Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Modern Standard...according to who? So this year we have mods that allow 20 Watts and 30 Watts and that has become the "modern standard".

I think your definition of standard is pretty restrictive.

Hate to break it to you but the "standard" is still the fixed voltage cig-a-like.

A "standard" is not defined by the fringe, it's defined by the majority and clearly the majority of vapers are still vaping between 6 to 15 watts.

I'm happy you have found your vaping heaven, not everyone vapes the same way you do. But if it makes you feel better insulting ProVari owners, by all means do so.

Glad YOU did this response, p.opus. I'm in such a mood as would cause a bit of a stir... so thank you!

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Glad YOU did this response, p.opus. I'm in such a mood as would cause a bit of a stir... so thank you!

No kidding my prepared response may have resulted in my expulsion from ECF, thank you.
And I was in that mood day before yesterday and last night

Now who likes pie the apple kind not 3.14159265
-nerd humor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
The Provari is just a damn reliable device and it suits me just fine

Great!, no one is saying otherwise, calm down

And yet further on down the thread we have:

There's nothing wrong with lower standards. Cars that's are slow and reliable have their place. The Provari: The Mini Van of APV's.

What the Provari owners (myself included) are defensive about is just what I quoted above. We get told A LOT that even though it suits us just fine, we clearly don't know our own preferences. :)

I'm vaping right now on my first mech mod, which I received today as part of a prize package from Craft Vapery. It's a Surefire King with a Brass Monkey at .45ohms. It hits HARD. Really hard. In the same contest I won these in I also got a genuine Kraken that was built earlier today at 1.2ohms with SS mesh/SS rope. The flavor is fantastic! But I'm disliking how hard the dripper is hitting, and think I'll switch back to my Provari with a Sophia for a while and take a break. The flavor and vapor on that are also fantastic without hitting like a freight train. If you put something crappy like a Protank on a Provari, of course it's going to suck. But my Sophias and Dripper Pros, that I build at 1.2 (because yes, Virginia, you CAN use rebuildables on a Provari), give one hell of a good vaping experience, and I enjoy the consistency of the vape, the reliability of the device, and not having to worry about what I'm vaping on - just what I put on top.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I realize I'm not always the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this one went MILES over my head.

Somebody 'splain, please. You, with the funny hat - help me out here?

Haha yeah we went from blackberrys and iPhones to TVs, wrenches and toaster ovens and out of left field- football, or soccer?

Huh?
This thread is a psychiatrist's dream. Lol

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
No kidding my prepared response may have resulted in my expulsion from ECF, thank you.
And I was in that mood day before yesterday and last night

Now who likes pie the apple kind not 3.14159265
-nerd humor

Throw a little ice cream on it and I am IN!

Pi's cool too, Sheldon. ;)

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
The evolution of Provari threads (and the typical troll responses)
1. They outperform other APV's.....(But they don't have...Variable Voltage...Ego Cone...do 20 watts...Whatever you can come up with to ignore the fact that a ProVari is 5 times more accurate in it's voltage regulation than any other device out there)
2. Well, they're more durable and American....(But their SOOO expensive. They're over $200.00 --- not really, but I'll add extension caps, color options, batteries, and whatever else I need to do to make $159.00 starting price climb to over $200.00)
3. Well, they have a flat signal. (I'll ignore the fact that I'll use the exact same argument to justify why I spent $300 on a ZNA.)
4. But that warranty! (Since I can't really argue warranty, I'll simply harp on price again, $200.00? That's 5 times more expensive than a VAMO....but $100 less than the ZNA I just bought.)
5. Well, there's something wrong with everyone else. Cloud chasing .....! (Well I guess a ProVari is OK if you are a "low tech" vaper. We all know that building quad head .8 ohm micro coils using virgin organically grown cotton washed in Holly Hunter's tears is the ONLY way that real men and women vape....Otherwise, you just aren't doing it right.....and you don't have 'high standards".)

It's been a fun ride. (it certainly has...)

Last edited:

vojvodic0421

Apr 23, 2014
Peoria AZ
ProVari v2.5 was my first MOD as being "Cadillac" of VV/VW devices, but I didn't learn much about Semovar from Svoemesto, or Hana or any other DNA device. I shelled out 260 big ones for extension cap, 18650, etc. Now I got Semovar and Hana Modz v3 and almost sold my ProVari on ebay. I can tell you I had the bid on it for over 2/3 of my original cost and then my emotional attachment got the better of me. I took it off ebay and still use it on my daily rotation. It's a great device even though it lacks plenty of features, such as vw, or DNA chip, but consistency and easy of taking care of makes it my favorite, apart from being my first MOD. My 2 cents.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
And yet further on down the thread we have:

What the Provari owners (myself included) are defensive about is just what I quoted above. We get told A LOT that even though it suits us just fine, we clearly don't know our own preferences. :)

I'm vaping right now on my first mech mod, which I received today as part of a prize package from Craft Vapery. It's a Surefire King with a Brass Monkey at .45ohms. It hits HARD. Really hard. In the same contest I won these in I also got a genuine Kraken that was built earlier today at 1.2ohms with SS mesh/SS rope. The flavor is fantastic! But I'm disliking how hard the dripper is hitting, and think I'll switch back to my Provari with a Sophia for a while and take a break. The flavor and vapor on that are also fantastic without hitting like a freight train. If you put something crappy like a Protank on a Provari, of course it's going to suck. But my Sophias and Dripper Pros, that I build at 1.2 (because yes, Virginia, you CAN use rebuildables on a Provari), give one hell of a good vaping experience, and I enjoy the consistency of the vape, the reliability of the device, and not having to worry about what I'm vaping on - just what I put on top.

Good post. Horses for courses.

B1sh0p

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Chicago
1. They outperform other APV's.....(But they don't have...Variable Voltage...Ego Cone...do 20 watts...Whatever you can come up with to ignore the fact that a ProVari is 5 times more accurate in it's voltage regulation than any other device out there)
2. Well, they're more durable and American....But their SOOO expensive. They're over $200.00 (not really, but I'll add extension caps, color options, batteries, and whatever else I need to do to make $159.00 starting price climb to over $200.00)
3. Well, they have a flat signal. (I'll ignore the fact that I'll use the same argument to justify why I spent 300 on a mech mod...)
4. But that warranty! (Since I can't really argue warranty, I'll simply harp on price again, $200.00? That's 5 times more expensive than a VAMO....)
5. Well, there's something wrong with everyone else. Cloud chasing .....! (Well I guess a ProVari is OK if you are a "low tech" vaper. We all know that building quad head .8 ohm micro coils using virgin organically grown cotton washed in Holly Hunter's tears is the ONLY way that real men and women vape....Otherwise, you just aren't doing it right.....and you don't have 'high standards".)

It's been a fun ride.

Bad post filled with nothing but straw men.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
2. Well, they're more durable and American....But their SOOO expensive. They're over $200.00 (not really, but I'll add extension caps, color options, batteries, and whatever else I need to do to make $159.00 starting price climb to over $200.00)
3. Well, they have a flat signal. (I'll ignore the fact that I'll use the same argument to justify why I spent 300 on a mech mod...)
4. But that warranty! (Since I can't really argue warranty, I'll simply harp on price again, $200.00? That's 5 times more expensive than a VAMO....)

It's been a fun ride.

Hahaha I can hear that in Dennis Learys voice
Wait he's over the hill too so he can't be funny. Dave Chapel? Crap he's old also.... Dane Cook yeah that's who said it!

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
...using virgin organically grown cotton washed in Holly Hunter's tears is the ONLY way that real men and women vape....

Wha?...where do you get the Holly Hunter Tears???

I've been using water from triskaidecagon snowflakes harvested by Chilean priests then melted by the sunlight of the vernal equinox (precisely at noon)...but the taste...hmmm, it just lacks that certain je nais c'est quoi...

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Hahaha I can hear that in Dennis Learys voice
Wait he's over the hill too so he can't be funny. Dave Chapel? Crap he's old also.... Dane Cook yeah that's who said it!

Nope..."Holly Hunters Tears" was courtesy of Patton Oswalt when he was describing the menu of Fleur De Lis in Las Vegas....

Coelli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
I was told that if I switched from ekowool to cotton that the house elves were going to sneak in and steal all fabric in my home that was not 100 percent pure organically grown cotton from the moons of Jupiter.

Cotton is SO last month, man. You gotta try ReadyWick.

(Actually, I'm serious. :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread