Status
Not open for further replies.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
I've had a ProVari in my shopping cart at ProVape for months. Sooner or later I'll probably hit the Check Out button (about once a week I get an email from ProVape telling me I should do just that). In the meantime, I have two LavaTubes that do the same thing the ProVari does. I figure one of them will eventually crap out, at which point I'll consider moving up in the world.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I've had a ProVari in my shopping cart at ProVape for months. Sooner or later I'll probably hit the Check Out button (about once a week I get an email from ProVape telling me I should do just that). In the meantime, I have two LavaTubes that do the same thing the ProVari does. I figure one of them will eventually crap out, at which point I'll consider moving up in the world.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I've had a ProVari in my shopping cart at ProVape for months. Sooner or later I'll probably hit the Check Out button (about once a week I get an email from ProVape telling me I should do just that). In the meantime, I have two LavaTubes that do This is my plan, the same thing the ProVari does. I figure one of them will eventually crap out, at which point I'll consider moving up in the world.

This is my plan, I have he Lambo 4 so I will buy the V2 Young June and then at least if one breaks downs I have a back up and then when that happens I will think more about the Provari. The Lambo 4 cost me $88 from England and the Young June wil cost me $41 from China.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
This is my plan, I have he Lambo 4 so I will buy the V2 Young June and then at least if one breaks downs I have a back up and then when that happens I will think more about the Provari. The Lambo 4 cost me $88 from England and the Young June wil cost me $41 from China.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. If they cost the same, the decision would be easier. But let's face it, the prices are not the same and the difference is some serious loot for many people. As for the Lavatube, Busardo gave the Young June much higher marks than the L-Rider. I have the YJ and it has performed flawlessly for me despite the dozen times its dropped out of my pocket and onto the floor. Am I lucky? Beats me. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I've had a ProVari in my shopping cart at ProVape for months. Sooner or later I'll probably hit the Check Out button (about once a week I get an email from ProVape telling me I should do just that).

Have several drinks before you visit next time. Then report back please.

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. If they cost the same, the decision would be easier. But let's face it, the prices are not the same and the difference is some serious loot for many people. As for the Lavatube, Busardo gave the Young June much higher marks than the L-Rider. I have the YJ and it has performed flawlessly for me despite the dozen times its dropped out of my pocket and onto the floor. Am I lucky? Beats me. It's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
My L-Rider Lambo is the version 4, which is not the one from his video, the Lambo V4 does tell you the ohms of your clearo, is does fit the V2 stardust clearos fine, the LCD display is very clear and it does shut down when it get nearly to 3 volts. They must have seen the video and got things sorted.
However I did enjoy watching his video many times so for $41 for a full Young June kit 2 batteries, charger, 2 V2 clearos all included I will buy it as my backup.

The one I bought from the UK supplier at $88 was also a kit with 2 batteries, a charger and a drip tip.

dingo1799

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
IL
Just Know This:
If you use your ProVeri with a solid Stainless Steel Genesis Atomizer------
You MUST FIRST: Do push-ups with your thumb to get it in shape!!!
The combination of the two are pretty heavy!!!

us americans are too lazy anyway. something needs to give everyone exercise.

me? not too heavy for me. swing a 20 lb sledgehammer 3 nights a week.....not much is heavy after getting used to that :blink:

juicyfer

Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Leoma TN
Ok, so what is the difference bewteen the Provari vs Lava Tube?

The price, yes
The weight?
How it works?
How long it will last?
Anything else?

I have been a happy owner of the lavatube for probably 8 months when I decided to put it in my pocket with my Bulli Smoker A2TM rebuildable atomizer!The first thing that happened let me jump back here for a second,the bottom piece that keeps the battery in came apart first,it was like a piece of plastic same as the top piece,came unglued or It came off the bottom piece with whatever was sprayed on it to hold it together!Then after breaking off a few 510 to ego extensions broke off,or cheap made atomizers,cartomizers,or tanks broke off the top,the well built highly recommended Bulli A2TM was stronger than the lavatube and wouldn't give,so the top piece broke lose,the wires stayed soldered the first two times,so I just took some super glue and glued the top back together as for the bottom piece I lost before I bought me some super glue.The next time the ground wire broke off so I had to solder it back on.Then this last time the bulli pulled the 510 connection out of the top piece so I put super glue on it and tapped it back in with a small hammer.The one who first made the lavatube had to make a killing,because they ain't nothing but a aluminum sleve with plastic molded to fit around it with a aluminum piece on the bottom, with a plastic piece that's glued to the aluminum piece, that screws in to hold the battery!The top piece is nothing but a 510 connector pressed tightly into a piece of plastic and then glued together with what looks to be spray on adhesive!!Just about any of the atomizers,cartomizers,or tanks out there,will likely be harder to break then that piece of plastic that is glued to a piece of aluminum! The bulli rebuildable atomizers are from germany and are very well made,and I know for fact the lavatube will give before the bulli will!!!My daddy used to tell me about pocket knives,if they are not made in solingen germany don't buy them,unless they are a case made in the usa before 1980,because that is where the best metals are made.I would have already bought a provari,but I have been waiting for something better to come out,that you can actually go online and buy!I love the mods out there but who wants to wait 6 months to 2 years for one because the one who makes them,probably only makes 2 or 3 a day if that many,and you have to go ahead and pay,and you got 500 people ahead of you!!The provari is probably the best right now,and they have great customer reviews,customer service,and a good product history! I like the looks of the zmax,but with my experiences with the lavatube,i'm afraid they would be about as well made,well probably better than those cause you can't get much cheaper made!!I do think the lavatube does well considering how cheaply it is made,and I do think I got more than $59.99 worth of use out of it.The cost of a pack of cigarettes these days,and the amount of money you save with the benefits of a healthier lifestyle, is worth alot more than a Provari,or even many of the over priced mods out there,like the stuff from Golden Greek and other similar more expensive mods and ecigs out there!That is what i'm considering with my next purchase,and as long as I'm getting a well built,long lasting product with a warranty,from a reputable company,price doesn't matter!!;)

Z_Ghost

Resting In Peace
Sep 2, 2012
Arlington Texas
Well I now own
1 Young June Lavatube.
1 Blue Provari.
I like both.
I will keep using both.
They are both different in some ways, better in some ways.
Then again they are the same in some ways.
One is better at that in some ways, then again the other one is better at this in some ways.

OK that's my review of them.
I have to go fill up some nova's so I can vape both of them at the same time so I get the best of both of them at the same time.

Last edited:

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Well I now own
1 Young June Lavatube.
Blue Provari.
I like both.
I will keep using both.
They are both different in some ways, better in some ways.
Then again they are the same in some ways.
One is better at that in some ways, then again the other one is better at this in some ways.

OK that's my review of them.
I have to go fill up some nova's so I can vape both of them at the same time so I get the best of both of them at the same time.

Z, that was such a crappy and ambiguous review that I had to give you a "like". :D

Z_Ghost

Resting In Peace
Sep 2, 2012
Arlington Texas
Z, that was such a crappy and ambiguous review that I had to give you a "like". :D

Thanks
:laugh:
Every one is different, we all like different things.
I like the PV better then the LT but then for the $ I better.
But I do not hate the LT and will keep using it at times.
If you have the money and want a PV buy it.
If you do not have the money or do not want to spend that much then get the LT.
They both work better then cigs.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
:headbang:Well to tell the truth. Which I'm told I never sugar coat by the woman I love more than life. Darn it. I've just got a SB today. Very impressed so far. Feels good. Lots better than the vmax I got. I want VW. I put together a nice package for the SB and then compared it with a niced Provari setup. I DON'T DO MATH ANY MORE. I had to do that for way to long to worry about it now. I want a set it and forget it mod. But after comparing prices. Well the Provari is looking more and more like a reality right now. :facepalm:
I was looking at the kicklet. that's half the price of the provari but you still got to put something on it to make it work. I guess the vmax really turned me against the vv but I like to think I'm open minded. After all I got a Chrysler and a BMW so who knows.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have been a happy owner of the lavatube for probably 8 months when I decided to put it in my pocket with my Bulli Smoker A2TM rebuildable atomizer!The first thing that happened let me jump back here for a second,the bottom piece that keeps the battery in came apart first,it was like a piece of plastic same as the top piece,came unglued or It came off the bottom piece with whatever was sprayed on it to hold it together!Then after breaking off a few 510 to ego extensions broke off,or cheap made atomizers,cartomizers,or tanks broke off the top,the well built highly recommended Bulli A2TM was stronger than the lavatube and wouldn't give,so the top piece broke lose,the wires stayed soldered the first two times,so I just took some super glue and glued the top back together as for the bottom piece I lost before I bought me some super glue.The next time the ground wire broke off so I had to solder it back on.Then this last time the bulli pulled the 510 connection out of the top piece so I put super glue on it and tapped it back in with a small hammer.The one who first made the lavatube had to make a killing,because they ain't nothing but a aluminum sleve with plastic molded to fit around it with a aluminum piece on the bottom, with a plastic piece that's glued to the aluminum piece, that screws in to hold the battery!The top piece is nothing but a 510 connector pressed tightly into a piece of plastic and then glued together with what looks to be spray on adhesive!!Just about any of the atomizers,cartomizers,or tanks out there,will likely be harder to break then that piece of plastic that is glued to a piece of aluminum! The bulli rebuildable atomizers are from germany and are very well made,and I know for fact the lavatube will give before the bulli will!!!My daddy used to tell me about pocket knives,if they are not made in solingen germany don't buy them,unless they are a case made in the usa before 1980,because that is where the best metals are made.I would have already bought a provari,but I have been waiting for something better to come out,that you can actually go online and buy!I love the mods out there but who wants to wait 6 months to 2 years for one because the one who makes them,probably only makes 2 or 3 a day if that many,and you have to go ahead and pay,and you got 500 people ahead of you!!The provari is probably the best right now,and they have great customer reviews,customer service,and a good product history! I like the looks of the zmax,but with my experiences with the lavatube,i'm afraid they would be about as well made,well probably better than those cause you can't get much cheaper made!!I do think the lavatube does well considering how cheaply it is made,and I do think I got more than $59.99 worth of use out of it.The cost of a pack of cigarettes these days,and the amount of money you save with the benefits of a healthier lifestyle, is worth alot more than a Provari,or even many of the over priced mods out there,like the stuff from Golden Greek and other similar more expensive mods and ecigs out there!That is what i'm considering with my next purchase,and as long as I'm getting a well built,long lasting product with a warranty,from a reputable company,price doesn't matter!!;)
:facepalm: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! My eyes!!

:danger: Wall of text alert!!

Hey! Ever hear of paragraphs? No way I'm reading that.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:headbang:Well to tell the truth. Which I'm told I never sugar coat by the woman I love more than life. Darn it. I've just got a SB today. Very impressed so far. Feels good. Lots better than the vmax I got. I want VW. I put together a nice package for the SB and then compared it with a niced Provari setup. I DON'T DO MATH ANY MORE. I had to do that for way to long to worry about it now. I want a set it and forget it mod. But after comparing prices. Well the Provari is looking more and more like a reality right now. :facepalm:
I was looking at the kicklet. that's half the price of the provari but you still got to put something on it to make it work. I guess the vmax really turned me against the vv but I like to think I'm open minded.
Well, a Kicked Bullet won't check your battery's voltage, won't check your ohms, won't warn you when your battery needs replaced. I know, a voltage meter would do all of those things for a whole lot cheaper, but it IS convenient to have all that built into the Provari and not have to pack a voltage meter around with you.

If you ever feel the desire to change your watts on the Kicked Bullet, you're going to have to unscrew the endcap, pull out the battery, pull out the Kick, use a screwdriver to adjust the setting ("Now where did I leave that dang thing?"), put the Kick back in , put the battery back in, and screw the endcap back on. Hopefully the setting is now close to where you wanted it (No digital readout).

To change the output on the Provari, I click the button 5 times, press and hold to either power up or power down to the setting. Accuset Technology. Precise. Accurate. Easy. Same from beginning to end with each battery (and with a digital readout).

The Provari will warn you if you try to do something stupid, like trying to use too much power on a low resistance coil, thereby preventing you from blowing the coil and wasting money on blown coilsl. I don't believe the Kick has that protection.

My intention here is not to make you regret your purchase, but...

Price of Silver Bullet (85) + Extension Sleeve ($25) + Kick ($45) = $155

Price of Silver Bullet ($85) + (Kick/Kicklett combo $100) = $185

Price of Provari: $160

Isn't a Provari worth 5 more dollars? That's cheaper than the cost of a pack of analogs in my city.

I absolutely love my Silver Bullet, but since I got the Provari its been collecting dust and is strictly a backup now.

I think the Kick is a nice way to get higher wattage/voltage if you already have a tube mod that a Kick can work with and only need to get different batteries, or an extension sleeve or a Kicklett.

I think there are better and cheaper ways to get there if you are starting out from scratch.

Last edited:

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
TL.DR. Summary please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread