Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
Was discussed a bit on another thread. We know the Vamo fires at 37hz and the Provari at 800hz. Here is something I found that Ill bet not many know. Every Vamo pulse is at 6v. Each time it fires (37 times a second) this is what it does. How it achieves different voltages is how long it stays on vs how long its off. You will see in the following pictures (oscope set to 2v per square) that at 3v, the vamo fires 6v 50% of the time, at 4.5v it fires 7v 75% of the time, and at 6v it fires about 95-97% of the time. The provari fires so often that at slower time stamps, it looks like a solid line. When it fires @ 3v, its 3v. When 4.5 its 4.5 so forth and so on. The line actually goes up and down the scale with voltage instead of making an average out of 6 and 0v. I did manage to get a good look at the ProV's pulses with a little adjusting. I had it down to .2V per square making the voltage varriation only in the neighborhood of .05v. And it does this 800 times a second.

Here is the Vamo firing at 3v. 3 squares up from center is 6v and center line is 0v. Notice that is 50% on and 50% off.
2013-02-13 20.27.48.jpg
Here is a firing at 4.5v Notice the time up is about 75% now.
2013-02-13 20.28.17.jpg
Here is the Vamo at 6. It hardly has any down time at all.
2013-02-13 20.28.36.jpg
Now the ProV at 3v.
2013-02-13 20.31.21.jpg
and at 6v.
2013-02-13 20.32.32.jpg

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
It's not that hard to do, it's just more expensive.

for the chinese that would equate to about 5 dollars more for electronics .

they have no need or desire to to do that because people are in mad buying frenzy to get the latest new thing !! regardless of how it performs, perfect example would be the evic

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
But obviously that isn't what happens. The coils don't react that fast, so the average is fine.

Vape them both side by side with the same juice delivery systems and juices and tell us that. You might not be able to taste the difference but some of us can.

I recently won a custom, one of a kind, variable voltage, box mod from Phiniac that has sat in my drawer untouched except for the first day because of this. Its a beautiful mod and Im very happy I won it here.Id love to show it off all the time but it just doesnt perform as well as my Provari in regards to taste.

The Oscilloscope tells the true tale.Would you prefer to vape on a device thats bi-polar or one thats a little more sane?

Your opinions and feelings about the Vamo as well as mine and everyone else is subjective but its hard to argue with science backed up with ones own experience.

Last edited:

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Vape them both side by side with the same juice delivery systems and juices and tell us that. You might not be able to taste the difference but some of us can.

Your opinions and feelings about the Vamo as well as mine and everyone else is subjective but its hard to argue with science backed up with ones own experience.

there will always be haters that come into provari threads and spread their hate.

it is comical to watch them struggle to de-bunk pure scientific facts like what has been displayed here by OP

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
Its not even the speed at which it cycles that makes the most difference, its the varriation in voltage per pulse. In the Vamo, there is a 6V pulse happening from peak to peak, in the ProV the pulse is .05v peak to peak. I did this research because Im blown away by how good the ProV is compared to the Vamo. Everyone says "the battery doesnt matter, they both heat the coil and that is all" This is simply not true. Someone says the average is good enough.. It IS good enough to produce good vapor. Vapor production was never a problem with the Vamo especially when I got a good carto tank. But it always seemed harsh. If you turn the voltage too high on any device, it does get harsh. This just does it really fast. Vaping the ProV is so much smoother and now I know why. They are not equal. I imagine the mechanical mods are the smoothest vape of all. Purely flat line ;)

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
there will always be haters that come into provari threads and spread their hate.

it is comical to watch them struggle to de-bunk pure scientific facts like what has been displayed here by OP

I hear ya.It's kinda like one of my little brothers friends. He has a deep appreciating for really large women and occasionally gets teased about it.

The difference is he accepts the fact that his tastes lie outside the norm and doesnt try to insist that everyone else is wrong. Im sure if he allowed himself to take it personal like some do here that he wouldnt be a very happy camper.

Last edited:

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Its not even the speed at which it cycles that makes the most difference, its the varriation in voltage per pulse. In the Vamo, there is a 6V pulse happening from peak to peak, in the ProV the pulse is .05v peak to peak. I did this research because Im blown away by how good the ProV is compared to the Vamo. Everyone says "the battery doesnt matter, they both heat the coil and that is all" This is simply not true. Someone says the average is good enough.. It IS good enough to produce good vapor. Vapor production was never a problem with the Vamo especially when I got a good carto tank. But it always seemed harsh. If you turn the voltage too high on any device, it does get harsh. This just does it really fast. Vaping the ProV is so much smoother and now I know why. They are not equal. I imagine the mechanical mods are the smoothest vape of all. Purely flat line ;)

Not a hater. Provari is a great device. However, just because something cycles between different voltages does not imply that the coil temp is any different that if a steady voltage is applied.

If the coil is the same temp the vapor is the same.

Now maybe one or the other gets there faster or some other factor, but 37 times a second is plenty quick to obtain a stable coil temp.

Reactions: David Wolf

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I own both. 2 provaris and had 2 vamo's and several other mods.. The first vamo went south at 3 months old. Circut board went out on it. Trash can. Just for giggles I put an LED clearo on the vamo. Looked like a fancy strobe light. Same thing on the Provari and it was a steady light. I'm not a fanboy of any device.. Use the one that works for you. But I won't ever argue about quality. I agree with the statement on people hating the Provari but I also agree with people putting down a device that another member enjoys using. We are all different. That's why they make Ford's, Chevy, Chryler, etc. Keep your hate to yourself. We all are after the same thing and that's to stop smoking. Thank you for your time.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
I own both. 2 provaris and had 2 vamo's and several other mods.. The first vamo went south at 3 months old. Circut board went out on it. Trash can. Just for giggles I put an LED clearo on the vamo. Looked like a fancy strobe light. Same thing on the Provari and it was a steady light. I'm not a fanboy of any device.. Use the one that works for you. But I won't ever argue about quality. I agree with the statement on people hating the Provari but I also agree with people putting down a device that another member enjoys using. We are all different. That's why they make Ford's, Chevy, Chryler, etc. Keep your hate to yourself. We all are after the same thing and that's to stop smoking. Thank you for your time.

I hear you. I will never criticize the provari, and am not a fanboi of any device. There are a lot of differences between the provari and the vamo. There are a lot of ways to vape and a lot of ways to skin a cat. I come on here to learn and exchange ideas. I thought the OP was interesting information, and I learned something from reading it. But some of the comments are just bad information. When I see bad information, I will call it out.

The idea that modulating voltage at 37 cycles per second would cause juice to cycle between burning and being cold is just bad information. The voltage cycles which results in the coil achieving a certain temperature. The spikes in voltage do not spike the wire temp. Obviously, if you think about it the coil is not going from extremely hot to cold 37 times each second.

Reactions: David Wolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread