Not open for further replies.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I have read the maintenance of the provari on Provape's site but still have a question after reading other threads. The Noalox is to be put sparingly on the threads of the provari but do I also put a small smear on the pos and neg ends of the battery as well? Is it necessary to put on the spring as well? Thanks in advance for all responses!! Just bought a bottle today at Lowes and ready to use, lol

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Only on the threads. Only a little bit there. I put a drop on the male, and a drop on the female AFTER cleaning both with 99% Isopropyl. I spread the drop with a Q-tip and let her go. I do the Noalox Monthly. As to cleaning the spring and the positive terminal with the 99%, I do that weekly. Just use a Q-tip, and you don't need much alcohol. If you use the 99% the residue comes right off. Lesser concentrations are not effective, in my book.

Just a Lion's version of the method. But I am certain that the Noalox does not belong on the positive terminal and the spring.

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
Only on the threads. Only a little bit there. I put a drop on the male, and a drop on the female AFTER cleaning both with 99% Isopropyl. I spread the drop with a Q-tip and let her go. I do the Noalox Monthly. As to cleaning the spring and the positive terminal with the 99%, I do that weekly. Just use a Q-tip, and you don't need much alcohol. If you use the 99% the residue comes right off. Lesser concentrations are not effective, in my book.

Just a Lion's version of the method. But I am certain that the Noalox does not belong on the positive terminal and the spring.

I think I understand your answer, let me clarify...Noalox is and stands for "No Aluminum Oxide" and does conduct electricity in fact enhances it--that was to address a reply above-- so you do put a dab on the battery itself just not on the spring or the pos contact up in the unit, correct?

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Just to clarify using noalox, how many drops do you put on the threads were the bottom screws in? Do you just put it on a small section of the threads and screw on or do you apply it all around? Does it dry out by its self or do I need to wipe it out?

Also, would I put noalox on the the threads where the 510 connection is? If so, how do I apply?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to make sure I do this right.

Thank you

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Noaloxx is an anti-oxidant. It protects bare metal against oxidation and removes the oxidation that occurs on the bare metal threads. Oxidation occurs to bare metal when exposed to oxygen; essentially the same process as rust occuring on bare metal.

Failure to use an anti-oxidant on a routine basis can allow oxidation to build up on the bare metal in the threads, and if excessive could result in "locking up" of the battery cap on the Provari.

Allowing oxidation and dirt to accumulate in the threading can result in electrical issues with the Provari, as the cap and body are part of the electrical circuit. Some error codes or a flashing low battery light (with a fully charged battery) can often be solved by doing a cleaning of the threads of the battery cap.

I've not read where Noaloxx actually itself improves electrical conduction, and don't suggest using it on the battery contacts, the batteries, hot spring, nor top connector pin. Only use the highest % isopropyl alcohol you can find to clean those.

A little bit of Noaloxx goes a long way. A Qtip full is plenty. I smear it on the cap threads, apply the cap on the Provari, and work the Noaloxx in by twisting the cap back and forth. Then take a paper towel and remove the excess. A little bit of Noaloxx left behind that is in the threads is fine to leave there.

Last edited:

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Of course, the Psalm ProVari shall be spoken during the purification...

"The ProVari is my PV,
I shall not worry,
He maketh me to lay down my Vamo, He leadeth me to smooth vapes.

He restoreth my voltage, His output does not wane as the battery drains.

Yea though I have no variable wattage I shall fear no eVic: for Thou art with me; Thy weight and construction quality they comfort me.

Thou preparest 99% Isopropyl alcohol for me in the prescence of my enemies, thou annointest my threads with Noalox; my warranty runneth over.

Surely good vapes and first-rate service shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell with the ProVarinati forever."

Tapped out

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
That was perfect.

Of course, the Psalm ProVari shall be spoken during the purification...

"The ProVari is my PV,
I shall not worry,
He maketh me to lay down my Vamo, He leadeth me to smooth vapes.

He restoreth my voltage, His output does not wane as the battery drains.

Yea though I have no variable wattage I shall fear no eVic: for Thou art with me; Thy weight and construction quality they comfort me.

Thou preparest 99% Isopropyl alcohol for me in the prescence of my enemies, thou annointest my threads with Noalox; my warranty runneth over.

Surely good vapes and first-rate service shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell with the ProVarinati forever."

Tapped out

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA

EddardinWinter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Speaking of Batteries, my XTAR VP-1 arrived today. It is a very nice charger. Simple, easy to switch the amp level for charging, and the display is very cool and spot on with my fluke 333.

IMAG0726_1_1_zps691e1745.jpg

Tapped out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread