The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Protege! How do you carry it?

Discussion in 'Puresmoker' started by ShinKun, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ShinKun

ShinKun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Seattle
    I asked this question on another thread and decided it might make a good one on it's own.

I have only had mine for 24 hours so I have only gone out once with it but I just put it in my coat pocket which was fine but I felt like I had to keep my hand on it to make sure it wasn't turning on.

So what's everyone else doing?

Do yo take the atty off? Put it some sort of case?

I need some tips!

Thanks!!

2. Curtis

Curtis Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    Nashville, TN
    So far I just put it in my pants pocket when I'm not holding/hitting it... which is like never.

3. lawnman3

lawnman3 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    largo fl
    i just put mine in my pocket do not have any problems being in my pocket

4. a2dcovert

a2dcovert Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2009
    Louisiana
  5. lawnman3

Aug 3, 2009
    largo fl
    :evil:dont worry you will feel the rath of the protege if it goes off in your pocket

6. Gibby

Gibby Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    same here, although sometimes i feel like i just got shanked if i bend over or something the wrong way and forget its there. It works well for the most part though.

Gibby

7. vapn

vapn Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 10, 2009
    UK
    You have to press the button fully to activate it. It would be hard for this to happen in your pocket. I carry my Prodigy in my pocket all the time and never had the pocket fire. If you are worried about it then you could just unscrew the atty a few turns and it will not fire.

8. Barefoot Joe

Barefoot Joe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2009
    Grand Cayman
    I balance mine on the top of my head, atty side up, like those women with baskets you see on National Geographic.

9. lawnman3

Aug 3, 2009
    largo fl
    :cool:i love that one joe

10. ShinKun

ShinKun Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
    Seattle
    I can't get mine to balance on my head yet but now that I have played with the button more and read your comments I just won't worry too much about it in my pocket.

11. Trox.Shawn

Trox.Shawn Super Member ECF Veteran

I carry mine in my hand with the cart in my mouth...

12. LuckySevens4U

LuckySevens4U Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    USA
    I haven't had it got off in my pocket, but the other day, it DID go off in my purse and melted a cartridge. I don't know how this happened, but it did, so I'm trying to find some sort of a small hard case for in my purse.

13. Mr-Glass

Mr-Glass Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
    St. Louis Missouri
    Lucky - one of those compact glasses cases (for the chronologically advanced) lol seem to work good as a slim hard case... lol

14. tparganos

tparganos Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 28, 2009
    Might be a stuck switch. I had mine propped up on my night stand and it woke me up was making this gurgling sound. Luckily I got the adapter off before it burned out the atomizer.

15. LuckySevens4U

LuckySevens4U Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2009
    USA
    Well, it only did it that ONE time, so I don't "think" I have a stuck switch. I'm watching it closely. My switch does click all the time on release now, which it did not when I first got it. Yes, know about the small glasses hard case deal, will be looking for one, just haven't had time to go shopping or look much! I kept it in a pocket all day on Friday for a work thing I had to do and it never went off. I made sure it was the only thing I had in that pocket also and was very careful.

16. BrockJ

BrockJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2009
    Dallas, Texas
    If I'm flying or going to be in the car all day I use one of the case logic diabetes cases.
    I first started using one for the prodigy when I was traveling. The slip in the back holds the device quite securely and the pouches have plenty of room for juice, attys, batts, etc...

I think I got mine at CVS or Walgreens for around $16 - $17.

17. Closet Toker

Closet Toker Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2009
    Trempealeau, WI.
    Perhaps a flash light holster would work well also?

18. doots

doots Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 22, 2009
    unscrew the atty a bit when in your pocket. I do that all the time after my pants almost caught fire.. lol It only takes once to learn your lesson..

19. Brian S

Brian S Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2008
    I use a police flashlight holder. It is on my hip at all times.

Brian

20. Remy

Remy Moved On

Sep 24, 2009
    I use a flashlight holder myself,hooks to my belt and I poked a hole in the top for the atty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.