Not open for further replies.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Congrats wfarrar! :toast:

My SSGGTS should be arriving tomorrow or Tue. I was browsing the GGTS accessories page on the COV website and I have some questions for all of you since this is my first GG purchase... Hope you don't mind me asking here rather than starting a new thread.

There are two types of replacement button spring, type A and B. Which one comes standard with the SSGGTS?

Also, how many of you prefer using the Magnetic Button upgrade?

Another accessories available is the GGTS Fuse Protection Upgrade. Is this something that already comes standard on the SSGGTS, and if not, is this a necessary component to get the most from this PV? If it comes stock, I assume it would be wise to order the GGTS Fuse 3 Replacement Springs to have spares in case of a short?

What about GGTS Replacement Battery Spring? I assume this is different than the fuse spring...

And lastly, how often do you replace o-rings on your GGTS?

I just want to make sure to understand everything I may need and I appreciate your help. :thumbs:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
1.On the button springs type 1 is easy press type 2 is harder press not sure which comes stock but if you like an easy button press get type 1 hard type 2.

2. Imeo's magnet supplier is no longer supplying magnets to Imeo so there isn't really solid info as to when they will become available. There are some alternative magnets but they are slightly larger then spec and may wear away at the button housing.

3. Fuse Protection kit. Unless things have changed I believe this is an optional addon. It is not necessary to get the most from the GGTS it is an extra measure of protection from battery explosion/failure.

4. Yes the battery spring is different then the fuse spring. It is the spring illistrated in Diagram 5 Item 4 on page 7 of the users manual.

5. Sorry can't help there I havn't had to replace any o-rings yet but I have only had my gg's for 3 months or less.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Welcome Vaporologist - I use the fuse upgrade in all three of my GGTS, 2 springs go in it. Added protection and much better feel for battery contact w/upper post. I feel they are necessary. Thats my opinion though. O rings should last a long time if lubricated, follow Imeo's video and you will have no problems.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It has a fuse role fright. I dont like srings, their contactivity sucks. Torches lose their contact always because of the springs. If battery spring wouldnt work as a fuse in a way, I wouldnt put it on GGTS. The less springs the better the contactivity. Thats why I didnt put any springs on the VV module. Especially the small ones are rubish
I don't use the fuse protector kit. The stock spring does not act as a fuse. I believe it is used to be a softer contact on the negative post.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Welcome Vaporologist - I use the fuse upgrade in all three of my GGTS, 2 springs go in it. Added protection and much better feel for battery contact w/upper post. I feel they are necessary. Thats my opinion though. O rings should last a long time if lubricated, follow Imeo's video and you will have no problems.

Thanks a lot buddy! :thumbs:

What do you mean by "much better feel for battery contact w/ upper post"? How is it different than with the stock spring? Thanks...

Edit: Btw, do you know which spring comes stock with the SSGGTS, the softer or the harder one? I'd like to try both and need to know which one to order to have both...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread