Proud owner of a shiney new Triton

Status
Not open for further replies.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
I couldn't be happier than when my new Triton showed up in the mail today. I'd seen it on video but I was impressed with it's relatively compact size. It does produce an unbeatable flavor with the Halo Tribeca liquid I've been using. Also, while it produces a more generous cloud of vapor than other products I use, it isn't so overwhelming that it would be distracting in a room with other people trying to talk or watch TV.

It is pretty much perfect for me. I'm not an expert like some of you guys, so I'm sure there are cons to this system, but as my second step up the ladder from Walmart e-cigs, I have to say, I'm pretty damn happy.

Wes

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Glad to hear you stepped up to the triton! The halons (Halo users) here are fantastic! I've seen them help a bunch of new users, myself included. Ask us anything, we're here to help.

Please, enjoy the complimentary donuts!

sent from galaxy tab 3 using tapatalk

These donuts are freaking delicious, thank you!

I guess my only questions would relate to "upgrades". While I'm thrilled with this system, eventually it might be interesting to explore things you can do with a Triton. I've got the 650 mah battery on it right now, does Halo offer other compatible batteries that have any real value? What about the tank? It's working swimmingly now, but eventually it will give me issues, I'm sure, so can you buy replacements from Halo? How much are they? Do they offer a model that is somehow "better" that works with the Triton battery?

Thanks for being so helpful.

Wes

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
Welcome Wes!

It's great to have you with us.

I remember the day I received my Triton in the mail and how beautiful I thought it all was.

Had been using a set up from our local smoke shop which was just an Ego style battery and a disposable tank and a USB charger.

If I remember correctly, it cost like $38.00 which made me realize what a bargain the Halo Triton is considering you get the two batteries, two tanks, USB charger and wall charger plus the 10ml of juice.

Of course the quality and flavor of the Triton blew that setup out of the water but I was able to fully appreciate how good the Triton really was.

Have had mine for a little over 3 months and still love it.

I feel so much better physically since I started vaping.

Remember how amazed I was to find that I could take really deep breaths where I couldn't before.

I sleep better and I think it is because I breathe better.

Thought I would vape long enough to get me off the analogs and then look at getting off the Vapetrain, but I love it so much and have made so many good friends here, I don't see that happening for a good while.

There are so many wonderful people here who can help you with any questions you might have so don't be afraid to ask.

If you ever have a question and don't want to share it with everyone on the Forum, you can PM any of the regulars(myself included) and they will be happy to help.

We all have alot of fun on here and I know you will too.

Welcome to the Forum.

You are now officially a Halon!

Cindy

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
The Halo website has everything you'll ever need for your triton. Coils, tanks, batteries, juice, even t shirts. Once you get familiar with what you have, look into getting a variable voltage (vv) battery. With that you can change the voltage the coil gets, making it burn hotter or cooler. Definitely invest in some Coils and tanks. The tanks will last if you treat them right, the Coils will eventually get so dirty you'll need to replace them.

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
Welcome to the Forum.

You are now officially a Halon!

Cindy

WOOT! That's a label I am proud to wear.

I started off being thrilled with their top quality liquid. However, I was using a local B&M supplied Ego style unit as well. Sounds practically identical to the one you got: One battery (I'm guessing a 450 mah), one cheap disposable tank that started breaking the second time I filled it and leaks like the Titanic three hours post-iceberg, and a USB charger.

I got to thinking that if Halo makes such damn fine liquid, their hardware is certainly optimized for it. I have to say, I think I was right.

Wes

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
The Halo website has everything you'll ever need for your triton. Coils, tanks, batteries, juice, even t shirts. Once you get familiar with what you have, look into getting a variable voltage (vv) battery. With that you can change the voltage the coil gets, making it burn hotter or cooler. Definitely invest in some Coils and tanks. The tanks will last if you treat them right, the Coils will eventually get so dirty you'll need to replace them.

Could you give me your worst-case estimate of how many weeks/months I can expect out of a single tank and coil respectively? By worst-case, I just want to be prepared. I'm certainly not the heaviest vaper in the world, but I am probably on the high side.

Wes

Aviationrich

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2013
Amarillo
That could hard to do, it depends on what you put in the tank. Lighter colored flavors won't gunk up as fast as the darker ones. If you clean the tank (I'd say maybe once a week) it should last awhile. The coil is almost the same. I would say the wicks in them would break apart before the actual coil would. I got my triton in November and I only changed one coil from the original ones that were in it. I've bought tanks that leaked off halos site. It happens, I'm not sure if their return policy covers the tanks, but for 8 bucks a tank and coil, it's not that bad. Yeah, if you buy a new tank they all have a coil that Comes with it.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Could you give me your worst-case estimate of how many weeks/months I can expect out of a single tank and coil respectively? By worst-case, I just want to be prepared. I'm certainly not the heaviest vaper in the world, but I am probably on the high side.

Wes

Some here have had their tanks for months. Worst case is you crack it. But with weekly cleaning they should last you a good long while. Of course darker stronger juice etc can effect this. All you need are the replacement tank coil heads, there are 5 in a pack that cost $12.50. Also cartomizers and the mini tanks fit the Triton battery too!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
I guess my only questions would relate to "upgrades". While I'm thrilled with this system, eventually it might be interesting to explore things you can do with a Triton. I've got the 650 mah battery on it right now, does Halo offer other compatible batteries that have any real value? What about the tank? It's working swimmingly now, but eventually it will give me issues, I'm sure, so can you buy replacements from Halo? How much are they? Do they offer a model that is somehow "better" that works with the Triton battery?

Thanks for being so helpful.

Wes

The best upgrade to the Triton is this. Wander around the other parts of ecf, like APV discussion, or General. Read about all the equipmen people buy trying to improve their vape. And all the problems with leaks, shorts, cracks, gurgles, poor vape, no parts, etc.

Occasionally, they find Triton or go back to Triton.

Smile. They have saved you a lot of time effort and money. IMHO.

Get at least 3 or 4 tanks. I get only the standard replacement coils, 2.2-2.4

And after a while, the Variable Volt battery is great. That's really the only upgrade, other than batts that last longer. But my 650 lasts all day, so it's big enough.

Halo hinted that they MIGHT be releasing some more hardware. So until then, chill, vape, explore flavors, and get into the Nation of Halo.

We are Halon!!!

and guess what?

So are you!!!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
WOOT! That's a label I am proud to wear.

I started off being thrilled with their top quality liquid. However, I was using a local B&M supplied Ego style unit as well. Sounds practically identical to the one you got: One battery (I'm guessing a 450 mah), one cheap disposable tank that started breaking the second time I filled it and leaks like the Titanic three hours post-iceberg, and a USB charger.

I got to thinking that if Halo makes such damn fine liquid, their hardware is certainly optimized for it. I have to say, I think I was right.

Wes

Correct. Absolutely. Halo hardware is designed to vape Halo eliquids better than any other device. And Halo eliquids are designed to work great in Halo gear. (sort of like apple products work best with appple stuff)

Wes
Tanks last a long time, unless you drop it and crack it,
Coils? Worst case is vaping VooDoo without a rinse. 3 or 4 tankfuls, and that wick/coil will be gunky. I try to rinse any coil in most any flavor after 3 or 4 refills.

But torque seems to go a long time. Clear goes long, the darker the juice, the more ya gotta rinse.

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
I have 14 tanks now and 4 of them are a little over 3 months old.

Since I have started rotating tanks during the day my coils really last.

I have a coil in one of my tanks that has been in there since 10/30!

Clean my tanks once a week unless it has the dark juice in it and in that case I top it off 2 or 3 times and then clean and refill.

I write on my tank with a black sharpie, what juice is in the tank and what date I replaced the coil.

When I change a coil or a flavor, I just use a little eyeglass cleaner and give it a little scrape with my nail and then a paper towel takes it right off.

Right now, I have 9 tanks filled with various juices and when I am ready to vape (just like when I would have had an analog) I take a few draws off each tank and that way even if I go back for a second round, the coils have plenty of time to cool down. I think it puts less stress on the coil.

I rotate batteries as well.

Once in a while you may get a bead of juice on your battery so be sure to inspect each time you change a tank out and clean with a paper towel. Be sure to take a corner of the towel and roll it into a point to get into the channel around the center pin.

You will find a routine that works for you, just thought I would share mine if anything would be helpful to you.

Please feel free to PM me anytime you need something.

So many of the wonderful people here have helped me when I needed it so I want Pay it Forward as much as I can.

Cindy

weskeene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Quincy, IL
I won't quote the several good replies I've gotten but just summarize. Firstly, thank you. Secondly, let me make sure I understand:

I use Tribeca, and plan to stick with it for a while, am I safe to assume that's a fairly light/clear liquid? It doesn't look dark to me.

Tanks rarely need replacing unless dropped, cracked, or otherwise damaged. Maybe once a week I should plan on cleaning the tank I use. So I would guess that means finishing off the liquid in it, then remove the coil and clean both in some sort of alcohol. Will isopropyl work, or do I really need to go buy lousy Vodka? I assume you probably rinse both parts with water and then set them in a jar of some kind swimming in alcohol for a few hours, then allow them to dry. Is that right?

Also, I should expect that even if I keep things clean that while the tank may last a very long time, the coils will only make it through about four tankfuls? That doesn't seem like much. I should probably order a new set of coils right away if that is the case. Maybe two sets. :)

I'll buy some extra coils and a couple extra tanks next time I order a mega batch of liquid. They seem pretty cheap.

I love this thing. I think the only thing that makes vaping better is reading about vaping and watching other people vape. What an awesome community this is! The fact that a gal with Alyssa Milano for an avatar is replying is just icing on the cake.

Wes

Last edited:

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
The Tribeca is good, it's just the darker liquids tend to leave residue on the coils quicker.

I haven't thrown a tank away yet, they are durable.

Since I started the routine(see my previous post) I now use, my coils last a long time.

I have one in a tank that I replaced on 10/30, more than 2 months ago.

Seems like the norm is probably 4-6 weeks but it does depend on the juice you use and how much stress you are putting on the coil.

Mine last longer now I think because in between tanks, the coils have a chance to rest and cool down.

But you always want to have plenty of extra coils on hand just in case.

And extra tanks.

I am building up my tank collection slowly.

I even got a few mini tanks when they were on sale recently.

They are really good for tasting new juice before you commit to filling a Triton tank.

Anything else I can help with, just ask!

Cindy

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
Forgot, when I clean, I take the coil out and assess.

Some need a good rinse under warm water and some need a bath(soak) in warm water.

If they are really gunky, get your water really hot and soak.

Personally I have never had to use Vodka or alcohol yet.

Not sure if you can use regular alcohol or not.

Thought someone said you can't but I'm not sure.

Be sure and take the rubber thingy off the top of the coil assembly before you wash the rest of it.

Then I take my tank, put a papertowel at the bottom where the connector is and blow thru the other end to get any remaining water out.

Then take my coil assembly with the wicks and put into a towel and gently squeeze any remaining water out of it.

Dry out inside of rubber thingy and drip tip.

Then I set it all in front of a fan and after about an hour it is all ready to go again.

That's my routine.

Cindy

PS...Be sure and put rubber thingy back on coil assembly and when your coils need replacing, keep the rubber thingy because if you lose one down the sink when cleaning, you will have extras. I also keep the wicks if they aren't in terrible condition so that if one of my wicks gets terribly frayed or I get a tank with no flavor wick(happened to me once) I have an extra.

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
Oh Diva is so correct!

Sometimes we get a little carried away on here.

But really, we have alot of fun!

We have such a great vibe here.

It feels like you are with your best friend that you've known since grade school.

You know the one you can text, call, or email about anything and they are always there with a word of encouragement and a helping hand.

Diva is a gem!

Cindy

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
Oh Diva is so correct!

Sometimes we get a little carried away on here.

But really, we have alot of fun!

We have such a great vibe here.

It feels like you are with your best friend that you've known since grade school.

You know the one you can text, call, or email about anything and they are always there with a word of encouragement and a helping hand.

Diva is a gem!

Cindy

Aw shucks Cindy, Ya shouldn't have....but I'm so glad that ya did! :)

Just want you to know Cindy, I'm sending good thoughts to you and yours, and here's a big Halon Hug!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread