ProVari and SvoeMaesto

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Finally the moment I've been waiting for - I just broke down and bought a KFL+. And I was wondering, has anyone had any issues with it mounting on a ProVari? Will I need to pick up a beauty ring for it? It looks to be about the same size as my Aerotank so I didn't pick up a ring for it. Also ordered it from C9V - since they are the ONLY ones that had it in stock and was wondering about how long (since they are in the UK) will I probably be waiting until it finally gets here? Also how's the service over there at C9V? I read it's a pretty good place to get your "hard-to-get" vaping supplies from since they seem to always have the stuff in stock.

I'm kind of nervous now - did I mess something up and forget to purchase a ring for my PV and KFL+? Aesthetically speaking I'm not too worried, but if there's a massive amount of overhang, and the device just feels "off" too me, then I may be a bit irritated. Anyone have a full sized ProVari with a kayfun Lite or Lite+ mounted on it? With and without the kayfun ring? How does it look / feel.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
The Kayfun series is a 22mm tank and will be flush with the body of your provari, not the top of your top cap. If are a stickler for looks and need it to be flush, then you need a beauty ring. If looks aren't so much of an issue for you, don't bother. I just got the polished GRmodders matching provari ring ($37 shipped!) and it looks super nice albeit, expensive

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Personal choice. I don't like the look on a ProVari without a ProRing...not just my KFL+ but any 22mm/23mm tapper that doesn't have a built in ProRing. My KirF PS and SnP does, but I have many others that don't. So I have separate Pro Rings for all of my ProVari's just like I have extension caps for all of them. Was a bite to buy 5 of each maybe, but it was a one time bite for each of them.

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
My KFL+ doesn't sit flush with my Provari, there is a bit of a gap - I'm actually worried its pushed my center pin down a bit. I don't have a ring for it yet, I'm hoping to get one soon

Good luck pushing the center pin down, Provari's are tanks, but we know that =]. If you did, Provape will take care of it for ya!

The Russian 91 has an adjustable pin, which is super nice so you can flush mount it

illthiest

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
Atlanta
will the kafun lite plus work with the hippo? i have a kayfun clone at the moment and i tried using the hippo with the kayfun clone and i couldnt get it to screw all the way down and sit flush. I dont know if this is because its a clone but i have a real kayfun lite plus on the way and im worried it wont sit flush with the hippo.

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
will the kafun lite plus work with the hippo? i have a kayfun clone at the moment and i tried using the hippo with the kayfun clone and i couldnt get it to screw all the way down and sit flush. I dont know if this is because its a clone but i have a real kayfun lite plus on the way and im worried it wont sit flush with the hippo.

I've got the hippo and it fits perfectly. No problems whatsoever

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy

I don't know if this makes a difference but what version of the Hippo do you have?

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Say10

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2014
Chicago
i believe the v2. i just ordered the brass hippo and twins and kayfun lite plus. Will i have any problems?

Maybe a hair gap in there image.jpg

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
i believe the v2. i just ordered the brass hippo and twins and kayfun lite plus. Will i have any problems?

I don't have the twins but here's a pic of hippo v2 & kfl

20140205_174830_20140205_174906_zpsphqpdixz.jpg

Edit to add I have both rings. It'll look the same with either one.

20140131_132330_20140131_132347_zpsubbbwr60.jpg

Sent from a BIG phone.....Galaxy Note 3

Last edited:

Seann.V91

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2013
Plano, TX
Where did you buy a KFL???
And yes I do believe if there was a ring on your provari and you stacked your KFL onto it it would keep it from bending (pockets or other accidental force to bend the connection) but that's just me! I'm sure you're fine without it but I too feel that way when I have a tank on mine and without a ring. I'm also sure the steel the KFL is made out of is strong German and Russian steel is tough and durable so I don't think it'd be easy for the 510 connection on it will bend while applied onto your device. BUT find a ring anyways, just to get that "what if thought" away and most of us personally prefer a fully flush device anyways. That being said I would just like to mention that German, Russian, American and Japanese and Swiss steel is the most durable out of the other countries : China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Phillipines (decent, but not durable) etc. So IN CASE you make further purchases on future products that contain steel just know that russian, German, American, Swiss, and japanese steel won't let you down..best bang for your buck IMO all my kitchen knives are made from Japan (Fuji shun) and it's just as sharp as it was 3 years ago. Provari is one of the best device I've had that had contain steel (very durable,possibly industructive) And etc etc OK BYE NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread