Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
On a DNA40, I believe that letting it sit overnight will do a real reset. It appears to power itself down after a long enough period of inactivity, something that the DNA20 and DNA30 did not do.

On my unit, after an overnight sitting, I hit the fire button briefly and get the splash screen "Evolv dna 40" and the ohms of my nickel coil is displayed as 0.00 ohms. Then if I fire it, it will then display the ohms of the coil. Does anyone else's dna 40 wake up with 0.00 ohms displayed after sitting overnight?

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
@Rossum - your electronic knowledge is clearly above my pay grade. :) Thanks

In the Evolv PDF at http://evolvapor.com/datasheet/dna40.pdf they list:

Quiescent Current
Power Down Current

Although I don't understand the numbers for each of the above my XPV kinda acts like a reset although my term may not be accurate. Mod sits overnight then click the fire button once to wake it up and see the splash screen Then the battery graphic is not accurate until you fire it. I've never seen 0.00 OHMs but my OHMs is reading at the very lower end of the scale and this makes sense since it's been sitting over night and the Ni coil has cooled down to it's lowest temp.

EuroChris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2014
Norway
I finally received my XPV today after quite some time. It took 2 days short of a month to arrive, and Protovapor was just about to make a claim at USPS for losing it.

After reading this thread and also other comments on this board, I had really high expextations of this mod. I wasn't let down. It feels really nice. The 510 is great. I don't know why, but I expected the mod to be bigger. Pleasantly surprised there. I love the feel of the button.

Tapatalk signature finally entered

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
totally agree; so I got mine as a backup or alternate to my glitch-free Flask40... hell I'm vaping off of 7 - 8 devices anyway lol so although it takes quite a while to charge up, its still a treat.
I'm still loving mine. Only problem i have is the charge time. I'm spoiled by the replaceable batteries in others. Otherwise i love it

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Mine charges at the speed I would expect from usb. I have vaped it to death and have not run out of battery in a day. One exception was when I had a short on a kanthal build....that sucked out some battery so I disconnected it and rebuilt. On nickel I find it very power efficient but then I am running at 410 degrees so it doesn't have to work hard to reach or maintain that temp.

(sent from an alien device which translates English into Klingon without my approval)

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
So... kind of a (relatively) dead thread here ... I'm assuming no news is good news in this case, and in my case as well. I ordered mine on 10/23, received 10/31. I've been using it every day since then with not even a hint of an issue, glitch, etc. The finish is perfect, the build quality is perfect, even with every day constant use, the thing still looks brand new. I know it's more than likely an initial release board ... and working fantastically no matter what I've thrown at it. Whatever they're doing as far as QC at Protovapor is/must be absolutely top notch with a nice long list of all-inclusive tests.

It's still a hidden gem, it seems. Very little chatter about it both here and locally. I am and will continue to be a proud owner of this fantastic device.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I have had mine for about a month or so. No major issues at all. DNA40 screen will get hickupie once in awhile. I just set the device down for several minutes while using other devices. When I return to the protovapor XPV the chip will have reset and all is good again. I have vaped it while screen is crazy & it performs as it should. I just like waiting until screen & chip reset to normal.

Great device. Only issue is it seems to recharge slower than other DNA40's I have. I would also like to be able to easily replace battery myself. I would not get rid of this device for any reason.

cecsystems

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have an Original DNA 20D Protovapor XPV (# 093 I think) and the thing is just beautiful, haven't had a lick of trouble with it (other than intermittent 510/switch stick). I did replace the original 510 connector with a Fat Daddy Vapes floating pin setup... You really need to add a bit of length below the top plate where the 510 connects and the body. I had ordered the clip and had the non-clip trim piece and still needed to add about the thickness of one of those wrist bands (think save the tatas etc...) this also fixed an intermittent switch stick issue that I had due to the original 510 center pin sliding against the switch housing pushing it down slightly. You will also need the longer screws from Protovapor. They will do it for about $25 +/- I paid around $9 for the FDV 510/screws but I like to putter and soldering can be relaxing if you've got the correct mindset going in... Addit: The low profile V4 version of the 510 may be a drop in replacement... YMMV, I did not use that version, I used the V4 Std. kit IIRC.

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
I have had mine for about a month or so. No major issues at all. DNA40 screen will get hickupie once in awhile. I just set the device down for several minutes while using other devices. When I return to the protovapor XPV the chip will have reset and all is good again. I have vaped it while screen is crazy & it performs as it should. I just like waiting until screen & chip reset to normal.

Great device. Only issue is it seems to recharge slower than other DNA40's I have. I would also like to be able to easily replace battery myself. I would not get rid of this device for any reason.

They'll replace it for you.. You should email them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
My story is the same...like Rossum I was leery of the form factor but it arrived and I fell in love with it. It vapes like a champ and hasn't given me a ounce of trouble. I have a VS on the way (when they get around to shipping it) and a VF. I can tell you now that it will be tough to knock this one out as my fav DNA 40.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
My story is the same...like Rossum I was leery of the form factor but it arrived and I fell in love with it. It vapes like a champ and hasn't given me a ounce of trouble. I have a VS on the way (when they get around to shipping it) and a VF. I can tell you now that it will be tough to knock this one out as my fav DNA 40.

When you get your VS, please let us know how it compares to the XPV. I own two VS with the DNA40 on its way and I love them. But....I am always looking to try out new mods. The form factor of the XPV is unique, but would like to hear from someone who has tried it and the VS DNA40. Look forward to your thoughts on the compare...

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
When you get your VS, please let us know how it compares to the XPV. I own two VS with the DNA40 on its way and I love them. But....I am always looking to try out new mods. The form factor of the XPV is unique, but would like to hear from someone who has tried it and the VS DNA40. Look forward to your thoughts on the compare...

Will do. =)

(sent from an alien device which translates English into Klingon without my approval)

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx

I like compact mods... The xpv is not compact it's long and skinny... Also the button isn't a very satisfying click

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread