Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete54

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Clearwater, Florida
I've had both (sold my Prodigy V2). The Protege is absolutely the best 3.7v device I've used. Built like a tank. Battery lasts all day. Hits almost as hard as a HV mod and is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. The Prodigy, or any HV mod I've used, is a bit too large to carry around in my pocket.
If you want a go to device to use everywhere you go, the Protege fits the bill. If you want a device that gives you a lot of vapor and throat hit then perhaps a 5 or 6v mod would be the way to go.
Just my 2 cents.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Thanks a lot guys, looks like I'm gonna go with a V2.

Edit to ask ; Is it ok to use carts with it, or do I have to become a dripper?

you will most likely use both methods to get the best outcome or you can just drip. I do both with my 5v devices. I place a few drops in the atty and nothing on the wet filler material. It stay moist without having to drip into it each time you drip.

GregH

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2009
Georgia USA
Thanks a lot guys, looks like I'm gonna go with a V2.

Edit to ask ; Is it ok to use carts with it, or do I have to become a dripper?

Good choice.

I have both, and I'm afraid I'd part with either only if someone pried them from my cold, dead hands.

But if I absolutely positively HAD to choose just one, I would go with the V2.

I agree with Pete: The Protege is the best 3.7v device I've ever used. It's small but packs a punch. But when I opened my V2, it was love at first sight. And then I used it... wow!

To your question about using carts vs dripping: I know PS recommends only dripping. But I don't drip. I tried it once, and it just wasn't for me. I refill my own carts and have with all of my PS mods. I've been very happy with that method. I top off often to make sure the atty stays wet, however.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
<-- also a cartomizer/Atomz user @ 3.7 and ~5v.

Took me a while to discover the Atomz way of doing things but the carefree no refill or drip every few minutes is what I was looking for. I can't have stuff laying around or be dripping constantly at work so the atomz were a breath of fresh blueberry for me.

I'm with Pete, the Protege is great for out and about and is very shirt pocketable.
Hits like a prize fighter and the battery last4 or 5 heavy hours.

The V2 produces huge plumes of vapor, it's stainless steel, feels great in your hand and looks fantastic. I get about 4 or so hours on a set of batts but having to change batts mid day is definately worth the trouble.

I have multiples of both so I can switch up and always have a spare.

You'll enjoy whatever choice you make. Just realize it's a custom mod and there's a little learning curve to something you don't throw away every couple of weeks (cleaning and maintenance).

Johnny 5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Oakville, WA
I've had both (sold my Prodigy V2). The Protege is absolutely the best 3.7v device I've used. Built like a tank. Battery lasts all day. Hits almost as hard as a HV mod and is small enough to fit in a shirt pocket. The Prodigy, or any HV mod I've used, is a bit too large to carry around in my pocket.
If you want a go to device to use everywhere you go, the Protege fits the bill. If you want a device that gives you a lot of vapor and throat hit then perhaps a 5 or 6v mod would be the way to go.
Just my 2 cents.

Ha, ha! Just the opposite here, had both, sold the protege.

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
I have both as well, you'll have a hard time getting my Protege!!!!!

I really enjoy 3.7 nice warm vapor, you can lay on the button if you want (and I do).
Has a really nice feel to it and battery life varies 5-8hrs for me.

I just got my V2, ain't digging it yet. But I have to say this, you cannot lay on this button. I bought a SS tip for it so I can drip. I am in the learning curve phase so take this with a grain of salt.

You will get a lot of vapor and one hell of a throat hit with the V2.

This is one thing I can say for sure with certainty.....I cannot vap the V2 the way I vap the Protege. If you want something to hit all the time (chain vap) I would get the Protege.
If you want something to hit every 5-10-20 minutes I would get the V2.

And with all that said, if you aren't strapped for money and can afford both that is what I would do.

JMO

Maintaining these units are key, I cannot stress that enough take care of the threads and keep her clean.

New_World

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
I have both as well, you'll have a hard time getting my Protege!!!!!

I really enjoy 3.7 nice warm vapor, you can lay on the button if you want (and I do).
Has a really nice feel to it and battery life varies 5-8hrs for me.

I just got my V2, ain't digging it yet. But I have to say this, you cannot lay on this button. I bought a SS tip for it so I can drip. I am in the learning curve phase so take this with a grain of salt.

You will get a lot of vapor and one hell of a throat hit with the V2.

This is one thing I can say for sure with certainty.....I cannot vap the V2 the way I vap the Protege. If you want something to hit all the time (chain vap) I would get the Protege.
If you want something to hit every 5-10-20 minutes I would get the V2.

And with all that said, if you aren't strapped for money and can afford both that is what I would do.

JMO

Maintaining these units are key, I cannot stress that enough take care of the threads and keep her clean.

yep keep it clean.

I use noalox on threads and brasso on contact points.
vapes great. vapor is think. I'm currently hooked on the protege.

get both

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread