Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Hi everyone!
Over this wonderful 4th of July, we had family and friends over. My friend who has smoked for over 40 years decided to try and quit after having a stay in the hospital.
I set her up with a new Pico, tank, batteries and 2 bottles of ejuice. We went over everything, discussed dual use, maintenance, charging, battery safety, ect...
talked to her last night and she went from 3 pks a day down to 2 1/2 pks.
This might not be enough for some people, but I’m very happy that’s she’s trying.
I also want to say thank you to everyone that’s helped me and also pointed me in the direction of the great sales for clearance items. Since I was able to stock up, I was able to set her up at no cost to her.
Thanks again to my ECF family!!!

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Well done! I hope it works out for her.
Me too! The doctor told her that they rather see her vape than to smoked. Now she had tried 24 mg before and she said she wanted something stronger, but the shops here only go up to 18mg. So we started off at 30mg. She seems happy and she can lower it as needed.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Hi everyone!
Over this wonderful 4th of July, we had family and friends over. My friend who has smoked for over 40 years decided to try and quit after having a stay in the hospital.
I set her up with a new Pico, tank, batteries and 2 bottles of ejuice. We went over everything, discussed dual use, maintenance, charging, battery safety, ect...
talked to her last night and she went from 3 pks a day down to 2 1/2 pks.
This might not be enough for some people, but I’m very happy that’s she’s trying.
I also want to say thank you to everyone that’s helped me and also pointed me in the direction of the great sales for clearance items. Since I was able to stock up, I was able to set her up at no cost to her.
Thanks again to my ECF family!!!
This is great news! 21/2 from 3 is a good start and we all know you have to start somewhere. That’s 10 less a day. :thumbs:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
This is great news! 21/2 from 3 is a good start and we all know you have to start somewhere. That’s 10 less a day. :thumbs:
I thought so! I didn’t nag her and I actually encouraged her to dual use, because I was kinda of worried about her struggling to quit.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Glad to hear that, those are the people who need vaping the most (and that make me most disgusted at the regulatory obstacles laid in their way).

3 pad is pretty hardcore, maybe she would like to try a WTA liquid?
I asked her and she wanted to try this first. I know she’s been using RYO tobacco, so I don’t know if that’s different from the box packs and cartons.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
You did a really nice thing setting her up like that. Any decrease in smoking is good and half a pack is a lot! I hope she sticks with it. Keep up the encouragement. It helps a lot too.
I am! I just don’t want to nag, because I really hated that when I was trying to quit.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I asked her and she wanted to try this first. I know she’s been using RYO tobacco, so I don’t know if that’s different from the box packs and cartons.

I don't know about the RYO tobacco she is using, but what's sold here at shops, (that I used for the last 1.5 years I smoked), it's actually pipe tobacco. It comes in 3 different blends, and you choose which you want...depending on if you usually smoked full flavor, light, or ultralight regular ciggies.

I was told when I first got interested in it, that it didn't contain the additives regular ciggy tobacco does. Seemed to be true, because within 2 weeks of starting to smoke RYO...my little morning smoker's cough was totally gone. Using them, I was able to get down to 1/2 PAD before I first tried vaping. IMO, for me anyway...switching to them first was a definite help in my being able to switch to vaping. So that may be a reason your friend is having early success in cutting back, too, while she's vaping.

You're a very good friend to help her out, and I'm sure she really appreciates it. :wub:

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I don't know about the RYO tobacco she is using, but what's sold here at shops, (that I used for the last 1.5 years I smoked), it's actually pipe tobacco. It comes in 3 different blends, and you choose which you want...depending on if you usually smoked full flavor, light, or ultralight regular ciggies.

I was told when I first got interested in it, that it didn't contain the additives regular ciggy tobacco does. Seemed to be true, because within 2 weeks of starting to smoke RYO...my little morning smoker's cough was totally gone. Using them, I was able to get down to 1/2 PAD before I first tried vaping. IMO, for me anyway...switching to them first was a definite help in my being able to switch to vaping. So that may be a reason your friend is having early success in cutting back, too, while she's vaping.

You're a very good friend to help her out, and I'm sure she really appreciates it. :wub:
Thank you! I didn’t know if the RYO kind needed the WTA, I told her we could get some if she feels the need for it.
It seems like when WTA is mention, most seem to be coming from big tobacco. So it seems to me it’s harder to come off them than RYO.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I thought so! I didn’t nag her and I actually encouraged her to dual use, because I was kinda of worried about her struggling to quit.
Lots of people have been successful quitting as dual users, myself included. It definitely can help with the struggling. Course everyone is different. :) She is very lucky to have such a good friend to help her with the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread