pbusardo discuss the pros and cons and some fixes for those.

Last edited:

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
My problem is that I probably have a 20 year supply of devices that I've tried once and tossed in the zombie box to maybe use at a later date. I think the Pro Tank would just suffer the same fate. Time for a "no wick - no wire - game changer". lol

He's such a jerk isn't he!? lol I was LITERALLY on the edge of my seat hoping he could tell me something useful.

Lowlife

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2013
Oklahoma
I received mine today, I haven't filled it yet. Going to go to the local store and get some new juice to try it. It feels solid and looks good on a Vision Spinner.

protankspinner.jpg

I love my EVODs and I think I will like my MT3s once I put the low resistance coils in. i just got the replacement coils with the Protank. Still using the EVOD right now.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I got mine today and filled it with SI's RY4, powered by my Apollo E2....produces a very satisfying vapor and great flavor. Assembled the whole unit is very solid and weighty. That stainless tip is a bit cool on the lips. Overall I like it. Will try it for a while and see if that changes.

KPT1.jpg

LisaR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2012
Martinez, CA
I like my ProTank a lot. It looks and vapes great sitting on a fat 1300 Spinner with the beauty skirt. That said, I will probably only be using that set-up at home, as it's too big for me to stick in a glasses case and throw in my purse. I love my ProTank, but will not be ditching my mini T3's on 650 Spinners anytime soon. (Plus, I usually have 10+ flavors going at a time, and the ProTanks are too expensive to have that many filled!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread