protovapor xpv

Status
Not open for further replies.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not if u consider their time to remove replace and resolder time is probably about an hour... Not to mention they gotta mark up the connector cause they gotta make a profit or it's not worth their time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 25 is just for the part... 30 to install

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
Protovapor has new boards from evolv... Stuff should be ironed out... And yes I believe the vtc5 is the best option

Thanks for the quick response! I am curious why this mod seems to get less attention than the Vapor Shark and the Vapor Flask? The VS seems to have countless stories of horrible customer service and the VF is $100 more expensive (although you do get dual batteries).

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
Thanks for the quick response! I am curious why this mod seems to get less attention than the Vapor Shark and the Vapor Flask? The VS seems to have countless stories of horrible customer service and the VF is $100 more expensive (although you do get dual batteries).

Yea,there are few reviews of this device and not a lot of people seeking it out so that could be a blessing for all of us who do have them.That would mean we get faster repair service/customer service and quicker delivery times.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I got mine a day or two ago... dna40 XPV
Zero glitches.
It came fully charged and vaping in rotation (chain vape a slew of mods- low nic) the batt really takes a licking and keeps ticking (charge readout finally went down a notch).
I am pleased with how light it is, yet very durable. I have a titanium dripper on it now, and talk about your "point and shoot"... very comfortable in the hand (ergonomic).

:)
Happy Camper

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com

I ordered my xpv 40 on 10/14 and back then it was kinda like a closely guarded secret. /lol Time marches on so to speak and more folks are aware of THE MOD MAKER on steroids. /lol

Reason #1 - They DO NOT provide free review units so of course a lot of reviewers never touch them. No youtube no viral buzz and talkie. Fine with me! /lol

Reason 2 - They are built per order. One by one from your order. A lot of folks want instant gratification.

Reason 3 - This is a function trumps form build so a lot of folks understandably gravitate to the subjectively cooler looking and or smaller 40 mods.

Disclaimer: I have NO skin in the game. I was not asked or compensated in any form to make this post. Their is not enough money in Fort Knox for me to ever evangelize a product which I do not use daily and believe in. And yes I have an early board with the silicone blob fix which works fine.

EDITED for clarity

Thank you! /lol

:)

Last edited:

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I've had my DNA40 Protovapor about a week now. No issues with using the device at all. I am very pleased with it in all respects, save one.

The battery charging takes three times as long as any other device I have. I have the VaporShark, same size battery. I did an experiment and got them both fully charged. Put on as similar attys and builds as I could and used them side by side for half a day. Put them both on chargers and the ProtoVapor took three time as long to return to a full charge as the VS. Anyone have any ideas?

BudmanNC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2013
United States
I've had my DNA40 Protovapor about a week now. No issues with using the device at all. I am very pleased with it in all respects, save one.

The battery charging takes three times as long as any other device I have. I have the VaporShark, same size battery. I did an experiment and got them both fully charged. Put on as similar attys and builds as I could and used them side by side for half a day. Put them both on chargers and the ProtoVapor took three time as long to return to a full charge as the VS. Anyone have any ideas?

Mine charges very slow also. VS uses a higher amp charging board. My VaporSharks charge faster too, although not sure if they are 3 times faster.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx

Vs has a higher mah charger (I think it's 800mah), protovapor uses the standard 500mah board

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina
I am thinking about ordering one in the next few weeks. I have been reading a lot about the bad boards that Evolv received and then shipped out. Is this still going to be an issue or have replacement boards already been substituted. Also, is there a reason not to order the Sony VTC5 battery?

Thanks!
Protovapor has started adding a day or two to their lead times for additional QC checks; I'm hoping it's so they can catch a bad board before sending it out.

IMO, I'm not sure why anyone would opt for anything other than the VTC5, since it's the same price regardless of what battery you pick. I'm kind of surprised they're managing to keep any VTC5's in stock. The market's pretty dry on those right now.

BOOM!

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Protovapor has started adding a day or two to their lead times for additional QC checks; I'm hoping it's so they can catch a bad board before sending it out.

IMO, I'm not sure why anyone would opt for anything other than the VTC5, since it's the same price regardless of what battery you pick. I'm kind of surprised they're managing to keep any VTC5's in stock. The market's pretty dry on those right now.

BOOM!

I think Protovape knew the 40 was due out and kept some of their stock of VTC5s back for it.

midnight_stray

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2012
Austin, Tx
Hits like a train. The wait was painful but worth it. Had a bit of trouble setting up the nickel but i think i got it

Attachments

• 20141115_171959.jpg
    20141115_171959.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 50
Figured I'd stop in and say hello to help pass the time as I wait for my XPV to ship. Ordered on the 8th. Wanted a dna40 device and it was between this and the VS. I've read nothing but good things about the XPV and Protovapor, here and elsewhere, so the choice became pretty easy. Now back to (im)patiently waiting...

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I've never noticed the charge time. But then I only plug it in before I go to bed because it last all day.:)

I got mine fully charged and it lasted a good long time.
Not sure which batt it came with actually, but I did put it on a USB cable to my computer and a few hours brought the batt readout up to what looked like full, but its gone down faster than the first couple of days.

I guess i should have it set up for overnight on a wall -> USB for complete recharge?

edit: as I was writing this post (while taking first vape of the day on my XPV40) the batt readout went up from where it started ! lol so maybe not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread