Provari dying need new mod fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
I have been using Provari for years but they are out of business. I have also been using carto/tanks for years but down to last two.

I see in another thread people are liking jackaroo and something from innokin adept and also saw aegis solo. I am lost when it comes to tanks. I don't know what will be easy to use.

I need easy to use and changeable batteries hopefully so I can charge batteries and take them with me.

I just want to vape and I want straightforward to use. I quit smoking years ago and I am happy vaping.

Help please so I can order today!

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
If you want to stick with the Provari form factor, look at the Ehpro Mod 101. It's a single battery tube mod that can be configured to run 18350, 18500, and 18650. It maxes out at 50 watts, and has a single button, much like the Provari, that will - with various button clicks - take you through a fairly complete suite of features and functions.

If you're wanting to step up to a box, then, yeah, the Jackaroo is quite nice. But, get ready for a huge change in the way you carry your mod. It's MUCH larger and heavier than a Provari. A little lighter and just about as durable is the Geekvape Aegis Solo.

I'd stay away from the Innokin Adept. It's a fine device (as are most all Innokin devices), but it has an internal battery... means it'll slowly degrade over time until it's a paperweight. The others I've mentioned use replaceable cells, and, with proper care, will last a lot longer.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
If you want to stick with the Provari form factor, look at the Ehpro Mod 101.

Like the aesthetics of the Ehpro 101 – the poor mans Dicodes (in looks). They have introduced the Mod 101 Pro which allows for a 2x700 cell and up to 75 watts. Little larger (obviously) but might be more widely available.

And if cost is not a factor but wishing to stick with a tube style device, Dicodes in another option.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
If you want to stick with the Provari form factor, look at the Ehpro Mod 101. It's a single battery tube mod that can be configured to run 18350, 18500, and 18650. It maxes out at 50 watts, and has a single button, much like the Provari, that will - with various button clicks - take you through a fairly complete suite of features and functions.

If you're wanting to step up to a box, then, yeah, the Jackaroo is quite nice. But, get ready for a huge change in the way you carry your mod. It's MUCH larger and heavier than a Provari. A little lighter and just about as durable is the Geekvape Aegis Solo.

I'd stay away from the Innokin Adept. It's a fine device (as are most all Innokin devices), but it has an internal battery... means it'll slowly degrade over time until it's a paperweight. The others I've mentioned use replaceable cells, and, with proper care, will last a lot longer.

I want to take extra batteries for camping/horseback riding so external/removable batteries are best.

There is a confusing array of tanks available for the jacaroo kit and the Solo kit.

FreeMax Fireluke Mesh
Aspire Cleito
Aspire Nautilus
Innoking I sub-B tank

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I want to take extra batteries for camping/horseback riding so external/removable batteries are best.

There is a confusing array of tanks available for the jacaroo kit and the Solo kit.

FreeMax Fireluke Mesh
Aspire Cleito
Aspire Nautilus
Innoking I sub-B tank
IMO,
Skip a "kit" if it includes a DTL tank. Just get the device.
The Nautilus is the only MTL/ carto-tank like option on the list.
You may want to consider an innokin Zenith or zlide as your tank choice.
If you have been using a provari with button top batteries, you will need to buy new 15-20Amp flat top batteries for the devices on the market today.

Cheers
I

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
IMO,
If you have been using a provari with button top batteries, you will need to buy new 15-20Amp flat top batteries for the devices on the market today.

Cheers
I

Agree – a kit is only beneficial if the tank works for you. Buying the mod and tank separately, although maybe more expensive, does allow more freedom of choice.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
IMO,

Cheers
I

Yes, it looks like I will have to get batteries which is fine.

So the Jackaroo looks good but now I have to select a tank. Mmmm...just want to vape and don't really understand all these letters of DTL and MTL. I know, I am a dork :) I will look at the Zenith and the zlike.
You could also contact Bill at provarirepair@gmail.com

You could also contact Bill at provarirepair@gmail.com

I thought Provari was out of business.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Thanks. I have like 8 Provaris but they are dying so I might contact him.

In the meantime I think I will purchase the Jacaroo with the Nautilus tank.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me.

I've been using Nautilus tanks for a long time and still like them. Can't go far wrong.

You can get an alternative top called a cage tank. It's glass surrounded by a metal grill. One problem with the regular Nautilus glass tank is they are really easy to break if you drop them. If you want to try that you can buy the base and a cage tank top for about the same price as a complete tank. That's what I did.

One more thought about Nautilus. You have to buy the coil heads. With all the regs going around it's possible they might not be available down the road. Have you thought about RDA's. With them you make your own coils so you aren't dependent on being able to buy stuff.

Although, rereading your post maybe you are buying the Jacaroo and Nautilus as a kit, in which case you will probably be getting one of the newer model Nautilus.

• Agree

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Thanks. I have like 8 Provaris but they are dying so I might contact him.

In the meantime I think I will purchase the Jacaroo with the Nautilus tank.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me.

Just curious since I have several Provaris myself. What is going wrong with them?

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
The Vaporesso Gen mod has this little pulse option that I swear gives you that vape only a provari can give.

Interesting, I will look at that.
Just curious since I have several Provaris myself. What is going wrong with them?

I am getting some E4 errors on some of them. I just fixed one with an E1 error code by getting a new carto. still, I think I need to move on and find something new. I have been using carto tanks and Provaris since 2012.
I've been using Nautilus tanks for a long time and still like them. Can't go far wrong.

You can get an alternative top called a cage tank. It's glass surrounded by a metal grill. One problem with the regular Nautilus glass tank is they are really easy to break if you drop them. If you want to try that you can buy the base and a cage tank top for about the same price as a complete tank. That's what I did.

One more thought about Nautilus. You have to buy the coil heads. With all the regs going around it's possible they might not be available down the road. Have you thought about RDA's. With them you make your own coils so you aren't dependent on being able to buy stuff.

Although, rereading your post maybe you are buying the Jacaroo and Nautilus as a kit, in which case you will probably be getting one of the newer model Nautilus.

Thanks, I will definitely look into the cage tank. I got the Jacaroo kit with whatever tank they have and a Nautilus tank separately. I have been using giant plexiglass tanks for years with cartos but I am down to 2 tanks and I really need to try to step up to the newer tank things, I think.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

I am getting some E4 errors on some of them. I just fixed one with an E1 error code by getting a new carto. still, I think I need to move on and find something new. I have been using carto tanks and Provaris since 2012.

Thanks, I will definitely look into the cage tank. I got the Jacaroo kit with whatever tank they have and a Nautilus tank separately. I have been using giant plexiglass tanks for years with cartos but I am down to 2 tanks and I really need to try to step up to the newer tank things, I think.
    Good choice with the nautilus. Look at the Zenith also.

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana

It's harder to find parts for the original Nautilus these days but they are still around. Aspire in China has all the parts. Evape has the cage tank. You can get a base for $10, $4 shipping. They have drip tips for $1 and spare rubber seals and so forth. Cage tank $8 from Evape, don't know shipping cost. That's cheaper than buying a complete tank. And if you buy a complete tank then you have to get a cage tank in addition.

That's how I did it. I got several bases, cage tanks, drip tips, and some spare parts. Saves on shipping if you get a few at once. But I already knew I liked the Nautilus.

Aspire Nautilus accessories

Aspire Nautilus Hollowed Out Sleeve

• Useful

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    It's harder to find parts for the original Nautilus these days but they are still around. Aspire in China has all the parts. Evape has the cage tank. You can get a base for $10, $4 shipping. They have drip tips for $1 and spare rubber seals and so forth. Cage tank $8 from Evape, don't know shipping cost. That's cheaper than buying a complete tank. And if you buy a complete tank then you have to get a cage tank in addition.

That's how I did it. I got several bases, cage tanks, drip tips, and some spare parts. Saves on shipping if you get a few at once. But I already knew I liked the Nautilus.

Aspire Nautilus accessories

Aspire Nautilus Hollowed Out Sleeve
    Totally awesome. Thank you

Katya

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    SoCal
    Status