Protege vs Prodigy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishman7

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
FT. LAUDERDALE FL
looking to buy a better P/V
i just started trying to quit analogs as i was given a Smoke Anywhere as a gift for x mas rn4081 ??? i think
its helped so far i was at 2 packs a day now i am down to about 10 but i am using carts up rather fast
i feel that this is a good pacifier but

looking for more of the real smoking feeling can you use carts with either one of these ? i think its a bit easier for my to load a few carts for the on the go daily puffing

and which one would better suit me for now also what is the better atty for these

yeah i am new sorry for the stupid questions

i have ordered some e juice from a supplier to re fill my carts

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
At this point just get the Prodigy V2 and have 5v everywhere.
Yes they have the 808 carto adapters for all / both.
Carts love 5v's.

What mg liquid are you using?

Once you find the liquid you like at a mg level that satisifes the crave you won't have a problem walking away from analogs (if you want to).

Even with a PV its still a choice. I put mine down the first day my ecig showed up but I was ready for a change. 2 packs to 10 cigs aint bad for just starting. It's a start.

I'd go V2 and if you like the carts (which is what I use) you'll be a happy camper.

Good luck to you...

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
It is a process. You did not start smoking in a day and the switch will take a little time. Allow yourself a break. I had been smoking tobacco for over 45 years and its been over 7 months now that I have been vap'n exclusively. It took over 4 months for my taste buds to start waking up.

For me none of the e-cigs that look like cigarettes did anything for me. It was not until I discovered the 5 and 6 volt options that vap'n really started satisfying me. But, again, it is a process. Give yourself the time to experiment and fiddle with a couple of different devices and find what works for you.

From my experience, you will have a very positive experience with Puresmoker. Their products are all top notch and their customer service is always above and beyond.

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
I agree with BrockJ, the Prodigy V2 would be a great way to go. The Prodigy V1 got me off of analogs, and I use it regularly with the KR8 carts. I do also use KR8 batteries and a Protege when out in public as the V1 is kinda large and conspicuous, makes stealth vapeing difficult. Ordering a V2 in the coming week I think.

Another advantage with the KR8 adapter on the Protege is that you can also use 901 atomizers on it, and they really like 5v! I make much of my juice and use it for testing before filling KR8 blanks, and at home for dripping. And the kit will come with one 901 you can use.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
if i order the protege what is the best atty adapter and atty to order

i only have 1 cig pv now RN4081 i want the better atty for the new

so far im looking at the Protege with a usb passthru just need to figure out what atty to use and order with it

anybody have a discount code for PS ?

get a 510 or 901.......

Last edited:

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
PureSmoker doesn't typically have discount codes.
All of their stuff is really top notch so it kinda sells itself.

They could mark all their stuff up 10% and then offer codes to those on the forums and just keep the extra cash for those who are not.

That's how most of the others do it. It's like a furniture store offering 50% off. Most furniture stores have a 400% markup anyway :w00t:

As far as the atty to get... That's kinda up to you.
There are probably 20 different atomizers out there and if you asked long enough you could get 20 different opinions. It all boils down to experimentation and finding out what you prefer best. I was a 510 vaper for a long time until I got hooked up with the KR808 cartomizers.
Now that's my main thing. I'll still run a 510 every now and then but 99% of the time it's the Atomz for me.

Last edited:

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I do also use KR8 batteries and a Protege when out in public as the V1 is kinda large and conspicuous, makes stealth vapeing difficult.

Another advantage with the KR8 adapter on the Protege is that you can also use 901 atomizers on it, and they really like 5v! .

Because my male instincts tell me that five is better than three.. I must know where to get these KR8 batteries you speak of.

BrockJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Because my male instincts tell me that five is better than three.. I must know where to get these KR8 batteries you speak of.

KR8's are Cartomizers...
It's the atomizer and the cartridge all in one.

PureSmoker calls them Atomz. You can get them prefilled with a plethora of flavors and nicotine strengths or blank/empty and fill them yourself.

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
I'd also try a blue foam mod to get a little bit more use out your carts before having to refill them. White polyfill jealously holds onto the last drop or two at the bottom of the cart instead of wicking everything. Refilling a 4081 cart is a bit of a PITA compared to a 510 or a 901, so you may as well get all the use out of one that you can.

I personally don't use a slug, etc., etc., but simply cut the blue foam to loosely fit in the cart as the polyfill originally did.

And for me, more vapor and throat hit equals the feeling of smoking a stink stick, so a 5 or 6v device may be in order. I'm fond of my copper with a high voltage 510 atty/cartridge. There's lots of avid (which is a nicer word for 'rabid':D) fans of the chuck, protege and other 'big battery' mods. A good place to look is on you tube for some decent reviews of each.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
KR8's are Cartomizers...
It's the atomizer and the cartridge all in one.

PureSmoker calls them Atomz. You can get them prefilled with a plethora of flavors and nicotine strengths or blank/empty and fill them yourself.

Im confused. I thought she said she was using 5v on a protege with a 901 atomizer with these batteries.

I do also use KR8 batteries and a Protege when out in public as the V1 is kinda large and conspicuous

Its possible I'm misunderstanding, went to bed late, got up early, my brain is oatmeal.

..mmm oatmeal.

Wafflestomper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
I agree with BrockJ, the Prodigy V2 would be a great way to go. The Prodigy V1 got me off of analogs, and I use it regularly with the KR8 carts. I do also use KR8 batteries and a Protege when out in public as the V1 is kinda large and conspicuous, makes stealth vapeing difficult. Ordering a V2 in the coming week I think.

Another advantage with the KR8 adapter on the Protege is that you can also use 901 atomizers on it, and they really like 5v! I make much of my juice and use it for testing before filling KR8 blanks, and at home for dripping. And the kit will come with one 901 you can use.

I think I see where I misread

Let me see if I am getting this:
She sometimes uses the KR8 batteries in public...but she also uses the Protege...I read that as Kr8 batteries in the Protege, not kr8 batteries that go with the cartomizers.

She uses a KR8 adapter on the protege which allows her to use a 901 atomizer that can handle 5v.

I think I understand. I swear, building my computer was easier than this stuff.

I still wonder what batteries are giving her the 5v though.

starbkjrus

Jun 19, 2009
Reston, Virginia, USA
I think I see where I misread

Let me see if I am getting this:
She sometimes uses the KR8 batteries in public...but she also uses the Protege...I read that as Kr8 batteries in the Protege, not kr8 batteries that go with the cartomizers.

She uses a KR8 adapter on the protege which allows her to use a 901 atomizer that can handle 5v.

I think I understand. I swear, building my computer was easier than this stuff.

I still wonder what batteries are giving her the 5v though.

As far as I know the Protege is a 3.7v device only. The Prodigy V1 is 3.7, 5.x and 6 depending on configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread