Provari vs eGo Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I would not buy a $200 vaporizer. Assuming the twist works well and covered my needs, I would much rather have 3-4 of them than 1 device. There are many other factors besides quality that can cause a vaporizer to not work. You can lose it, damage it etc. Regardless of my personal preference, I think the biggest insult to the Provari is not the button/menu issues but that it is even being directly compared to the twist. It's definitely in a different category.

Last edited:

dDubs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
Buffalo, NY
I would not buy a $200 vaporizer. Assuming the twist works well and covered my needs, I would much rather have 3-4 of them than 1 device. There are many other factors besides quality that can cause a vaporizer to not work. You can lose it, damage it etc. Regardless of my personal preference, I think the biggest insult to the Provari is not the button/menu issues but that it is even being directly compared to the twist. It's definitely in a different category.
Well said. In a different category indeed. Both are great devices. Can't we all just get along? Haha

Striker911

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Mountain Home, AR
I have a nice mouse. Its a Logitech Performance MX. I was going to get a track ball but decided against it due to the up and down reviews. Mine can quick scroll in two ways. Has a zoom button. Page forward and back. and page swapping. Its all easy to get to and fits the hand really well. If anyone is in the market the price has came down and I give it a A+. Have had it for about 2 years and I hope they are still making them when the time comes to get a new one.

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
Well said. In a different category indeed. Both are great devices. Can't we all just get along? Haha

NO!!! Kidding. Really, I don't see the comparison here either. I would totally add a twist to my arsenal if I cared about size. Since 99% of the time I have a big tank on...it seems like a waste in my situation. There is a good market and rationale for both devices.

Maybe if I really dig my vivi novas when they arrive I could get a mini and a twist. Not sure if I will ever worry about it. I like that the option exists.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
it was good clean teasing. You seem to have a sense of humor in threads until the anti provari rage takes over.

Terribly sorry.

No, I got that. That line was a joke as well. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

The rest of it was just information that people don't usually get. I defend Macs like you guys defend Provaris because I honestly believe my life got better when I ditched Windows, despite the fact that they're more expensive, only come from one company, etc.. But it's a computer with a warranty that gives me a real shell, makes me use the mouse sparingly (I hate mice), and runs real audio software. So I guess that's one thing we kind of have in common.

I think the reason I'm so anti-provari is because I really wanted one until I saw a demo of that menu system.

If it works for you, I'm honestly a bit jealous. They're gorgeous and seem well-supported and well thought out. And the satin black with a blue display is pretty freaking awesome looking. I'm just annoyed that by making a few tiny design changes, it would be just as pretty and not something that I'd end up hating.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
No, it's because I wasn't a vaper when the Provari was new and compared to the buzz pro, darwin, and twist, I find the interface a step backwards. But I think it's telling that you're apparently a PC user. Windows 8 is still slower to use than OS X or Linux were years ago.

Actually, I haven't owned a PC in 5 years. I have a Mac Mini in the dining room, a Macbook Pro on my lap, and a Debian Squeeze server in the closet. It took me about a week to learn the UI and *menu system* of a Mac, but once I did, I realized how superior it is. That day I decided to get rid of the PC's in my house.

I just reference PC's because that's what 90+ % of the general public has.

Scott_Simpson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
I've followed this thread with interest, and it confirms exactly what's been going through my mind about the whole subject of vaping. For 15 years, I was a pipe smoker and I find the vaping community to be just like the pipe-smoking community to which I happily belonged, and for many of the same reasons.

I look at all the mods available to us, and I'm reminded instantly of my collection of pipes. I and my pipe smoking friends would compare our favorites endlessly, with constant good-humored (usually) discussions of the qualities of Mediterranean briar versus American burl, or whether the Canadian style shank was superior to the Bulldog. EVERYBODY had an opinion about Church Wardens, and there was always the occasional Calabash nut in the crowd! Just like here ...

We all collected pipes to one degree or another, and for different reasons ... some collected for looks, some collected particular makers, some collected different woods and materials (if you've never smoked your favorite mix in a well broken-in Meerschaum, you just haven't lived!) ... and we all got enjoyment out of our equipment, albeit in very different ways.

I had a friend—a fishing buddy—who was a master of the corncob pipe; it was all he ever smoked, and he made his own. We'd be out fishing, he in one end of the boat making clouds of smoke out of his hand-made (and cheap!) corncobs and I at the other end making my own clouds from my (quite expensive!) Savinellis ... and I think we were both equally happy.

So it is with vaping devices ... you have your ProVari and I have my Twists ... it's not an issue of what's best, but of what we like.

Now that we have that settled, let's have a lively discussion of tobacco blends and juice flavors! :D

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I've followed this thread with interest, and it confirms exactly what's been going through my mind about the whole subject of vaping. For 15 years, I was a pipe smoker and I find the vaping community to be just like the pipe-smoking community to which I happily belonged, and for many of the same reasons.

I look at all the mods available to us, and I'm reminded instantly of my collection of pipes. I and my pipe smoking friends would compare our favorites endlessly, with constant good-humored (usually) discussions of the qualities of Mediterranean briar versus American burl, or whether the Canadian style shank was superior to the Bulldog. EVERYBODY had an opinion about Church Wardens, and there was always the occasional Calabash nut in the crowd! Just like here ...

We all collected pipes to one degree or another, and for different reasons ... some collected for looks, some collected particular makers, some collected different woods and materials (if you've never smoked your favorite mix in a well broken-in Meerschaum, you just haven't lived!) ... and we all got enjoyment out of our equipment, albeit in very different ways.

I had a friend—a fishing buddy—who was a master of the corncob pipe; it was all he ever smoked, and he made his own. We'd be out fishing, he in one end of the boat making clouds of smoke out of his hand-made (and cheap!) corncobs and I at the other end making my own clouds from my (quite expensive!) Savinellis ... and I think we were both equally happy.

So it is with vaping devices ... you have your ProVari and I have my Twists ... it's not an issue of what's best, but of what we like.

Now that we have that settled, let's have a lively discussion of tobacco blends and juice flavors! :D

The Provari is better. And the Twist stinks.

(sorry... I'm a pipe guy too... had to go there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread