Status
Not open for further replies.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Just waiting for the red lights to go out on the charger, is all I'm going to say. :) Got the small STech DC tank to try it out and a handful of the suggested punched cartos. Having zero experience with tanks (have only tried a J-tank thus far), the SS cartos seem to be longer than the cartos (Boge 2.0) I had been using in the J-Tank. I'm assuming these are XXL ?? Trying to get all this new stuff figured out to prevent bad product orders. I'm a huuuuge dripper so not sure I'm set on cartos or not yet, but the Provari will tell me what I need to know. Anyone know of a good size carto, preferably in stainless ?? I've got a huuuuge pile of Ego equipment including loads of my fav. LR attys, but I see they will NOT thread to the Provari. I DID see an Ego-T to Provari adapter mentioned on their website, and this works ?? I'm sure a few readers have gone cross-eyed at this point, "Wha, you wanna screw Ego attys to a Provari" ??. Hehe, yes, would also like to see how dripping is on the new PV, and realizing I AM limiting myself because they are LR attys (I've read that 3.0's are better to open up your voltage choices), but would like to try them.

EGO vs. 510 atty question: Having vaped for 1.5 years on ONLY EGO equipment, I'm somewhat confused by comparing an EGO LR atty and a smaller looking 510. When comparing the two the EGO's seem to have a much larger bridge/coil/mesh than the 510 (I know 510 is a thread size, but not sure what else to call it), so I had assumed the EGO's would just vape better. Any thoughts on a good SS batch of attys so I can try out dripping on the PV ??

Thanks for your help, and sorry if these questions get asked over and over.

WallyO

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Cicero,IL
    Have had my ProVari for a few months now. Love it. I did get the ego adapter and it comes in handy for any Ego carts. You can put anything you want on it. Just adjust the voltage down to start if it's a low resistance cart. Then keep moving up little by little til you get the taste you like. Funny after using this for a few months I am finding I very rarely go over 4.2 volts. I'm not much for a hot vape and most juices lose some of their flavor if you go too high.
    Good lick with it. I am sure you will be thrilled over the long run. A very well made toy and being able to measure the resistance of your carts is a bug plus.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Thanks Wally, not hating on cartos (haven't been using them long enough to decide), but I fear that over 1.5 years of dripping has me hooked. Vaping some test vapes on the newly charged Provari now. Easy to use controls, and seemingly flooded my first attempt at the carto/tank as juice kept flowing out of battery hole. :O Will vape straight carto no tank for a bit. Going to do an A/B comparison between the trusty EGO dripp and the Provari carto.

provari.jpg

dirfm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    North America - Florida
    on my provari, I primarily use a good tank (phiniac) and boge ss 510 cartos. If I am going to drip, I personally use either an ody drip mode or a lr 306 or i06 with the dca's. Definitely have to play with the voltage though so that you avoid errors. The nice thing is, if you go to high, just unscrew the atty, lower the voltage, and screw it back in. I have not had problems burning them out if they are good to start with.

sessiondrummer

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jan 22, 2011
    USA
    Thanks dirfm. Still trying to figure out what I was/did/am doing wrong with the tank. It seems if the tank gets near the bottom, and I want to top off the tank, that's when the carto floods out. I'm sure it is full of juice, but the tank is near the bottom, I remove the top cap, top off the tank, push top lid back on. I've even blown gently down to clear out the air passage, still flooded. It seems that by pushing the top cap on, it's pressurizing the ejuice INTO the carto which is already full. I may have to try something different like slowly pushing the carto out enough to get juice in, then sliding it back up into the top cap. Trying to love the cartos, just being thwarted by my own inexperience, so your help and suggestions are very well timed, and appreciated.

Phil Busardo also suggested the Phiniac as there are no doubts to it's quality, WHICH after all WOULD be a nice mate for the premium Provari. Roger that on the cleaning of the center pin, no disagreement here on that one. :) One last question about the SS Boge 510 cartos, which length fits in the Phiniac tanks ?? Standard, XXL ?? Do you have a lead on good cartos by the box ? Thanks again.

dirfm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2011
    North America - Florida
    I do have some leads on cartos...you want the regular ss. I really do think the tank makes a difference. I started with some of the arry tanks and I flooded all of them. I have moved onto others, again phiniac is a personal favorite - expensive, but I run cartos through them like a train. I tend to do about 6 ml a day - means filling the tank twice a day. Never had an issue with flooding on my set-up. Send me a pm if you want more info or some pictures!

I would say as a tip...I have never had to blow down on a carto that has already been filled and topping off (a tank). I typically will wipe the carto when I have it raised, fill the tank, push it back down, and then put the tip back on. At this point I will push/pull it up and down letting the air bubbles escape from the holes/cuts. I do then let it sit for a few minutes and settle...again this is when I am refilling a tank.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread