Protected CR2 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Hello. I recently ordered the protected CR2 3.0v batteries listed on the site. I wondered if someone can recommend a good brand name charger for these. Right now I am using the Excellerator CR2 charger but it's rather chintzy and I'm not sure that it has the correct overcharge protection, etc. Can anyone make a recommendation? I want the safest one possible. Thanks!

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Thanks. I guess I should have mentioned another concern. I want to make sure the charger I get will be long enough since the protected batteries are a little longer due to the pcb. I looked at several ultrafire chargers on ebay but I wasn't sure they would work with the longer protected ones. Here is an example. The batteries shown are not protected and it appears the unprotected batteries "just fit". I'm afraid it wouldn't work with these. Thoughts?

4pcs UltraFire CR2 3.0V Rechargeable Battery+Charger - eBay (item 300400406709 end time Feb-27-10 12:13:25 PST)

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Pretty much any Li-Ion charger will charge the CR2's. The CR2's are just li-ion batteries with the output regulated down to 3 volts. Biggest issue is size.. Most of the chargers have an opening that is too big and require a spacer to fill in the empty space. My fav is a stack of dimes, 3 does the trick with the AG-126 or AD-103.

hoog

Cherice

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Pretty much any Li-Ion charger will charge the CR2's. The CR2's are just li-ion batteries with the output regulated down to 3 volts. Biggest issue is size.. Most of the chargers have an opening that is too big and require a spacer to fill in the empty space. My fav is a stack of dimes, 3 does the trick with the AG-126 or AD-103.

hoog
Thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread