Status
Not open for further replies.

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Hope that this is an appropriate topic here, in ProVari land. I thought this would be an excellent way for everyone to share their past, present, and future vaping journey, all in one place.

I quit smoking and have been vaping for a little more than 2 months. This past month, my journey has taken on a new twist, as my provari mini (silver/blue) has firmly cemented me into a wonderful vaping adventure.

I purchased a second provari mini (silver/green) a couple of days ago. These little gems will be my vaping cornerstone. I could not have fallen upon a better device to experiment with all of the various e-juices and juice delivery devices.

Moving forward, I am very interested in e-pipes. As a young boy, I was always fascinated by my grandfather's tobacco pipe rituals. As such, I have been eyeing the Jazz pipes.

I trust that everyone is having and will continue to have a wonderful vaping journey.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

Last edited:

mayday_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2013
st louis MO
Moving forward, I am very interested in e-pipes. As a young boy, I was always fascinated by my grandfather's tobacco pipe rituals. As such, I have been eyeing the Jazz pipes.
Ive been looking at those as well :D I have fond memories of smoking my pipe a few years back. I have to agree though i'm loving my ProVari. :toast:

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
I just bought my mother a carto pipe for her birthday. It is cool as heck. I actually really like using it.

I have been vaping for over 8 months. I started with stick batteries and REALLY crappy 808 cartos....
My other mods are a Zmax, vv Gripper and Vamo. All pretty decent. I really love the Zmax.

But , none are as right for me as my Provari, and I have only had mine for less than a week. I also have a mini coming any day now.

I honestly did not think I would experience a measurable difference between them, but I was wrong. Although I understand that the Provari is not for everyone, it is definitely for me.:)

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
As most of us have used other devices prior to obtaining a Provari, we can truly appreciate it, once we have one in our hands.

I am going back to Las Vegas, next week. This is where Jazz E-Pipe is located. I hope to be vaping with one of these, soon.

18350 Churchwarden Isis Shorty Lock Tank-500x500.jpg

- Andy

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Started with SI Volts and X2's. Within a couple of weeks I knew I wanted mods and better delivery devices. First were a Silver Bullet and a BB. Then discovered variable voltage for the first time at an Altsmoke B & M. Soon got my first Provari. Oh yeah, cartotanks came into play soon after getting my first mods.

I got a couple of lightweight, inexpensive gripper-style VV mods (Ovale V8 and Smoktech Gripper) with the intent of using them when out-and-about instead of the relatively heavier Provari. Worked for a while, but eventually I started grabbing the Provari anyway because I just preferred vaping it.

All the while I'd always wanted a Mini but couldn't justify the cost of another Provari. When my 1 year smoke free anniversay came up, I decided I had earned the justification for a second Provari. I've had my new Mini just a couple of days and it is my new toy that has yet to leave my hand. These Pro-Thingy's are just so darn nice. Nothing else compares. :wub:

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Started with SI Volts and X2's. Within a couple of weeks I knew I wanted mods and better delivery devices. First were a Silver Bullet and a BB. Then discovered variable voltage for the first time at an Altsmoke B & M. Soon got my first Provari. Oh yeah, cartotanks came into play soon after getting my first mods.

I got a couple of lightweight, inexpensive gripper-style VV mods (Ovale V8 and Smoktech Gripper) with the intent of using them when out-and-about instead of the relatively heavier Provari. Worked for a while, but eventually I started grabbing the Provari anyway because I just preferred vaping it.

All the while I'd always wanted a Mini but couldn't justify the cost of another Provari. When my 1 year smoke free anniversay came up, I decided I had earned the justification for a second Provari. I've had my new Mini just a couple of days and it is my new toy that has yet to leave my hand. These Pro-Thingy's are just so darn nice. Nothing else compares. :wub:

Well, I for one, am pleased that you did what you did and shared your experiences with everyone . . . Because it saved me from possibly having a long uphill struggle.

- Andy

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Thanks for the thread eratikmind!

After smoking Newports for 15 years I finally took the suggestion to try out e-cigs. I was beginning to get out of control going through a carton a week & while I didn't want to quit...I enjoyed smoking...I knew it was starting to take a toll on my health. Heck, id just turned 30 & couldn't believe id been smoking for literally half of my life. One night I stumbled upon ECF & my journey began. I started out with a ego starter kit with CE4's & a couple of backup batteries then moved to novas, then purchased twists, then a smok groove, next switched it up to cartos & then to cartotanks & finally a Provari. I'd convinced myself that I'd still love my groove & my twists enough to take with me while I was out & about but after I week I found myself only using my Provari. I didn't understand it because I had once loved these pv's but they were beginning to get sad & lonely so I found good homes for them on the classifieds & purchased my 2nd Provari. I consider them to be my best purchases in my vaping journey thus far & so far they've ended my search for my next PV. Is there something better out there? I don't know but I know they are what work for me!

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
You are right, Chimney. There may or may not be a better device out there, but this is perfect for the moment.

To be honest, unless there is some out of this world delivery system, which requires a different type of device, I'll be set for a long time to come.

- Andy . . . Challenge the day.

kindnugs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Thousand Oaks, CA
Thanks for the thread eratikmind!

After smoking Newports for 15 years I finally took the suggestion to try out e-cigs. I was beginning to get out of control going through a carton a week & while I didn't want to quit...I enjoyed smoking...I knew it was starting to take a toll on my health. Heck, id just turned 30 & couldn't believe id been smoking for literally half of my life. One night I stumbled upon ECF & my journey began. I started out with a ego starter kit with CE4's & a couple of backup batteries then moved to novas, then purchased twists, then a smok groove, next switched it up to cartos & then to cartotanks & finally a Provari. I'd convinced myself that I'd still love my groove & my twists enough to take with me while I was out & about but after I week I found myself only using my Provari. I didn't understand it because I had once loved these pv's but they were beginning to get sad & lonely so I found good homes for them on the classifieds & purchased my 2nd Provari. I consider them to be my best purchases in my vaping journey thus far & so far they've ended my search for my next PV. Is there something better out there? I don't know but I know they are what work for me!

Pretty much the same for me. 34 as well :p

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
it's getting to where i don't even want to say the name of it now. i like 'em, so bought more than 1.
what is starting to irritate me is, that if you say provari to someone, somewhere else, people want to smart off, start acting like you're a child molester. i know open forums have all kinds. but come on. haters, or jealousy, or just idiots ?
hard to figure sometimes. but i guess you guys already know this. lol.
i wish someone had thoroughly gone over provi's with me when i started. i wouldn't have all this other junk taking up space in the safe. lol.
anyway, i'm still trying to decide what would be " The " best tank system. i'm still hanging in the air there. i like th4e way the 19mm sets on a provi, kinda wish i could find an Oddy to try.
i wonder if anyone has tried to make a pipe lookalike bowl to sit on top a provi ?

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
I just saw your post eratikmind and made an order for a 22mm xl tank from IBT also. I got a 19mm in on Saturday and love it.

Wonderful . . . I have a Vaperfexion xl pro v2 sitting at my desk and am wondering why I ordered it.

What color did you get? I ordered one in red and one in blue.

- Andy

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wonderful . . . I have a Vaperfexion xl pro v2 sitting at my desk and am wondering why I ordered it.
Great minds think alike. :D The original Pro-V from Vaperfexion was my first "expensive" cartotank. It's ok, but more likely than not it is left unused in favor of my IBTanks. Looking back from experience, I could have bought three IBTanks in place of the Pro-V.

ProV.jpg Family2.jpg

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
Great minds think alike. :D The original Pro-V from Vaperfexion was my first "expensive" cartotank. It's ok, but more likely than not it is left unused in favor of my IBTanks. Looking back from experience, I could have bought three IBTanks in place of the Pro-V.

View attachment 203229 View attachment 203230

Live and learn, I guess, Bad. Initially, I wanted the "fancy" stuff. Hey, they are nice to look at, if nothing else.

OCD's tank caps are very streamlined and clean looking, which makes them quite efficient with regard to juice capacity.

- Andy

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I have much nicer gear, but the carto tank I use most often is an Economy polypro from VVV. I think it's so ugly I never take it out anywhere and cartos are a major pain to change, since it has super tight silicone grommets. The side fill screw, however, balances that out for me and I put good cartos in it. I was really hoping the Protank would take its place, but sadly, I'm one of those who is indifferent to the Protank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread