Provari and Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottinSoCal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
ProVari Nirvana
I have 3000mah batteries coming and hope they work better.

There's a thread somewhere in here about it, but don't be surprised if they're no better (or don't work at all, depending on your settings).

The ProVari has a protection circuit to protect your atty/carto, the battery and the ProVari. If it senses a voltage dip because power is being drawn out faster than the battery can supply it, it'll shut off. Most batteries can't supply power fast enough to meet the requirements if you're using a combination of low resistance and high voltage. Granted, 3 ohms isn't low, but if you're setting the power to 5.5 volts, you're still drawing nearly 2 amps out of the battery - that's most than most can cough up. They selected the AW IMR because it can keep up.

beezer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
The VooDoo Lounge
There's a thread somewhere in here about it, but don't be surprised if they're no better (or don't work at all, depending on your settings).

The ProVari has a protection circuit to protect your atty/carto, the battery and the ProVari. If it senses a voltage dip because power is being drawn out faster than the battery can supply it, it'll shut off. Most batteries can't supply power fast enough to meet the requirements if you're using a combination of low resistance and high voltage. Granted, 3 ohms isn't low, but if you're setting the power to 5.5 volts, you're still drawing nearly 2 amps out of the battery - that's most than most can cough up. They selected the AW IMR because it can keep up.

Thank you for the explanation Scott. I appreciate that. I'm just a guy that has a computer, looks for deals on eBay for items I want, and am new to vaping. I'll try the 3.0 and hope they work and then I guess the next move would be to buy HR cartos or a flashlight (from eBay) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread