Protege malfunction, what do I need to replce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
Hi guys,

I have a Protege (901 mini, the original version) that never worked right. It was OK because I also had a Prodigy but then I lost the Prodigy and have been using Protege for the last couple of weeks. No matter how much I charge the batteries, clean the unit or replace the atomizer, I cannot produce vapor consistently. It started getting worse lately, no vaapo at all (the unit gets warm though).
I think it is a defective unit to begin with but I love Puresmoker and want to give this Protege another shot. So my question is:

Should I buy a new Protege Mechanical Switch? Or should I buy something else to get it work again?
I am also getting new atomizers anyway to go with my order.

I appreciate your help! Sorry if this sounds dumb, I am not very technical, but I just want to enjoy vaping again.

Also since I have all the accessories for my Prodigy, but lost the actual unit (still have the charger and a lot of batteries and can use same atomizers that I use with Protege), which Prodigy parts do I need to buy to assemble it again?

Thank you all so much!

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
I know, it is so stupid. I keep it in my purse pocket (vertical but open) when I go out and it probably fell out somewhere, most likely at a skating rink :( Probably some kid is going to find it... I freaked out BIG time but I had the Prodigy at home (which I never liked because the switch was so moody). It was a big loss, trust me.... Is there any word when Prodigy v.2 will be available?

vapola

Jul 19, 2009
I also have to say that I have several 510's which suck in comparison, but it is better than nothing. They taste funny too (plastic-y?), unlike Prodigy which had a nice and clean vapor. Oh, I miss it so much. By the way, it fell out many times out of that pocket before but I was always able to find it (in the car or at home). Like I said, it was stupid to keep it there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread