Proud new owner of a Provari, have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Rawl

Verified Member
Hello fellow Provari owners,
I just recieved mine Friday and it has been working great all weekend. Though starting today I've been having a small issue. When I replaced the IMR 18650 battery, the device would not turn on. The button light would sort of fade on and off and the display would not turn on. After taking the battery out and replacing it a few times, it started working again perfectly. Interestingly, there were no error codes. I just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this issue and if it's something that will get worse. Thanks for any advice.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
Mine has done something like that a couple of times, but it's been when I mistakenly put a drained battery in, instead of a charged battery. It wouldn't fire and when I hit the buttons to get the display (to check the atty and battery) it wouldn't display anything.

I'm going to back up the suggestion above - check the contacts. Maybe there's something on them that was keeping you from getting a good, solid connection for power flow.

Master Rawl

Verified Member
Thanks for the tips. I've cleaned the contacts and so far so good. I was using a Ultrafire 18650 before I put the AW back in. As I did that, I noticed the Ultrafire is a little longer than the AW. That made me worry that maybe I pushed the contact up a tad with the longer battery. After looking inside I realized that shouldn't happen, being that the build quality in there looks tough enough to handle a bit of pressure. I hope it was just some left over particles on the positive contact from the manufacturing process.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
The trustfire that works for me is the TR 2400mah. i had 4 of them and they worked in the provari no problems. on the battery it does say "high discharge rate". The Trustfire TR and AW's both work vey well in the Provari....The Trustfire has a small 1mm gap when in the Provari because the battery is slightly longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread